Sporting Bromsgrove Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Bromsgrove Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 03 Aug 2016, 05:49

RaidenYeltz wrote:I'd like to see both goals again. I think the stand in keeper is a good shot stopper as evidenced by his early save in the second half.

But I'd like to see both goals again. To get lobbed twice in the same game is unusual. Although our no.2 trialist, didn't cover himself in glory, for the first goal.

Although a step in for Platty I do question the keeper we have as second choice.

Put it this way, if we went into vital game needing three points. I'd have Platt in goal.
Physically he isn't the biggest, but at the age of 18 he's still got some growing to do yet. I like him, technically he's good, he has good footwork, he reads the game well, he's brave and his decision making is excellent. I like how vocal he is too and has never been backwards in telling more experienced players what to do. He's got a lot to learn still naturally at 18 but I think we have the makings of a very, very good keeper. He'll make mistakes like all young players (particularly keepers) do but I'm looking forward to seeing him develop.

As for the game itself, I thought we were sloppy defensively and a yard short all-over the pitch. Credit the opposition for their efforts they started at a higher tempo than us, perhaps in a game with only three subs allowed they might have run out of steam earlier than the last 20mins - which is when we finally had the upper hand.

I think tonight will have highlighted where we need to improve and JH will have learnt more tonight and at Alvechurch than some of the early pre season victories.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Bromsgrove Updates

Post by piearce9 » 03 Aug 2016, 13:34

Platt will be back in goal as soon as he's finished up in Cuba. The reserve keeper at this level is always tricky. Basically you need someone who's willing to give up the same amount of time as the main squad, but with limited prospect of any gametime. So to have someone like Jake King makes a lot of sense - he'll be too old for youth team football now so might as well learn off Platty for a year and look to improve. You've seen what happens when you have an experienced keeper sat on the bench.

Last night I thought we were half a yard short all over the pitch, really lacking sharpness, and that'll need to improve somewhat before Buxton next week. I would like to see APS gaining more time in the first team- think he's got great potential this season and looked lively last night. We could really do with a spare centre back and spare centre mid as I'm fairly sure there's a lack of cover there, but otherwise we're OK.

Bromsgrove were hugely impressive though. Who'd have thought Brendan Kelly would be helping to mastermind such a neat style of football ;) Thought they had a few players worth nicking actually, but would imagine we might have a job to persuade them to make the step up as they seem to have a solid team capable of winning that league comfortably.