Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2016, 19:11

Oh dear. All i can say is the "many thousands" Steve said it cost to change and implement the badge could and should have been spent on attracting better players, and giving them a pitch worth playing on. That today was at best pathetic, 10 players or not. Blythe were not THAT good, we were THAT bad. I know we've been very unlucky injurywise again but we really have to put better quality players out on the pitch than that. If money really is the crux of all this, allegedly folk not paid what they are owed, players not wanting to come here because of low wages, pitch work not done etc, then we are once again on a slippery slope. This time it may be to oblivion because the interest is just not there anymore to pick up the pieces.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Aug 2016, 19:22

andy wrote:Oh dear. All i can say is the "many thousands" Steve said it cost to change and implement the badge could and should have been spent on attracting better players, and giving them a pitch worth playing on. That today was at best pathetic, 10 players or not. Blythe were not THAT good, we were THAT bad. I know we've been very unlucky injurywise again but we really have to put better quality players out on the pitch than that. If money really is the crux of all this, allegedly folk not paid what they are owed, players not wanting to come here because of low wages, pitch work not done etc, then we are once again on a slippery slope. This time it may be to oblivion because the interest is just not there anymore to pick up the pieces.
The owner spent 5000 pounds on a cafe we don't need. Why? Yes it's his choice obviously, but it's totally pointless in relation to HTFC. There are also other things in the ground that have been put up that we don't need. They might make the place look a bit better, but that money could have been spent on the pitch, a right back, a forward etc.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2016, 19:42

Yeltz27 wrote:
andy wrote:Oh dear. All i can say is the "many thousands" Steve said it cost to change and implement the badge could and should have been spent on attracting better players, and giving them a pitch worth playing on. That today was at best pathetic, 10 players or not. Blythe were not THAT good, we were THAT bad. I know we've been very unlucky injurywise again but we really have to put better quality players out on the pitch than that. If money really is the crux of all this, allegedly folk not paid what they are owed, players not wanting to come here because of low wages, pitch work not done etc, then we are once again on a slippery slope. This time it may be to oblivion because the interest is just not there anymore to pick up the pieces.
The owner spent 5000 pounds on a cafe we don't need. Why? Yes it's his choice obviously, but it's totally pointless in relation to HTFC. There are also other things in the ground that have been put up that we don't need. They might make the place look a bit better, but that money could have been spent on the pitch, a right back, a forward etc.
To be fair i think a lot of that was FOTG money and time. Not sure about the cafe. I'm sure someone will clarify.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Aug 2016, 19:44

Yeltz27 wrote:
What sort of other things are you referring to? Hope it's not any of the Friends of the Grove projects which are done independently from the club. That money is not meant for the pitch or players, a right back or forward etc.

CRHTheTog
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRHTheTog » 20 Aug 2016, 20:01

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Aug 2016, 21:24

Just to pick up on a few points made. FOTG will NEVER pay for wages or the pitch, that is the clubs responsibility. We're not a 'topping up' service and never will be. Everything we have paid for this summer will still be there to see in years to come - our remit is to improve the facilities and this is what has happened thanks to the work of a committed group of volunteers. We may have improved the facilities only "a bit" but we do the best we can.

If you're not happy with what you see on the pitch then fine, that's your prerogative - it was complete and utter toilet today - no doubt.

I don't know the finances of the club, how it's spent or on what, clearly improvements are needed on the pitch to that we can't disagree. In my humble opinion there are a number of players who wore our shirt today who aren't good enough.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 20 Aug 2016, 22:04

Yeltz27,
I object strongly to your derogatory reference to the work achieved by the volunteers of FOTG.
You obviously have not a vestige of an idea of the work put in to improve The Grove "a bit." Or, for that matter, the aims and remit of FOTG.
That is a bloody insult and you should be ashamed of yourself. You call yourself a supporter yet denigrate the efforts of those who show their support by hard graft.
Criticise the performance on the pitch but keep it to that - you obviously have no idea of the work that goes on to keep the ground in good shape by people who really care about HTFC.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Aug 2016, 22:12

lutleyyeltz wrote:Yeltz27,
I object strongly to your derogatory reference to the work achieved by the volunteers of FOTG.
You obviously have not a vestige of an idea of the work put in to improve The Grove "a bit." Or, for that matter, the aims and remit of FOTG.
That is a bloody insult and you should be ashamed of yourself. You call yourself a supporter yet denigrate the efforts of those who show their support by hard graft.
Criticise the performance on the pitch but keep it to that - you obviously have no idea of the work that goes on to keep the ground in good shape by people who really care about HTFC.
You have no idea. I helped the club out a lot a few years ago so don't make assumptions that I have no idea about hard graft or that I don't know about what goes into keeping the ground in good shape

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 20 Aug 2016, 22:21

Yeltz27 wrote:
You have no idea. I helped the club out a lot a few years ago so don't make assumptions that I have no idea about hard graft or that I don't know about what goes into keeping the ground in good shape
Awaiting a reply to my post.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 20 Aug 2016, 23:22

yeltz85 wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:
Awaiting a reply to my post.
I'd be more than interested to hear what things you are referring to also Mr. 27