Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton Updates

Post by andy » 14 Apr 2018, 16:43

Oyenuga for Hughes

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Apr 2018, 16:51

Living very dangerously. Ashton goal ruled out for offside.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Apr 2018, 16:55

,,,and they equalise at 5 to 5. FT

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Apr 2018, 17:00

andy wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 16:55
Poor.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 14 Apr 2018, 17:46

No, Josh, it wasn't poor - we played well most of the game and rode our luck at times. They were lucky, in my opinion, to get a point but poor it wasn't.
Like some of the horses at Aintree you should remove your blinkers and see things a little clearer.😁

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Apr 2018, 17:48

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 17:00
andy wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 16:55
Poor.
Poor time to concede admittedly, but we were under the cosh for quite a few minutes before that. Overall definitely not poor, created a lot of chances, as did Ashton, and it made for an entertaining game. Both keepers made some fine saves and Asa's goal line clearance was fantastic. We both had goals ruled out and they hit the bar. Good game and in the end probably a fair result.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 14 Apr 2018, 17:53

My ‘poor’ comment wasn’t in relation to the performance but the fact we conceded so late on.

I wasn’t there so can’t judge the performance.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Apr 2018, 21:52

An entertaining game today I thought with both keepers having to earn their money by making saves for their respective teams. The Yeltz goal that was disallowed I believe was the correct decision - they hit the bar - we had a couple of clear chances I think a draw all in all was probably a fair result on the balance of play but of course conceding so late was a kick in the knackers and it made it feel a bit like a loss. Considering we got beat by them a few weeks back 3-0 and they're pushing for a play off place I was expecting a tougher game, but credit where due we made them look fairly ordinary. Now the pressure is off a little it was noticeable how we knocked the ball around well at times. I like Poscha in the holding role, he reads the game well and is calm in possession, at times he gives it away but I like the fact he's trying to play and is happy to travel with the ball. Jack Kelly I thought had a good game today too but thought Ahmed Ali has been different class We're still a long way away from where we should be, but I think we can take heart from today's result and performance, it's a shame we couldn't see the game out to take 3pts. It would be nice to see a number of these players at Halesowen next season with a little more quality, whilst change is called for understandably by many, I also think a degree of continuity on the playing front is important.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Apr 2018, 10:21

RobYeltz wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 21:52
An entertaining game today I thought with both keepers having to earn their money by making saves for their respective teams. The Yeltz goal that was disallowed I believe was the correct decision - they hit the bar - we had a couple of clear chances I think a draw all in all was probably a fair result on the balance of play but of course conceding so late was a kick in the knackers and it made it feel a bit like a loss. Considering we got beat by them a few weeks back 3-0 and they're pushing for a play off place I was expecting a tougher game, but credit where due we made them look fairly ordinary. Now the pressure is off a little it was noticeable how we knocked the ball around well at times. I like Poscha in the holding role, he reads the game well and is calm in possession, at times he gives it away but I like the fact he's trying to play and is happy to travel with the ball. Jack Kelly I thought had a good game today too but thought Ahmed Ali has been different class We're still a long way away from where we should be, but I think we can take heart from today's result and performance, it's a shame we couldn't see the game out to take 3pts. It would be nice to see a number of these players at Halesowen next season with a little more quality, whilst change is called for understandably by many, I also think a degree of continuity on the playing front is important.
We’ve got some good players here and we should be no where near the relegation scrap. But we are and I’m relieved we’re staying up.

I’d like to see the following stay;

Platt
Ekongo
Kelly
Poscha
Goddard
Ali
Hughes
Agbor

That is a good core of players to build a competitive squad, that at this level, should be capable of a play off push given a couple adequate additions.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 15 Apr 2018, 10:56

Great game yesterday and was hard to take conceding in the dying seconds of the game. Not sure where all that injury time came from. It almost seemed like the referee wanted to just carry on playing until they equalised.

At least with us already being safe the result was not costly and you sensed that with the pressure off we were able to play with a bit more freedom and played some really good stuff at times that you wouldn’t have known which team was 3rd in the league.

They are a decent side too but we more than matched them which is a great credit to us and how we played.
Have to agree that on the balance a draw was probably a fair result but still hard to take when you concede at the death.

Also it was no coincidence that with a certain Richard Sneekes controlling things from the touchline that we produced such a positive display. A management duo of Sneekes with Hughes as a player/coach would be one that I and sure a lot of others would welcome.

Another side note was a disappointing attendance of 375 on a day when no Midlands clubs were at home. Think there was a trick missed there in order to entice new fans in, especially when the weather was nice as well.