Tipton away..

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Tipton away..

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Jul 2016, 23:30

0-9

It's sad to see how Tipton have declined since JH left, (warning sign?) but credit to them for their character. They could have tried to kick us off the pitch but played in the right spirit throughout. A dominant Yeltz performance with a number of trialists on show who all looked comfortable against a youthful Tipton side. Minutes on the pitch and miles in the bank surely was the objective today. Right back Kyle Haynes looked more than capable getting forward from right back, as did Callum Wilson from the left back position. Melvin scored a hat trick with a great chip in the first half the pick of the goals individually but I thought we had some really great team goals today with lots of interchanges of passes and 1- 2's. Luke Male I thought was excellent in the second half giving us dome drive alongside Brags.
Clearly we'll come up against better opposition in the coming weeks but thought the two strikers on trial looked very capable and we looked a million times more organised than this time last year when we played Cradley of a similar standard. The result matters little, but Asa, Kyle Morrison, Tyree and Mike Turner missing it was nice to see goals, fluidity and team spirit from the off.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tipton away..

Post by juanillo » 11 Jul 2016, 23:19

A good workout, but like you say, you can't read too much into this one.

The only thing I would say is that Tipton are much worse than Cradley were at the same stage last season. Last season they got only 6 pts, no wins and conceded 168 goals ..in fact Cradley beat them 3-0 and 5-0.

Let's hope for some more challenging workouts before the real season starts.