Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stalybridge Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 28 Apr 2018, 16:33

Sub: Dallow on for Poscha

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Apr 2018, 17:33

So we finish with a win. We certainly improved after our first goal and the outcome was never in doubt. Lots of discussion about who should and shouldn't be retained for next season, and we have quite a few who have a case, but in my mind a fair bit more quality needs to be found to make next year better than this. But we've survived to fight another year and things are looking far, far rosier than we could ever have imagined just a short while ago. Highlight of the day for me was Karen saying she is in touch with Ace about reinstating the badge!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Happy days indeed.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 28 Apr 2018, 18:12

andy wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 17:33
So we finish with a win. We certainly improved after our first goal and the outcome was never in doubt. Lots of discussion about who should and shouldn't be retained for next season, and we have quite a few who have a case, but in my mind a fair bit more quality needs to be found to make next year better than this. But we've survived to fight another year and things are looking far, far rosier than we could ever have imagined just a short while ago. Highlight of the day for me was Karen saying she is in touch with Ace about reinstating the badge!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Happy days indeed.
Sad news, I like the new badge.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 28 Apr 2018, 18:18

Brilliant news. I hate the new badge. I'll bet a lot more merchandise will be sold if this happens

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Apr 2018, 18:49

Yeltz64 wrote:
28 Apr 2018, 18:18
Brilliant news. I hate the new badge. I'll bet a lot more merchandise will be sold if this happens
A lot more I'm sure. Josh is the only person I speak to that likes the 'party hat'. :D
This for me will be the start of regaining our club. Once Mr Lynch is finally gone also this sad part of our history can be put behind us. We may still need that other major change to put things right 'on' the field but I trust Karen to do that if things don't improve.

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 29 Apr 2018, 12:22

And finally...
Halesowen Town 2 Stalybridge Celtic 0

Goals from super-sub Roland Agbor and Ahmed Ali guided Halesowen to a comfortable victory in a final game meeting of the two teams who finished immediately above the one relegation spot.

Halesowen had the better of the first half but were unable to break the deadlock. Lee Hughes laid the ball off for Dan Byrnes to go close with a deflected 11th minute shot and young visiting goalkeeper Aiden Winterbottom flapped at Jack Kelly’s resulting corner, but his defence tidied up. Midway through the first half Hughes cut in from the left but this time Winterbottom gathered cleanly.

Steve Burr ended his Celtic managerial reign but little was seen from weary Celtic although Jake Charles crossed from the left in the 26th minute and Harrison Holgate blasted the loose ball high over the bar in their ninth game within a fortnight.

Stalybridge struggled to deal with set-pieces all afternoon and Jordan Goddard’s 35th minute corner was helped on by Dan Bragoli to Hughes, but Holgate headed off the line. Another 39th minute corner from Goddard was this time headed on by Kyle Morrison for Hughes to head into the side-netting.

After a slow start to the second period, Hughes handled into the net after Bragoli missed a golden chance to convert Goddard’s 55th minute cross from just a yard out. Ali then stroked inches wide from the edge of the area a minute later.

The Yeltz finally seized a 57th minute lead when Hughes crossed into the danger area and the ball was headed back for AGBOR to control and volley into the bottom corner of Winterbottom’s net. Danger-man Agbor then had his 62nd minute low cross gathered by Winterbottom and forced another corner three minutes later.

ALI powered home a 67th minute header directly from Kelly’s corner to make it 2-0 as the Yeltz started to turn the screw against a tiring Stalybridge. Late on, Agbor fired a 75th minute low shot wide and Charles fired high over the bar for Stalybridge as the players eased to the final whistle to end a difficult season for both clubs.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo (John Oyenuga 74), Jack Kelly, Marcus Poscha (Sam Dallow 80), Kyle Morrison, Asa Charlton, Jordan Goddard, Danny Bragoli (c), Lee Hughes, Ahmed Ali, Dan Byrnes (Roland Agbor 46). Subs Not Used: Bradley Lewis, Tom Parsons.

Stalybridge Celtic: Aiden Winterbottom; Harrison Holgate, Callum Penistone, Danny Morton (c), Luke Ashworth, Elisene Fernandes (Brice Pouamoun 59), Jake Charles, Oliver Roberts, Liam Dickinson, Matthew Wolfenden, Connor Hughes.

Referee: Richard Gardner Attendance: 446
Booked: None
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Halas u-12s MJPL: Ahmed Ali
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Halas W u-10s: Lee Hughes