Re: Ashton Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 19 Apr 2016, 21:53

Lost 3.0

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 20 Apr 2016, 00:39

Fantastic updates there! ;)

Bit of a nothing game for us really as we've looked to have secured a solid 13th place in the league, they are obviously looking to secure a playoff place so more at stake for them.

Still be interested in reading (hopefully) Rob's match analysis if he managed to make the game!

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Apr 2016, 00:58

dalevillain wrote:Fantastic updates there! ;)

Bit of a nothing game for us really as we've looked to have secured a solid 13th place in the league, they are obviously looking to secure a playoff place so more at stake for them.

Still be interested in reading (hopefully) Rob's match analysis if he managed to make the game!

And tuning into the Yeltz TV video... right? Right??
Yeltz TV

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 20 Apr 2016, 01:41

Having just got home after a long day I'll agree with you Dale and await Robs analysis, and the hightlights Dan ;-)

The one point I'd like to make was the total lack of any atmosphere where a team is gunning for the play offs.

Didn't hear an attendance announced or tweeted out, but if there were 150 there it was pushing it.

One lad banging a drum and the siren from the beginning of Sweets Blockbuster was about it.

Game drifted off into the cold night air, we came home.... Back to the studio

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Apr 2016, 10:18

wednesburystokie wrote:Having just got home after a long day I'll agree with you Dale and await Robs analysis, and the hightlights Dan ;-)

The one point I'd like to make was the total lack of any atmosphere where a team is gunning for the play offs.

Didn't hear an attendance announced or tweeted out, but if there were 150 there it was pushing it.

One lad banging a drum and the siren from the beginning of Sweets Blockbuster was about it.

Game drifted off into the cold night air, we came home.... Back to the studio
Sounds fun ::) l was debating Hyde Saturday but I fear that may not be any different.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 20 Apr 2016, 11:18

Highlight for me was the digital clock in main stand counting down minutes of each half.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 20 Apr 2016, 11:58

Laurel Lane Lamper wrote:Highlight for me was the digital clock in main stand counting down minutes of each half.
Unfortunately I didn't have a pair of binoculars with me so couldn't see it clearly.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Apr 2016, 13:07

A trip up the M5/M6//M56/M60 on a Tuesday evening, arriving at 7:30pm, a 17 year old in goal making his debut and a more than decent opposition pushing for the play offs we were really up against it.
I thought the young lad in goal did really well, he showed excellent handling and very good decision making, especially for one so young.

The game itself, we went with a similar formation to that that did so well to frustrate at Darlington, however I thought Ashton did better against it than Darlo. They punted the ball into the box at every opportunity with the keeper taking free kicks right on the half way line to push every player forwards. They're a good side no doubt and I can see them surprising the more fancied sides in the play offs.
A good effort by the players, the keeper and the impressive Kyle Morrison stood out for Yeltz.

A poor crowd, how they'd cope financially on those crowds if they went up I don't know, but I suppose their neighbours Curzon are doing OK...

Look forward to Saturday, both teams can play with freedom. Hopefully a Yeltz win!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Apr 2016, 14:20

Yeltz TV