Re: Ashton Updates

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Apr 2018, 17:44

Unihammer01 wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 10:33
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:18
dalevillain wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 10:56
Also it was no coincidence that with a certain Richard Sneekes controlling things from the touchline that we produced such a positive display. A management duo of Sneekes with Hughes as a player/coach would be one that I and sure a lot of others would welcome.
This is the change I’m hoping for come post season.
Have to disagree to a certain extent. I stood behind the dugout for the second half and heard nothing from them at all. I may be wrong but they were somewhat passive. I don't agree with the "Matt Clarke style", but just thought more was needed.
My main beef is with the final substitution. Taking off Hughes meant we lost an outlet from defence. Also the three down the righthandside didn't seem sure as to who should be doing what, which ultimately led to the the goal.
However, an enjoyable but still frustrating game.
I don’t tend to stand by the dugouts, so can’t comment on the current management, but I’m not a fan of managers constantly shouting foul language at players, it can’t be encouraging for the players.

I think it was a friendly last summer when Hyde was in charge for an away game. I stood behind the dugout for a short while and he was brilliant with the players, constantly encouraging, coaching and motivating the players.

Pity we couldn’t hold on to him.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 16 Apr 2018, 21:12

Why do people want Sneekes as manager? Just purely for the reason that he’s not John Hill??

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 16 Apr 2018, 22:07

No answer yet on the St Lucia flag with HTFC on it. Anyone?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Apr 2018, 13:35

piearce9 wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 21:12
Why do people want Sneekes as manager? Just purely for the reason that he’s not John Hill??
We need a change and my knowledge of non-league managers isn't great.

I know Sneekes likes to play a good style of football. Isn't a better style of football what most of us want to see? We can't keep watching aimless long ball. And no, I'm not expecting Barcelona style passing, but something more watchable would be nice.

I also believe (hope) that should Sneekes be appointed you'd see an increase in attendance due to his cult hero status at Albion - Halesowen is mostly an Albion supporting area so I'd hope his name would bring a few more through the gate.

From memory he didn't do too badly at Rushall, until he left to pursue a career in media. I'm aware he didn't have a good record at Sutton and was sacked. We've improved since he was brought in along with Hughes, so the pair obviously are having a positive impact. Although our upturn in form is most likely due to Hughes' influence on the pitch.

Sneekes and Hughes is a combination I would like to see, and it's something I think would work well. Reading a number of comments on here / social media as well as speaking to a number of fans, I'm not alone on that sentiment.

Edit - He would also know the players, know who he'd like to keep and what area's need improving.

It's not a random inane comment 'because it's anyone but John' - there's some logic to it!
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 17 Apr 2018, 13:51, edited 3 times in total.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Apr 2018, 13:38

andy wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 22:07
No answer yet on the St Lucia flag with HTFC on it. Anyone?
No idea. Have any of the 60ish players who we've played this year got any connection to it?

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 17 Apr 2018, 13:50

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 13:35
piearce9 wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 21:12
We need a change and my knowledge of non-league managers isn't great.

I know Sneekes likes to play a good style of football. Isn't a better style of football what most of us want to see? We can't keep watching aimless long ball. And no, I'm not expecting Barcelona style passing, but something more watchable would be nice.

I also believe (hope) that should Sneekes be appointed you'd see an increase in attendance due to his cult hero status at Albion - Halesowen is mostly an Albion supporting area so I'd hope his name would bring a few more through the gate.

From memory he didn't do too badly at Rushall, until he left to pursue a career in media. I'm aware he didn't have a good record at Sutton and was sacked. We've improved since he was brought in along with Hughes, so the pair obviously are having a positive impact. Although our upturn in form is most likely due to Hughes' influence on the pitch.

Sneekes and Hughes is a combination I would like to see, and it's something I think would work well. Reading a number of comments on here / social media as well as speaking to a number of fans, I'm not alone on that sentiment.
Nail on head there Josh.

I just think it was not a coincidence we produced one of our most positive performances footballing wise on Saturday where JH was not on the bench. Football being played on the ground and less hoof ball was very welcome to see.

I believe we are crying out for a change and have been for a long time. We need to get fans back who have majorly left due to the poor style of football on offer for a long while so why not Sneekes and Hughes.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Apr 2018, 17:10

We definitely did play some half decent stuff on Saturday but John Hill was far from absent- he was sat in the Harry Rudge and no doubt set the team up (and was most likely making the decisions during the game too).

Plus- if the argument is that the team suddenly plays with flair and freedom when John Hill is absent on the touch line....then what happened at Stafford :D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Apr 2018, 17:24

Both teams were shite at Stafford. Or brilliant and cancelled each other out! ;D ;D

Out of interest would you keep John Hill in charge, then?

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 17 Apr 2018, 17:52

We don’t have a choice in the matter at the moment, but we will see what happens in the summer.

What I will say is that I personally think John Hill is a far better manager than what people on here give him credit for, and has a knack of grinding out results under difficult circumstances.

If/When he does leave, I’m fairly sure he will be a good manager for another team at this level.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 17 Apr 2018, 18:27

Only time will tell!

What I will say is if you’re looking for a manager to get you up at the level below and keep you up at this level, I’d recommend John. But I think that’s his ceiling.

We need to move on - but I think Karen will keep him on. I trust her decision as I know now that we are owned (or soon to be owned) by people who care.