Altrincham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Altrincham Updates

Post by piearce9 » 24 Mar 2018, 23:50

A miserable watch today.

I get the impression that the plan was to sit deep and frustrate, and then play on the break with the two big men (maybe why Goddard was overlooked). However Alty were way too good. Creative, confident and solid at the back.

Think we just need to quickly move on. It’s a massive week for us and Sutton (who are playing Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday). I think Sutton have got kinder fixtures in the run-in, so it’s all cup finals from here.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 25 Mar 2018, 00:28

piearce9 wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 23:50
A miserable watch today.

I get the impression that the plan was to sit deep and frustrate, and then play on the break with the two big men (maybe why Goddard was overlooked). However Alty were way too good. Creative, confident and solid at the back.

Think we just need to quickly move on. It’s a massive week for us and Sutton (who are playing Monday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday). I think Sutton have got kinder fixtures in the run-in, so it’s all cup finals from here.
I simply get the impression there is no plan...At worst, against a team like Altrincham, I’d expect 4 men in a back four and then a five man midfield making it hard for the opposition. Let’s get a draw first and foremost! This didn’t happen. Their two goals were far too easy. The two banks of four were too far apart. Our forwards were (as per) too isolated. Awful management, let’s be brutal. What are you playing at??

Second option is that we attack them. Notwithstanding a few pointless pot shots at goal I can’t recall us threatening the opposition...poor management!

I accept we were playing a good side but the tactics are neither here or there, are they?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 25 Mar 2018, 11:57

Halesowen Town 0 Altrincham 2

Altrincham returned to winning ways with two first-half goals keeping Halesowen’s relegation worries alive.

Prior to the kick-off a minute’s silence was held in remembrance of both Vice President Bob Tromans and former main sponsor David Berry. The club also hosted members of the 1980s Wembley squads to mark 35 years since the first FA Vase Final appearance in 1983.

The league leaders were fast out of the blocks on their first ever visit to the Grove as a 2nd minute corner was scrambled clear. Home goalkeeper Dan Platt saved from Jordan Hulme following another 5th minute corner and Enock Ekongo cleared off the line two minutes later. Ben Harrison then struck the side-netting at the far post from a third corner in the 9th minute.

The Robins finally made their early pressure pay in the 11th minute when John Johnston sliced straight through the home defence allowing HULME to lash the ball into the roof of the net. Jack Moult drove wide from 25 yards after 16 minutes with Alty firmly in control.

Halesowen gradually battled back into the game and forced their first corner after 20 minutes. A 26th minute shot from Ekongo was blocked and Danny Bragoli’s long range free-kick was collected by goalkeeper Timothy Deasy in the 29th minute. But the Robins continued to cause danger as a 34th minute shot from Simon Richman from 25 yards fell inches wide. Deasy then blocked Lee Hughes at a wide angle to give Halesowen a 35th minute corner.

Altrincham doubled their lead in the 39th minute with another neat move when Hulme held up the ball and set up RICHMAN to side-step his defender and beat Platt with a low shot. Just before the interval a corner from Johnston flashed across the Yeltz goal, but a final touch was lacking.

There were fewer chances in the second period with the points already heading to Altrincham. Home goalkeeper Platt saved low down from Richman in the 50th minute and Asa Charlton made a great last-ditch challenge on Hulme five minutes later.

The game ended more positively for Halesowen as Moult made a good 58th minute clearance to keep out a Hughes header and Hughes then turned to fire just wide after substitute Roland Agbor did well in the 76th minute. Substitute Jordan Goddard fired an 82nd minute free-kick into the Alty defensive wall from the edge of the area as the Yeltz applied some decent late pressure. Another 87th minute free-kick from Goddard was pushed away by Deasy and a last minute cross from Hughes was hacked away with Deasy then punching away the resulting corner from substitute Jack Kelly.

In between these chances, the visitors almost added a third goal in the 85th minute when Johnston was clear on goal but Platt did well to save with his legs.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo, Kyle Morrison, Ali Ahmed, Marcus Poscha, Asa Charlton, Ivor Lawton, Danny Bragoli (c) (Jordan Goddard 78), Lee Hughes, Lee Knight (Roland Agbor 62), Bradley Lewis (Jack Kelly 62). Subs Not Used: Kevin Da Veiga Monteiro, Myles Arnold.

Altrincham: Timothy Deasy; Shaun Densmore, Andrew White, Thomas Hannigan (James Jones 31), Ben Harrison, Jake Moult (c), John Johnston, Simon Richman, Jordan Hulme, James Poole, Joshua Hancock (Max Harrop 80). Subs Not Used: Thomas Peers, Christopher Merrie, Sam Heathcote.

Referee: Scott Tallis Attendance: 565
Booked: None
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Netherton Colts East: Enock Ekongo