Hednesford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hednesford Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 30 Aug 2016, 10:51

sprout wrote: Players not being fit??? I guess JH is to blame for APS's knee as well?
I don't mean fitness in terms of injuries. I mean fitness as in they are blowing after 50 minutes type fitness, not being mobile enough etc

And regarding the viable options, imo things can't get much worse footballing wise than it is. We don't even bother with the big ball over the top anymore for somebody to run on to. Against Blyth and Hednesford we've had about 4 chances in the two games combined. It isn't football we are paying to watch

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 30 Aug 2016, 11:23

Correct Chas. North/South formed in 2004. :)

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 30 Aug 2016, 12:10

I think we have played against 2 good teams at home in the last 2 matches. But then we played against some good teams last year and know that the league is full of them. The concern is that I cant remember ever having been so out-played and out-thought and let's be honest, if Blyth and Hednesford hadn't eased off, we could have lost by cricket scores. Agreeing with other comments about the midfield, if it is not strong enough ( and I dont think it has been for 2 seasons) I guess this lends itself to more pressure on the defence, lack of opportunities in attack and a poor standard of football. If i had some spare dosh, I would be trying to persuade players currently only getting occasional subs opportunities, like Jon Adams, Sean Geddis etc to come and help. You could see how the opposition number 8 (ex Worcester?) controlled the game yesterday - we dont seem to have anyone like that.
Constructive therapy over. See you all on Saturday!

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 30 Aug 2016, 13:07

Yeltz TV