Hednesford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hednesford Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 29 Aug 2016, 20:03

sprout wrote:So before we blame the management do we know where our budget sits comparative to others?? Is ours the same as last year?? Are other clubs on increased budgets - I sure as hell don't know the answer but this is potentially a huge factor.

I do however agree that something needs to change fast, and preferably before Saturday
But the budget doesn't explain why John Hill didn't play Maradona does it? Or why he didn't play, and eventually got rid of Chris Lait when he had him. The budget doesn't explain why the players aren't fit. Fitness has absolutely nothing to do with the budget as I've said countless times before. The budget is always used to defend John Hill but at some point time runs out. I'd had enough two years ago. Even the most die hard JH fan must see its stale, and that we aren't going anywhere. Even if there is no budget you can still try and do something other than hoof the ball. If you don't have skill, get fitter than the others for example. As they keep saying on the radio at the moment, Leicester blew the budget argument away last season. Different level but the same rules apply

Halesowen isn't Tipton, it's a different level, and I don't want ten years of this. I've had enough
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 29 Aug 2016, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Aug 2016, 20:08

sprout wrote:So before we blame the management do we know where our budget sits comparative to others?? Is ours the same as last year?? Are other clubs on increased budgets - I sure as hell don't know the answer but this is potentially a huge factor.

I do however agree that something needs to change fast, and preferably before Saturday
I don't know the answer for sure in comparison to our level. But I do know that Bromsgove, who battered us in pre season have a far lower budget.

(Took a bettering on social media as they looked brilliant so I questioned their budget. Amazing what can be achieved on a low budget)

They also played some great football. On the floor.

I genuinely believe that the budget is irrelevant. If you're John Hill and accept the budget then you don't moan (I'm sure I've read that John doesn't want to use budgets as an excuse, before?) or alternatively if you're a manager and you can't work with the budget then surely you'd have dignity and pass the challenge onto someone who can't. Or, thirdly, if the budget is so low, then surely we fans should know, so we can lower expectations, or do something about it. I.e help out...

Silence is NOT the answer. If help is needed. Say.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 29 Aug 2016, 20:36

I keep hearing about our small budget and its obvious that John Hill has n't got a long of money to splash about but surely, surely he could get better players for the same money than some of the crap he keeps signing. Why has he NEVER signed a regular goalscoring centre forward, to replace Ben, since he's been manager ? What the side is crying out for is a big forward who can put the opposition under pressure in their box but all he signs is Stourbr*dge reserve Clarke , who is injured all the time, and Pearson who just used us to pick up apparently his big wage whilst not trying on the pitch. All JH wants to sign is lightweight quickish forwards who can run on to the aimless punts up field. Its total rubbish and I cannot see it getting any better.Something does need a change. Depressed.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 29 Aug 2016, 20:41

Poor result, poor performance today all over. Hednesford are a decent side and will be up towards of the top of the league no doubt but they weren't anything special today and rarely had to get out of second gear.

As mentioned, the players maybe aren't up to the required standard however a lot were here towards the end of last season and looked pretty decent and we were talking about a positive future so now suddenly we can't say they're bad players.

Maybe confidence is the issue, maybe it's tactics. I'm not too sure but it's clear to see that things aren't right and needs to change pretty quickly - Saturday is a massive game!

From a personal perspective not the best way to celebrate my 100th game down the Grove!

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DJ » 29 Aug 2016, 21:33

Halesowen Town 1 Hednesford Town 3

Halesowen were left still seeking their first home victory of the season after Hednesford eased to a comfortable Bank Holiday victory.

Despite suspensions to strikers Jamie Matthews and Tristian Dunkley, the Pitmen enjoyed much the better of the first period in a successful return to the Grove for Hednesford boss and former Halesowen player Liam McDonald. The commanding visitors went close in the 4th minute when Gurjit Singh flashed a low shot just past the post from the edge of the penalty area before Simeon Maye fired over the bar three minutes later. But George CARLINE soon handed Hednesford a 9th minute lead by glancing his header through a crowded goalmouth from Calum Flanagan’s corner. Ashley Sammons then twisted and turned on the edge of the Yeltz area to curl just wide after 11 minutes and, with the visitors in control, Sammons fired wide from 25 yards at the end of a neat 22nd minute move.

Lee Chilton struck Halesowen’s first attempt over the bar from the left after 12 minutes and the first Yeltz corner came to nothing in the 18th minute. Towards the interval Kaiman Anderson dragged a 36th minute shot wide and Chilton’s 40th minute cross was cleared as the hosts struggled to make any meaningful penetration. At the start of the second half, Chilton played the ball to Kaiman Anderson’s feet, but his clever back-flick took Malcolm Melvin somewhat by surprise with a sight on goal.

Hednesford continued to look more dangerous as Carline headed over the bar after 49 minutes and Richard Sho-Silva made a good 52nd challenge to win the ball off Singh in the home penalty area. Cohen Bramall then made a good run and cross from the left in the 58th minute and Carline nodded a 64th minute left wing cross high over the bar. Singh exposed the space down the Yeltz left after 66 minutes, but Tom Thorley could only guide his close range header over the bar.

The Yeltz employed a changed formation with three at the back in the second half in an attempt to apply more forward pressure, but this only served to allow the superior Pitmen to pick off the home defence with two further goals. SAMMONS latched onto substitute Danny Glover’s flick and he doubled the Pitmen’s lead with a low drive escaping goalkeeper Dan Platt’s grasp at his near post in the 74th minute.

With home confidence low, Hednesford finished strongly and made it 3-0 just two minutes later when the ball was worked across to the right to find Maye free in space and he crossed for GLOVER to convert in front of goal. Platt was forced to make a good save as Carline met an 81st minute short corner and Thorley stabbed another effort just wide two minutes later. Platt then superbly tipped away a goal-bound 25 yard shot from substitute Sean Geddes.

Well beaten Halesowen finally earned an 88th minute consolation goal through a solo effort from ANDERSON after he burst through the centre to fire past the previously redundant visiting goalkeeper Dan Crane.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Kyle Haynes (Dumitru Chiriac 70), Aaron Griffiths, Jay Denny (c), Richard Sho-Silva, Asa Charlton, Malcolm Melvin (Joe Colley 83), Danny Bragoli, Kaiman Anderson, Ethan Delaney (Tyree Clarke 63), Lee Chilton. Subs Not Used: Kyle Morrison, Jake King (GK).

Hednesford Town: Dan Crane; Kyle Rowley, Cohen Bramall, Simeon Maye, Calum Flanagan, James Mutton, Gurjit Singh (Sean Geddes 75), Tom Thorley (c), Joel Logan (Danny Glover 68), Ashley Sammons, George Carline. Subs Not Used: Lloyd Ransome, Francino Francis, Rhys Thompson.

Referee: Mark Howes Attendance: 567 Booked: Bragoli (46)
‘Tulleys Print’ HTFC Man of the Match selected by John Balmforth: Richard Sho-Silva

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 30 Aug 2016, 06:53

27 The fact is the budget is a major factor in any managers team - but that does not stop other factors coming into platy as well - I didn't go to Buxton but I'm led to believe that Maradona was poor at best - this may explain why he is on the bench! As for Chris Lait, I'm with you on this one. Players not being fit??? I guess JH is to blame for APS's knee as well????

Personally, I have doubts about abilities as well but what I am saying is that you have to look at all of the factors as opposed to fixating about one. If the pitch good enough? I haven't been on it this year but there are rumours about that this has put players off (no disrespect meant to Ant - you can only work with what you have)

If you change things you need viable options but are they there?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 30 Aug 2016, 07:37

Duplicate posting! Grrrr!
Last edited by RaidenYeltz on 30 Aug 2016, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 30 Aug 2016, 07:38

Big budget or low budget - you don't need to spend big money to get players to do the basic things right.

Defending on set pieces.

Movement off the ball when we are in possession.

Pressure off the ball, closing down etc.

Bravery and composure on the ball.

Beating the first man off a set piece.

Getting shots off at goal.

Putting the ball in the right area when crossing in open play.

All of the above are basic aspects of the game that any player of any ability should be able to do. We are currently not doing any of the above.

It seems to me that the players currently lack confidence and are almost hiding during no games and expecting someone else to step forward and be the player to call out for a pass, take a shot, beat a man or put a good cross in.

You look at our back five including Platt. I think most would say that's a solid back line. But we don't seem to be defending as a unit.

I guess the fact that the lads who started at the back barely had a pre-season match together to get used to each other, doesn't help.

While I'm mentioning pre-season, maybe that's another reason for yet another poor start to the season. The opposition we play during the pre-season are very poor. How much do the management find out about players against the likes of Tipton?

I've seen John Hill mention (or alluded to, via Twitter) the squad not being good enough. I'd ask why wasn't this addressed in pre-season? Or do we put it down to the fact the squad of players John had in preseason were never really tested.

In relation to our midfield. I believe it needs strengthening a touch. We need a winger and a ball winning cm (as I said post Rushall, Lait & Forde anyone?)

There's no one in midfield who calls for a pass from the centre back (if there is then the defenders on the ball are ignoring them), so they can at least try and dictate play. We don't have anyone out wide who can beat a man for pace and create a cross. Granted that man would be APS if fit. Is Melvin best used out wide? For me, no one demands the ball and hence the defence just lump it forward because there's no movement or bravery to receive a pass on the floor.

Of course when the ball is just lumped forward it comes straight back, because as hard as Delaney and Anderson worked yesterday they aren't target men. They are desperately crying out for ball to feet so they can beat defenders or lay it off to the midfielders to keep the attack going.

We need to do this to relieve constant pressure.

I don't think we attack as a unit either. There seems too many occasions that the player in possession is isolated and has very little attacking options.

In summary I still maintain we have a decent core of players here. With one or two additions we have a very good squad. But unless you get the basics right, it doesn't matter if you have the biggest budget and best squad in the league, you won't perform and you will lose games.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 30 Aug 2016, 09:16

Worst start to a league campaign since 2002/03...

http://yeltzarchives.com/history/league ... 00203.html

We all know what happened that season...

http://www.yeltzarchives.com/index.php? ... 3&catid=25

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 30 Aug 2016, 09:49

That was a strong league in 2002_03, possibly prior to the formation of 2 levels to the Conference?
Despite the results, there were some very enjoyable away trips. The last one at Folkestone will live with me forever as we failed to get a winner and ended up relegated on goal difference.