Mickleover Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover Updates

Post by andy » 27 Dec 2017, 22:01

Am I right in assuming the Jermaine Palmer that played against us yesterday was the one that played for us 10 years ago. Wikipedia has only got him updated to 2014 with about 500 clubs behind him.... ::)

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 28 Dec 2017, 18:32

piearce9 wrote:
27 Dec 2017, 08:39
One for our wonderful stats boffins....

When was the last time we had two players sent off in the same game? I can’t recall it happening before, certainly not under John Hill. ???
Oddly, I can't remember the Yeltz having two red cards in the same game before, although I recall reporting on matches with the opposition reduced to nine men on six occasions:

F. A. Cup 2nd Qualifying Round – Saturday, 27th September, 2003
Spalding Utd 1 Halesowen Town 2
The Yeltz played their “get out of jail” card to progress into the 3rd qualifying round and take their FA Cup prize money to the £7,000 mark on the same ground that they won promotion to the Southern Premier League back in 1990. But the result masked a poor performance from the Yeltz who had to rely on Spalding being reduced to nine men by two red cards before pulling a last-gasp winner out of the bag.

FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Replay – Tuesday, 6th December 2005
Halesowen Town 3 Sutton Coldfield Town 0
Halesowen booked an attractive tie against Conference giant-killers Tamworth in the next round after riding their early luck to record a flattering scoreline. The Royals dominated the first half but failed to take advantage of a string of good chances and finally succumbed after being reduced to nine men in the latter stages.

F.A. Cup 1st Qualifying Round – Saturday, 16th September 2006
AFC Telford United 2 Halesowen Town 4
Matt Lewis struck four goals to stake a huge claim for the F.A. Player of the Round and boost Halesowen into the next round in a quite extra-ordinary afternoon at the New Bucks Head to end Telford’s long unbeaten run. Quite simply this was one of those incredible games that will be remembered for many years with Telford reduced to nine men before half-time and a total of three red cards and two penalties to add to the six goals.

British Gas Business Football League Premier Division – Saturday, 15th November 2008
Hitchin Town 0 Halesowen Town 1
Halesowen Town returned to winning ways in the league with a narrow victory against 9 man Hitchin at Pilot Field.

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Wednesday, 14th April 2010
Swindon Supermarine 1 Halesowen Town 2
Two more goals from the league’s leading goalscorer Stefan Moore eased Halesowen to victory with Swindon’s misery compounded by two red cards as the home side finished with nine men.

Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division - Saturday, 20th December 2014
Halesowen Town 2 Skelmersdale United 0
Two early goals from defender Joel Kettle kept Halesowen's season on the boil against the league leaders who were later reduced to nine men by two red cards in an ill-tempered second half.

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 28 Dec 2017, 22:40

DJ, Sir, you are an oracle of knowledge.

Wonderful stuff ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 29 Dec 2017, 13:11

I can remember another one from the '90s (probably) when we beat Atherstone (possibly) and the ref gave us a penalty and sent one of theirs off twice.
Or something like that.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Dec 2017, 13:27

DJ wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 18:32
piearce9 wrote:
27 Dec 2017, 08:39
One for our wonderful stats boffins....

When was the last time we had two players sent off in the same game? I can’t recall it happening before, certainly not under John Hill. ???
Oddly, I can't remember the Yeltz having two red cards in the same game before, although I recall reporting on matches with the opposition reduced to nine men on six occasions:

F. A. Cup 2nd Qualifying Round – Saturday, 27th September, 2003
Spalding Utd 1 Halesowen Town 2
The Yeltz played their “get out of jail” card to progress into the 3rd qualifying round and take their FA Cup prize money to the £7,000 mark on the same ground that they won promotion to the Southern Premier League back in 1990. But the result masked a poor performance from the Yeltz who had to rely on Spalding being reduced to nine men by two red cards before pulling a last-gasp winner out of the bag.

FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round Replay – Tuesday, 6th December 2005
Halesowen Town 3 Sutton Coldfield Town 0
Halesowen booked an attractive tie against Conference giant-killers Tamworth in the next round after riding their early luck to record a flattering scoreline. The Royals dominated the first half but failed to take advantage of a string of good chances and finally succumbed after being reduced to nine men in the latter stages.

F.A. Cup 1st Qualifying Round – Saturday, 16th September 2006
AFC Telford United 2 Halesowen Town 4
Matt Lewis struck four goals to stake a huge claim for the F.A. Player of the Round and boost Halesowen into the next round in a quite extra-ordinary afternoon at the New Bucks Head to end Telford’s long unbeaten run. Quite simply this was one of those incredible games that will be remembered for many years with Telford reduced to nine men before half-time and a total of three red cards and two penalties to add to the six goals.

British Gas Business Football League Premier Division – Saturday, 15th November 2008
Hitchin Town 0 Halesowen Town 1
Halesowen Town returned to winning ways in the league with a narrow victory against 9 man Hitchin at Pilot Field.

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Wednesday, 14th April 2010
Swindon Supermarine 1 Halesowen Town 2
Two more goals from the league’s leading goalscorer Stefan Moore eased Halesowen to victory with Swindon’s misery compounded by two red cards as the home side finished with nine men.

Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division - Saturday, 20th December 2014
Halesowen Town 2 Skelmersdale United 0
Two early goals from defender Joel Kettle kept Halesowen's season on the boil against the league leaders who were later reduced to nine men by two red cards in an ill-tempered second half.
That's fantastic knowledge, enjoyed reading that, thanks.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 29 Dec 2017, 17:20

Point of order - you either played Hitchin at TOP Field, or at Pilot Field against HASTINGS.

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 29 Dec 2017, 17:28

Telford away in the F A cup 11th September 1993 My birthday we had Shane Abell and Richard Massey sent off.
They had two sent off as well and we lost 4 0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Dec 2017, 18:29

Dazzie76 wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 17:28
Telford away in the F A cup 11th September 1993 My birthday we had Shane Abell and Richard Massey sent off.
They had two sent off as well and we lost 4 0
I had that game ticking over in my head as well. Couldn't remember the exact details though. Well done sir!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Dec 2017, 18:32

YeltzDoc wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 13:11
I can remember another one from the '90s (probably) when we beat Atherstone (possibly) and the ref gave us a penalty and sent one of theirs off twice.
Or something like that.
There's nothing like detail and that sure as hell ain't nothing like detail. ::) ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Dec 2017, 18:34

andy wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 18:32
YeltzDoc wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 13:11
Or something like that.
There's nothing like detail and that sure as hell ain't nothing like detail. ::) ;D
.....though I have to say, like Quasimodo, it does ring a bell.