El Busico

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: El Busico

Post by DJ » 01 Apr 2018, 11:19

Halesowen Town 1 Stourbr*dge 0

A bumper Grove attendance of 1,753 watched Halesowen complete a league derby double over Stourbr*dge with a solitary goal from Ahmed Ali claiming the local bragging rights and effectively ending their relegation worries.

In a robust game of seven yellows and one red card, the Glassboys started more brightly with an early low 4th minute shot from Nicu Carnat collected by Dan Platt. Luke Benbow’s 12th minute snapshot was then kept out by Platt’s shins at the foot of the post after Aaron Forde’s free-kick was helped on by Aaron Hayden.

As the Yeltz settled, Jordan Goddard’s 17th minute corner went just out of play with Lee Hughes lurking at the far post but Goddard then ballooned a good 22nd minute chance over the bar after Danny Bragoli and Ali helped the ball across from the right.

Benbow went close once again for Stourbr*dge in the 23rd minute after making room for himself on the edge of the area, but his low shot rebounded unluckily back off the base of the post.

Glassboys’ goalkeeper Matt Gould made a great save to keep out Ivor Lawton’s header after he met Goddard’s 30th minute free-kick before the Yeltz grabbed the winning goal in a move started and finished by Ali. Captain Paul McCone’s mistake allowed Ali to play a long ball out for Hughes to beat the offside trap and although his low shot was parried by Gould, ALI made up ground to tap home the 37th minute rebound. The goal provoked little response from the Glassboys and it was Goddard who flighted a 42nd minute free-kick wide three minutes before the interval.

After a quiet start to the second period, the Yeltz gradually started to defend more deeply but presented a solid rearguard to thwart any attempt at recovery, restricting Stourbr*dge to just half chances. The task was made more difficult when Stuart Pierpoint was shown a straight red card in the 66th minute for bringing down Lawton on the edge of the area in chasing back after three Glassboys’ defenders conspired to lose the ball in midfield. But the ten men of Stourbr*dge still managed to create chances as Chris Gallagher’s corner 71st struck the crossbar and the home defence cleared the following goalmouth scramble.

Hughes also clipped the visiting crossbar with a 73rd minute cross before Josh Cooke ploughed through the home defence to fire a 20-yard shot just wide of Platt’s post. Danger-man Hughes and substitute Roland Agbor found space to fire further shots over the Stourbr*dge bar.

Stourbr*dge did themselves no favours by being dispossessed once again in the 82nd minute, allowing Hughes to cross for Lawton to head into the arms of Gould and Gould then grabbed Jack Kelly’s curling 84th minute shot. With time running out for Stourbr*dge, Carnat skipped down the right but his 87th minute cross was tipped away for a corner by Platt as the Glassboys continued to face a solid wall of blue.

Halesowen looked ever more likely to grab another goal on the break as Hughes twisted and turned around both his last marker and Gould in the 90th minute, only for McCone to somehow clear with a header off the underside of the bar. In the fifth minute of stoppage time Benbow blazed Stourbr*dge’s last chance wide from within the penalty area.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Bradley Lewis (John Oyenuga 63), Jack Kelly, Marcus Poscha, Kyle Morrison, Asa Charlton, Ivor Lawton (Lee Knight 89), Danny Bragoli (c), Lee Hughes, Ahmed Ali, Jordan Goddard (Roland Agbor 75). Subs Not Used: Daniel Byrnes, Tom Parsons.

Stourbr*dge: Matt Gould; Aaron Hayden, Darryl Westlake, Paul McCone (c), Stuart Pierpoint, Aaron Forde (Josh Cooke 59), Chris Gallagher (Luke Shearer 75), Leon Broadhurst, Luke Benbow, Bradley Birch (Tom Tonks 82), Nicholae Carnat. Subs Not Used: Aris Christophorou, Peter Hawk.

Referee: Darren Wilding Attendance: 1,753
Booked: Bragoli (32), Hayden (34), Lewis (56), Carnat (79), Birch (80), Charlton (90), Forde (90)
Sent Off: Pierpoint (66)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Ace Embroidery: Danny Bragoli
‘Non-League Paper’ Man of the Match: Lee Hughes

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 01 Apr 2018, 13:35

Still buzzing from yesterday’s win. Not the greatest of No.9 derbies as a spectacle but another great win and a memorable day helped by a fantastic atmosphere.

I said before the game, i’m not JH’s biggest fan and personally think his time here should have been up a while ago, but there is no doubt he gets the players fired up for this game. Every time we have played Stourbr*dge we’ve always put in a good performance even if we have lost so credit where it’s due again for doing a job on them again.

Also special mention to Lee Hughes who imo should have been MOTM, he was brilliant - wound them up a treat, was a constant nuisance and just his presence seemed to lift the players. Shame he didn’t score as his performance certainly warranted a goal.

On a final note, shame that there was another incidence of trouble at the end from the young Stour chavs who sadly don’t do their club any favours. On the whole though most were well behaved.

Ponski
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Ponski » 01 Apr 2018, 14:01

Well as neither a Halesowen or Stourbr-dge supporter...(Dont know why you all seem to miss out the letter "i" but out of respect I followed suit lol) I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the game. By "game" I mean what I saw on the pitch, not from the Jeremy Kyle cast offs that seem to have turned up from the West. Never mind, its school on Tuesday and as I doubt any of them actually go to school, we can all go about our day, safe in the knowledge they are all back hanging around their local chip shop or back in the pond pretending to be rappers and gangsters....bless them all.

Lee hughes was superb and probably should have been given "MOTM" although it would have been a very obvious choice given his footballing history, I think hes big enough to understand that the guy who got it, got it for the right reasons.

Thank you all for a great day, I hope to come back soon.

p.s can you get some more enamel badges sorted as I wanted one for my collection and why are you called "Yeltz"???
A supporter of Alvechurch FC and all none league football.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 01 Apr 2018, 14:18

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 09:29
venki wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 09:14
As an aside, does anyone know why Ekongo wasn't in the squad?

Heard he was at a wedding. I was disappointed to see he wasn’t in the squad as he’s been excellent for us.
Sister's wedding so I was told.

venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by venki » 01 Apr 2018, 21:24

Glad Enok hasn't left us or got an injury. He's one of the better players I've seen this season.

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 01 Apr 2018, 22:50

Great result, and we'll done the staff for an excellent days work (2 days?), it was brilliant.

Down side for me was Tom Tonks being rude to Karen after the game.

Shows what a prick the bloke is. He has no dignity or grace, a complete arsehole who bottled it at a higher level.

Tom Tonks, you are a bully to women and a complete and utter wanker.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 01 Apr 2018, 23:59

Spooky wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 22:50
Great result, and we'll done the staff for an excellent days work (2 days?), it was brilliant.

Shows what a prick the bloke is. He has no dignity or grace, a complete arsehole who bottled it at a higher level.

Spot on

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 02 Apr 2018, 09:05

Spooky wrote:
01 Apr 2018, 22:50

Stop messing about Spooky, and say what you think ;)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Apr 2018, 22:14

So, has there been an outcome re the fence, flare and the general yobbishness of the minority of Stourbr*dge fans from either of the clubs, the league or the FA?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 27 Apr 2018, 23:52

andy wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 22:14
So, has there been an outcome re the fence, flare and the general yobbishness of the minority of Stourbr*dge fans from either of the clubs, the league or the FA?
Did we as a club report anything to the FA?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz