Rushall Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Rushall Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Feb 2018, 19:06

Three much needed - and deserved points!
Some good football played and great running by the two new lads.
Deserved MOtM for Myles Arnold.
Also, a unanimous points decision for our manager in his elimination bout for the NPL Touchline Championship!
A noticeable buzz of optimism at The Grove, today, after last night's great news from Karen Brookes. Great to see the lady chatting to fans and being very forthcoming in divulging as much detail as possible re: the new ownership situation.
A good feeling leaving the ground and, to all fans : "we aren't down and out yet!" The Great Escape is on!

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 10 Feb 2018, 19:28

Great result today, and equally great atmosphere. A real positive buzz around the place.

I thought we played some decent football at times and if we can continue to play like that for the remaining games then we have hope.

Handbags aside, a positive day all round ;D

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 10 Feb 2018, 20:50

Sounded like an interesting match, both on and off the pitch.

Pleased we won - we needed that win.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

JayTwiggy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JayTwiggy » 10 Feb 2018, 22:19

What a massive 3 points.

Monteiro, Knight, Arnold & Platt the stand outs for me, can’t take anything away from the rest of the lads though. Seems Platt has been working on his distribution as it was so much better than I’ve previously seen.

To get the negatives out the way, still far too much long ball when it was 11v11, we need to calm down and pass the ball a bit. One thing I will say is they seemed to have a fair few players who were intent on bullying their way around the pitch, in particular number 5, he fired every name under the sun at the linesman and then had the audacity to threaten one of our fans gesturing that he’d see him after the final whistle only to then go and cuddle his teammates, do a little dance and walk with his head down all the way to the tunnel. A disgrace to football. In regard to the handbags, I only saw the retaliation from JH, which from my perspective seemed unforgivable but I don’t know what provoked him, so probably not fair of me to say.

Perfect timing to make the announcement last night, and the atmosphere seemed instantly changed, great to see so many people there too. Can’t remember many atmospheres like that in the shed recently, hope it continues!

I think we really deserved the win and played some good stuff in the second half, can’t deny the players gave their all and showed they were passionate at the end. That’s all we’ve been asking for and feels like it’s been a long time coming, an unbelieveable weekend for The Yeltz and one that seemed so far away this time last week.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 10 Feb 2018, 23:53

What I'd add is Jack Kelly,s delivery from corners was superb today. Haven't seen anything like that since the 80,s when joke city had a player who's name escapes me used to cause havoc. Maybe our chairman of vice could break forum silence and enlighten us.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 11 Feb 2018, 10:40

Paul Maguire corner, Brendan O'Callaghan flick on for Georgie Berry to nod home O0

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 11 Feb 2018, 10:57

Halesowen Town 2 Rushall Olympic 0

Halesowen eased away from the base of the table in a fractious local derby of eight yellow and two red cards. The much needed first win in six games brought a sense of relief to the Grove faithful, already palpably boosted by the breaking news of an imminent club takeover.

But the Pics had the better of the early chances with Dan Waldron and Andre Landell going close in the opening couple of minutes. Ex-Yeltz defender Joe Hull then headed a corner wide and Simone Maye curled wide from the edge of the area after 12 minutes.

As Halesowen settled, Jordan Goddard went mightily close when his 25 yard shot was tipped over the bar for a corner by Rushall’s on-loan Port Vale goalkeeper Joe Slinn after 14 minutes. New on-loan strike duo Lee Knight and William Longbottom added extra threat up front and Asa Charlton headed a 22nd minute corner over the bar following good work from Knight.

The Yeltz worked another good chance in the 31st minute when Myles Arnold was put through and he created space for himself, only for Slinn to make a great save by turning the fierce shot away for a corner.

The game’s major flashpoint came after 40 minutes when Rushall forward Richard Brodie tussled on the touchline with Yeltz manager John Hill and his assistant Matt Clarke then became involved before a mass brawl broke out. After the situation settled, John Hill was sent from the dug-out and Brodie was also red-carded, reducing Rushall to ten men.

Halesowen soon took advantage by taking the lead in the first minute of the second half when Rushall goalkeeper Slinn could only push away Goddard’s 25 yard shot and KNIGHT marked his Yeltz debut by converting the rebound. Platt made a fine one-handed 51st minute low save from Waldron down the left to keep the lead intact before the home side went close again as Charlton’s fine right-wing cross just evaded Jack Kelly at the far post.

Rushall’s ten men picked up a string of further bookings early in the second period as they struggled to keep their composure and home captain Danny Bragoli hit a 25 yard shot straight at Slinn after an hour. KELLY then doubled Halesowen’s lead directly from a 65th minute right-wing corner with Slinn under challenge from both Charlton and Bragoli.

As the Pics tried to recover, Hull’s 71st shot was deflected away for a corner, although it was Slinn who had to show safe hands as Kelly whipped in another dangerous 76th minute Halesowen corner. Rushall’s miserable afternoon was summed up as Hull could only strike the outside of the post in the 86th minute from a good position in the centre of the penalty area.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Enock Ekongo, Jack Kelly, Jordan Goddard, Kyle Morrison, Asa Charlton, Myles Arnold, Danny Bragoli (c), Lee Knight, Kevin Da Veiga Monteiro, William Longbottom (Mo Diop 79). Subs Not Used: Spencer Weir-Daley, Roland Agbor, Tom Parsons.

Rushall Olympic: Joe Slinn; Joe Hull, Brian Smikle, Joshua Hawker (Joshua Sarmento 80), Michael Townsend (c), Sam Whittall, Andre Landell (Joshua Webb 62), Simone Maye, Richard Brodie, Daniel Dubidat (Lewis Archer 62), Daniel Waldron. Subs Not Used: AJ Adelekan, Gurjit Singh.

Referee: Mark Howes Attendance: 420
Booked: Dubidat (43), Smikle (48), Hull (52), Townsend (55), Maye (73), Monteiro (75), Morrison (77), Bragoli (87)
Sent Off: John Hill - Manager (43), Brodie (43)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by Ace Embroidery: Myles Arnold

blueandwhitealright
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by blueandwhitealright » 11 Feb 2018, 16:16

This was Non League football at it`s finest...the Neanderthals from Cannock against the silky skills of the locals of Halesowen ( is Doncaster local ? ) . A well deserved win and all is not yet lost ( unlike my beloved Baggies ).
I was lucky enough to sit in the Harry Rudge stand within earshot of the Rushall officials suited and booted in 1990`s football commitee attire of grey staypress trousers , faux leather blousons and black patent leather shoes ( dinkied of course ).
They were the most entertaining bunch of buffoons I have ever heard with such original cries of " have you got a blue shirt on ref ? " and " worst ref we`ve ever had ! " . Priceless.
Whatever the opinion of John Hill`s management skills no one can doubt his commitment to the cause. In the second half he snuck down the corner of the Harry Rudge stand at the Stourbr*dge Road end and gave very vocal instructions from there . The linesman pretended not to notice him having seen his right hook in action earlier on.
A positive day allround .

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 11 Feb 2018, 23:07

Very disappointed no footage of the sending off on Yeltz TV.

Did it really happen?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Feb 2018, 08:24

During the second half Rushall's sent off player, Brodie, was by the YeltzTV tower asking if the incident was on film.
Seemed to want to have a go at supporters around that area as well.
Probably been edited out!