Hednesford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Hednesford Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Aug 2016, 17:23

The back five (inc Platty) are more or less the same as we had last year. With Hains and Silva coming in. Both seem more than adequate at this level. Especially Silva, he's a fantastic defender IMO. Don't forget Lewis and Morrison are injured...

The midfield that started today, three of the four were here last year. Chilly has previously played for us in the last and was successful here back then.

Anderson was here last year, and is a decent player. As we all know.

I'm not judging Ethan, how can you judge either of our strikers when they get absolutely no service. And when they do, it's a long ball onto their head or into their chest.

We had an excellent run at the back end of last season and we played some good football. Very little of the squad that achieved that has left. Sadly we have picked up injuries.

To say we have a poor squad of players is wrong.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 29 Aug 2016, 17:33

RaidenYeltz wrote:The back five (inc Platty) are the more or less the same as we had last year. With Hains and Silva coming in. Both seem more than adequate at this level. Especially Silva, he's a fantastic defender IMO. Don't forget Lewis and Morrison are injured...

The midfield that started today, three of the four were here last year. Chilly has previously played for us in the last and was successful here back then.

I'm not judging Ethan, how can you judge either of our strikers when they get absolutely no service. And when they do, it's a long ball onto their head or into their chest.

I think to say we've got a poor team is wrong.
A little contradictory, because if the midfield is strong, why aren't they supplying the forwards like you quite correctly point out?

There were 4 yeltz players standing there in a square right next to their winger as he strolled past all of them for the 3rd goal. I said at the time if this results in a goal, that that was an absolute disgrace. I don't know anything about tactics particularly, but where was the effort to actually tackle the bloke? Either they are poor players or not being told what to do.

If you think we have a good starting line up then there is only one answer, it's the managers fault. I think we have a poor team, but I also think we need a change elsewhere

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Aug 2016, 17:43

Yeltz27 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:The back five (inc Platty) are the more or less the same as we had last year. With Hains and Silva coming in. Both seem more than adequate at this level. Especially Silva, he's a fantastic defender IMO. Don't forget Lewis and Morrison are injured...

A little contradictory, because if the midfield is strong, why aren't they supplying the forwards like you quite correctly point out?

There were 4 yeltz players standing there in a square right next to their winger as he strolled past all of them for the 3rd goal. I said at the time if this results in a goal, that that was an absolute disgrace. I don't know anything about tactics particularly, but where was the effort to actually tackle the bloke? Either they are poor players or not being told what to do.

If you think we have a good starting line up then there is only one answer, it's the managers fault. I think we have a poor team, but I also think we need a change elsewhere
Midfield - we need to use it...how can they supply an attacking threat when the defence just aimlessly hoof it?

Ironically you mentioned Maradona, I think he's been poor this season, after a promising pre-season. Who know why this is, confidence? Coaching? Lack of starting opportunities?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 29 Aug 2016, 17:46

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:

Midfield - we need to use it...how can they supply an attacking threat when the defence just aimlessly hoof it?

Ironically you mentioned Maradona, I think he's been poor this season, after a promising pre-season. Who know why this is, confidence? Coaching? Lack of starting opportunities?
John Hill doesn't like players like Maradona. Look at what happened to Chris Lait. It's the same happening again. We have a player with skill but doesn't fit the managers plans. It's really irritating

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Aug 2016, 17:49

Yeltz27 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:

John Hill doesn't like players like Maradona. Look at what happened to Chris Lait. It's the same happening again. We have a player with skill but doesn't fit the managers plans. It's really irritating
Potentially a fair point. I don't think Maradona is as good as Lait. And TBF with the management at the time Lait didn't fit the system we played that was successful at the time.

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 29 Aug 2016, 17:54

Enough! Today we were dire. 2nd best for the entire game.

We have decent strikers but you have to play to feet to get the best out of them, Kaiman's goal proves this. Lumping it forward is not working, we don't have an Iyseden to hold it up any more.

Platty had no chance today, defensively we couldn't cope with them and each goal was error strewn, which brings me to the root of the problem...

Our midfield are struggling big time, no service for the front men, no creativity and we are giving the ball away too cheaply, putting pressure on the back line. 3 home games so far and we've not won the midfield battle in any of them. Its late August and they look like they've played 40 games already.

Saturday is now huge, not only for the revenue a cup run brings but for confidence. 4 points from 15 is relegation form and things need to change quickly. Either the midfield pattern needs to change or new faces are needed.

Thoughts?
Last edited by CRH Yeltz on 29 Aug 2016, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Aug 2016, 17:56

Unadulterated shite.
27, you are spot on. This team is not good enough and, if as Raiden thinks, it is potentially good enough then it must be the manager. Steve Lynch has said in the past he will not get rid of the manager, so as far as I am concerned were up the creek without a paddle. It'll make interesting reading on here after we've lost to Coleshill......

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 29 Aug 2016, 18:00

CRH Yeltz wrote:Enough! Today we were dire. 2nd best for the entire game.

We have decent strikers but you have to play to feet to get the best out of them, Kaiman's goal proves this. Lumping it forward is not working, we don't have an Iyseden to hold it up any more.

Platty had no chance today, defensively we couldn't cope with them and each goal was error strewn, which brings me to the root of the problem...

Our midfield are struggling big time, no service for the front men, no creativity and we are giving the ball away too cheaply, putting preasure on the back line. 3 home games so far and we've not won the midfield battle in any of them. Its late August and they look like they've played 40 games already.

Saturday is now huge, not only for the revenue a cup run brings but for confidence. 4 points from 15 is relegation form and things need to change quickly. Either the midfield pattern needs to change or new faces are needed.

Thoughts?
Thoughts? Hill and Clarke out! We need fresh ideas and something new. It's boring and has been going on for too long now. And in relation to your point about late August, I said two years ago about the fitness..........so who
is responsible for that? Nothing has changed. Look at Hednesfords number 3 for example. Pace, because he's in shape
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 29 Aug 2016, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Aug 2016, 18:05

andy wrote:Unadulterated shite.
27, you are spot on. This team is not good enough and, if as Raiden thinks, it is potentially good enough then it must be the manager. Steve Lynch has said in the past he will not get rid of the manager, so as far as I am concerned were up the creek without a paddle. It'll make interesting reading on here after we've lost to Coleshill......
I seem alone in my assessment of the squad! One way or another change is needed as we're heading down if the first handful of games are to go by. There is very little to be positive about.

I too have previously spoken to Steve who swears blind by our manager. Which is commendable in the day and age of chop and change. But that stubbornness could (could!) cost us.

Craig, you know my thoughts!

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 29 Aug 2016, 19:53

So before we blame the management do we know where our budget sits comparative to others?? Is ours the same as last year?? Are other clubs on increased budgets - I sure as hell don't know the answer but this is potentially a huge factor.

I do however agree that something needs to change fast, and preferably before Saturday