Kettering

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kettering

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Aug 2018, 16:50

2-0 them. And to be frank it's deserved.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Cornwall yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Cornwall yeltz » 18 Aug 2018, 16:54

Need alot more in midfield.

And we'll done to Kettering fantastic coverage...

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Aug 2018, 16:59

FT 2-0. Decent first half. Poor second half. Frustrating to see talented players who are willing to work hard, wasted.

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 18 Aug 2018, 17:54

Another poor team selection doesn’t add up to me. Like awaydayyeltz said talented players being wasted. How long can this go on a very talented side but just poor managerial decisions is going to cost us again.

thirdeye301
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by thirdeye301 » 18 Aug 2018, 18:04

THEYELTZBUG wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 17:54
Another poor team selection doesn’t add up to me. Like awaydayyeltz said talented players being wasted. How long can this go on a very talented side but just poor managerial decisions is going to cost us again.
But who will listen? You, we can all see who & what's at fault, same old same old
This will be a league that you cannot afford to drift away,

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Aug 2018, 18:14

There has to be a change. Waiting for 10 games will be too late!
Unfortunately there is no possibility of this happening as there is a misplaced loyalty to the present incumbent in the dugout.
Hard decisions have to be made to make sure that we have a chance to survive this season.
Yes, I know that we're only three games in but as I've previously posted we can't wait until it is too late.
The dugout duo have had long enough to show that they can adapt their tactics to different situations and patently they have failed - in my opinion.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 18 Aug 2018, 18:41

I guess Kettering will be up there at the end of the season so to be the better team for 30 minutes is pretty good. Yet even in that time we did not really create much and after that save for the attempt that hit the bar there was little or nothing. Having the availability of Kelly bombing down the flank and the supposed firepower we have up front we should be causing teams real problems. We also have a decent midfield to work through but they rarely seem to be given the opportunity to do their stuff as the ball is sailing over their heads. It's all so frustrating. I'm sure I'm not savvy enough to make these good players gel but I'm not the one charged with the job. It's looking same old, same old.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 18 Aug 2018, 19:29

A weak performance, both collectively and individually. I won’t comment on the defence as that’s a complete mess. Ahmed Ali had a stinker today, lucky not to see red. Zero link up play in midfield- I have no idea why Goddard is overlooked when we have such a dearth of creativity. Gilpin comes on as a lone winger but hardly gets a touch.

Only positive today was James Roberts, absolutely superb performance from him. Could be lethal at this level if we got our act sorted and started to play to our abilities.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Aug 2018, 19:36

I can only echo the above comments calling for managerial change. It's not too early. My concern now is that we will leave it too late. It doesn't matter if they have 3 games or 30 games. It will not change.

You can copy and paste the Banbury post match comments and they would apply equally here. Kettering are many peoples tip to do well this year, but they were there for the taking today. A more proactive and positive manager would've got a result today.

John talked about needing time to gel, an excuse I don't buy, but maybe we should play our best XI and stick with it? We've chopped and changed over the first three games, which doesn't help at all. Are we trying to stumble accross a winning formula? As we don't know our best XI, or how to get the best from this squad?

The squad is there. Goddard, Ekongo, Haworth, Agbor, Lewis and McPhearson didn't feature today. That gives an indication of where we are in terms of the quality of players we have available to now get results.

We have an excellent GK in Platt, three good fullbacks, a good array of midfield talent including Ali, Goddard and Lawton, and three brilliant forwards in Ebanks-Blake, Hughes and Roberts. That spine of a squad is being wasted and held back.

Admittedly we lack centre back options, but that doesn't excuse how poor we've played as a team, how unorganised we look, and how we lack creativity, does it? Three games in and I can recall one save the opposition GK has had to make in those games (Today, when Roberts (who was our best player today) shot and the GK tipped it onto the bar). That's not acceptable given the attacking threat we should pose with the options we have.

We have new owners who care about this club, a good enough squad that's capable of much more than what we're being treated to, we are just one more change away from having a successful club.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 18 Aug 2018, 20:00

piearce9 wrote:
18 Aug 2018, 19:29
A weak performance, both collectively and individually. I won’t comment on the defence as that’s a complete mess. Ahmed Ali had a stinker today, lucky not to see red. Zero link up play in midfield- I have no idea why Goddard is overlooked when we have such a dearth of creativity. Gilpin comes on as a lone winger but hardly gets a touch.

Only positive today was James Roberts, absolutely superb performance from him. Could be lethal at this level if we got our act sorted and started to play to our abilities.
I agree, Roberts was the only positive and there was no cohesion in midfield. Whilst Kettering may end up challenging at the top, we only had a smattering of chances created without any build up. Our defence in the second half resorted generally to pulling them down to stop them.

What happened to Matt Clarke in the second half? I could be wrong but I thought he was there in the first...