El Busico

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: El Busico

Post by Wheels » 19 Sep 2016, 23:04

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Wheels wrote:Quite disappointing to lose a two-goal lead but in the end as John says above at least we didn't lose and plenty of positives to take going forward. They didn't seem to me from where I was too much doubt about the penalty will be interesting to see it again. I was surprised I must admit that Jordan Godard was taken off as I feel we lost something in the midfield after he was substituted. But in the end it's a good point as I say.
I thought taking Goddard was a shocking sub. I fully expect to hear he had a knock. It couldn't have been tactical.

I just fail to see after being 2-0 up how it can be seen as a go od point. Especially as we were so dominant.
I agree re the result but a point is better than nothing as regards the sub yes you would have thought so although maybe it was felt that he was feeling the pace which is why the substitution was made.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 19 Sep 2016, 23:16

Final thought from me thanks for the clarification about Silva by the way. I felt some of Platts saves in the 2nd half were outstanding so much so that the Stourbr*dge supporters by me suggested that they may like to sign him!

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 19 Sep 2016, 23:20

Cracking start by us to go 2-0 up inside 7 minutes. Then we could have had a 3rd pretty much straight after which I think would have killed the game and knocked the stuffing out of Stourbr*dge. We played some excellent football the first half hour, playing on the ground believe it or not, so much more effective and were playing them off the park.

Then the penalty was the game changer for me, would be interested to see if it was a penalty looked a good clean tackle to me. Hopefully watching the highlights on Yeltz TV tomorrow will clear it up.

Then 2nd half was all them, we seemed to run out of ideas and resulted in playing our typical goof ball. Inevitably they got the equaliser and looked dead certs to get the winner but for some great defending and some top class saves from Platty to keep us in it.

Funnily enough the change of Goddard coming off and Delaney coming on which I was quick to criticise at the time actually paid off as I think then we weathered the storm and was able to see the game out.

Yes, disappointed that we couldn't carry on the excellent football from the opening period into the 2nd half and we let them back into it but we sure as hell would have taken a point before the game and based on the 2nd half I don't think it's a bad result tbh.

Side note - cracking game overall and brilliant atmosphere, 1,500 on a Monday night was certainly something special, controversial but I actually found the atmosphere better being a night game under the floodlights than the traditional Bank Holiday fixture. Perhaps it wasn't such a bad idea being on a school night after all.....

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 19 Sep 2016, 23:22

dalevillain wrote:Then the penalty was the game changer for me, would be interested to see if it was a penalty looked a good clean tackle to me. Hopefully watching the highlights on Yeltz TV tomorrow will clear it up.
Said on the previous page, a quick look through the footage and I don't think it was a penalty. Will need to see it slowed down etc though to fully decide. Highlights will be online at some point tomorrow!
Yeltz TV

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 20 Sep 2016, 09:39

If that was a penalty then I'm Dutchref from Deventer :-)

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 20 Sep 2016, 19:20

Photos from #ElBusico are now available:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/halesowen ... 2965170242

CRH

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Sep 2016, 22:11

Yeltz TV

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 20 Sep 2016, 23:00

Great highlights lads from what was a great game despite the disappointment of us blowing a 2 goal lead.

I think the highlights categorically confirm it was never a penalty which we were pretty much sure of last night!