Workington Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Workington Updates

Post by juanillo » 10 Sep 2016, 17:22

That was the most entertaining game I've seen in a long time. Both teams played their part. We played very well in the first half albeit assisted by defensive blunders.

In the second half they really threw everything at us although we were dangerous on the break.
Platt made a great save to preserve the lead near the end.
Plus points: entertainment, a much needed win, Anderson, Goddard and a stalwart defence to hold out.
Minus points : the midfield in the second half

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Sep 2016, 17:28

Im happy. We've had shots and scored goals. We shot at goal and we've scored. How about that?

Anderson is another level! Goddard is a brilliant addition.

Today proves that we've got the squad and players to compete with the best this league has to offer.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Sep 2016, 17:39

Enjoyed that!! Haven't said that this season. Sheer effort and trying to play they game the right way deservedly saw us over the line. Admittedly had they not gifted us a couple of goals and missed quite a few themselves it may have been a different story, but we DESERVED our luck today. And what a save from Platt in injury time. Now we've seen it can be done, lets carry it forward into the upcoming games. Well done lads!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Sep 2016, 17:46

PS have to agree with everything juanillo said apart from reference to the midfield in the second half. I though they played very well considering the pressure we were under. They helped the defence out magnificently and set us on some productive counter attacks and got in a lot of important tackles. Maybe I've just got my rose tinted glasses on today. ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Sep 2016, 17:50

PPS After many years of superb weather forecasting at our games, Ken threatened to beat me up today because his cap got a bit of drizzle on it. Shocking.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 10 Sep 2016, 18:33

Great game, great performance. Whoever found Goddard needs a pat on the back because he has been exceptional in his first two games. Attacking options looking good now as Chilton offers a constant threat, it's just a huge shame that APS is out as he would offer a real balance down the other flank. Lots of good passing and movement in the final third and plenty of chances.

On a slight aside, anyone see that Bromsgrove won 13-0 today? :o

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 11 Sep 2016, 13:05

Photos from Halesowen Town vs Workington are now available:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/halesowen ... 0436129394

CRH

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 11 Sep 2016, 13:07

Highlights from yesterdays game, courtesy of the great work of Yeltz TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnHua4C ... e=youtu.be

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 13 Sep 2016, 10:07

Amazing to see only a few positive posts after Saturday's performance against a side who have been up there in the mix the past few seasons.

None of the doom and gloom merchants that appear in every thread we lose must have been there.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Sep 2016, 18:53

yeltz85 wrote:Amazing to see only a few positive posts after Saturday's performance against a side who have been up there in the mix the past few seasons.

None of the doom and gloom merchants that appear in every thread we lose must have been there.
I'd have had a job being there bearing in mind I was playing in Ripon on Saturday. From what I heard it was the most excitement there had been at the Grove for a long time