Tivvy Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tivvy Updates

Post by CRH Yeltz » 12 Nov 2011, 21:49

Well, my prediction of 3-2 to us was a mile off. Disappointed today especially as we had a better crowd than of late in.

Defence - Two terrible goals to give away, they aren't talking enough and one of the CB's needs to lead the others. Nothing more to add to what has already been said elsewhere.

Midfield - More worrying for me, one of the three in the middle needs to sit deeper and break up play and they're giving the ball away too cheaply and often. The other two need to be more available when we are pushing forward. I'm beginning to feel that Bruce, Saunders and McGrath are too similar for all three to play. IMHO the priority for Shaun is a defensive midfielder. This would also take a bit of pressure off the back 4 too.

Attack - Chilton and Nisbett are both more than capable at this level but aren't getting the service they need to hurt teams. Case in point was that Nisbett was hardly involved in the first half and when he did get the ball, we scored. Nav is also doing well under the same circumstances, holds the ball up well and brings others in but again needs support. All of our front 3 have goals in them but if they aren't getting the ball, then we're going to struggle to score.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Nov 2011, 08:34

The honeymoon is over!

After today’s performance I think that we have to get away from the “we’re just glad that we have a team to watch” attitude and actually look at the team that represents HTFC.
Saturday afternoon, for me at least, is to go to The Grove and enjoy myself watching a reasonable standard of football. What we have been served up so far is, to be truthful, pretty awful! No tactical awareness and a patent lack of the basic skills required at any level of football.
Apart from Paul Evans in goal, who is playing out of his skin, we only have three outfield players who have any self-confidence in their ability to do something positive when they have the ball: Justin Nisbett, Naveed Arshad and Lee Chilton. The rest just aimlessly hoof the ball anywhere, especially in a sideways direction. The midfielders play so closely together that you’d think that they were joined at the hip! I’m afraid that the finger has to be pointed at the coaching side and that means primarily the manager. He sees this sort of performance each week and if he thinks that it is OK, then I feel that there has to be a long hard look at the tactical side of things.
When some of the diehards are questioning whether it is worth coming, then there is a serious problem which must be addressed. Yes, we have a very limited budget and can only attract players of certain ability, but accepting that that is how it has to be is not satisfactory. There has to be a change in tactics – and quickly – or the inevitable and the unthinkable will be just around the corner.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 13 Nov 2011, 09:19

Shocking!

Most of our players appeared to think the ball is a ticking bomb and didn't care where it went as long as they didn't have it!

Tivvy aren't very good, we were worse, nuff said.

Positives? better crowd, nice to see the Colts being involved and I managed to bag the last Caffreys from the bar!

yeltzdan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzdan » 13 Nov 2011, 09:26

Well said Lutley. As much as people might not want to address it there is one painful conclusion to draw from this season: we are just as bad as we were last year. The work that's gone on off the pitch is incredible but nothing has happened on it. It's not about the budget either, we've already got a core of players who can do well in this league (we've also got one or two disasters mind you). What we also appear to have is a manager who persists with tactics that don't work and and who appears to think it's ok to carry on hoofing the ball up to a small striker while his two most creative players stand on the wing trying to remember what the ball looks like. It might be an idea if he tells the midfielders that they are allowed to pass forward as well. Perhaps he might do better if he stopped taking offence when members of the crowd legitimately object to what they've paid £8 to watch or if he didn't tell the ref to "not speak to me like that" seconds after giving him a mouthful.
It may be heresy to some but the more of this rubbish I watch the more I wonder what Matt Clarke is up to these days...

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 13 Nov 2011, 09:53

yeltzdan wrote: It may be heresy to some but the more of this rubbish I watch the more I wonder what Matt Clarke is up to these days...
Probably not managing a side earning £3k + a week that's for sure.......................

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 13 Nov 2011, 11:58

Kieran, Matt's No.2 when at The Grove, was there yesterday.

yeltzdan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by yeltzdan » 13 Nov 2011, 11:59

http://www.stourportswiftsfc.co.uk/Team/

Maybe seeing him on Boxing Day at home....
Shame we don't see him every game. In our dugout.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 13 Nov 2011, 12:08

More from the Stourport website where Matt Clarke is shown as having been playing and captain:
12 Oct
On the stroke of half time, both sides were reduced to ten men when home skipper Arron Parkinson lunged into a tackle on Stourport captain Matt Clarke, who responded by swinging a punch at his opponent; the referee was given no option but to dismiss both players.

26 Oct
Experienced defender Matt Clarke has been added to Swifts’ injury list after sustaining a knee ligament problem last week.
With Clarke looking to get back onto the management scene it had been rumoured this could well bring an end to his playing days.
Brown though was not looking too far ahead about the future of one of his most experienced defenders.
He said: “Matt has done something to his cartilage in his knee.
“I know he is coming to the end of his playing days, but we are just waiting for him to get a scan before he decides what he is going to do.”

Dennis Pierce is listed as their Coach.

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 14 Nov 2011, 09:54

Agree with Lutley and Yeltz Dan. More dire football and standards on Saturday and almost purgatory to watch. Even when one of the midfielders 'burst' forward (and I use the expression with some exaggeration), they then forgot what to do next, or seemed incapable of doing it. It was refreshing to see a young Tivvy winger who had pace and was not afraid to attack and they got the ball to him. Surely oh surely there are some players like that round here?. With the same tactics as the past few matches, apart from when Nesbit was moved inside during the second half, no wonder that teams know how to play against us. Not sure their keeper had a save of note to make in the second half. The die-hards really are on the teams side but we would all be better than saints if we didn't vent our frustration at times. Only the 4 players mentioned before are currently worth a team place and worth paying to watch. First real signs of discontent on the terraces on Saturday and rightly so. Something needs to change.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Nov 2011, 17:57

HalesowenHarry wrote:
yeltzdan wrote:
Probably not managing a side earning £3k + a week that's for sure.......................
Halesowen Harry, are you saying our current squad are on £3k+ a week or the when Matt Clarke was last our manager under Messers Ingrams?

I have tried to calm down before i post my reaction to Saturday and the last few matches.

Unfortunately, Shaun does not appear to see the weakness in his tactics we are all seeing from the touchline.
He has had a budget since the start of this season (no matter what value) and his choices and tactics are not working. He does not seem to be changing anything.

When the only sub he brings on is Nathan Jackson who offers a game absolutely nothing, we have no chance.

I know Shaun worked miracles last season in getting 11 bodies on the pitch for several games without wages and we owe him gratitude but this most not allow blind loyalty.

I think if we are going to salvage anything and avoid a relegation battle this season Shaun needs to go and take Mr Jackson with him.