Sporting Khalsa

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Sporting Khalsa

Post by piearce9 » 19 Jul 2016, 22:31

My first view of the team preseason- thought we looked pretty decent against a competitive Khalsa who had a few ex-Yeltz in their ranks.

Positive to see a mostly familiar lineup playing 4-4-2. The new lad up top (Delaney, I think?) looked very good first half with a good physical presence combined with a turn of pace. Haynes at right back very solid too and unlucky not to score a piledriver.

Moment of the match was Maradona's near-perfect attempt from half way which was inches wide. Moments of inspiration aside, the same player does need to work on his decision making as I'm not sure the management team have room for a luxury player!

Talking of halfway line efforts, it was nice to see Curtis Tilt there too.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sporting Khalsa

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Jul 2016, 23:14

Our most competitive game yet this pre-season, I like Delaney - he looks raw and I hope he can link well with Clarke/Turner. I thought young Jake King did really well in goal, showed good concentration and his decision making was excellent, (perhaps apart from when he went on a dribble!) Haynes looks great at RB and tonight we saw a little more of him defensively. I agree about Maradona, I think we have a real talent there, but his decision making needs to be a lot better - I hope that comes with experience. I also think he's probably trying a bit too hard maybe and he needs to just relax a little more.
Still a lot to do I think, but we're miles and miles ahead of were we were this time last year when nobody seemed to know each others name.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ