Grantham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Updates

Post by welshyeltz » 16 Apr 2016, 20:26

Thanks 27. He guy was out of order , his language consisted of 75% swear words. Not acceptable

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 17 Apr 2016, 10:26

Yeltz TV

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 17 Apr 2016, 10:36

Looks like we have a decent squad developing now with some good and pacey options upfront, that genuinely look like creating chances and scoring.

Let's hope we can keep hold of those players and add further quality.

I don't see any reason why we can't push for the play offs next season. There are very few teams in this league impress me. For me there are a lot of average teams at this level who we are should be beating.

Also, as we've seen, even the odd decent side like the likes of Blyth are beatable.

Looking positive.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 17 Apr 2016, 14:54

A good win, a great result, ironically I think we've played better this season and not won games, but that's football.

I thought whilst quite rightly Maradona caught the eye of most players I thought Brad Lewis also did well, he's certainly grown into the team in the last couple of games and I thought alongside Kyle did really well.

With so many young players in the team they're naturally going to have off days but i've been impressed with how they seem to have improved in recent weeks. There's certainly a togetherness within the squad which is great to see. With two away games to come 4pts would from them would be brilliant and a great return on the seasons work. Congratulations to John and his team of staff on a pleasing season, I hope he'll have the opportunity to help the team move forwards again next year.

For next season I'd like to see John keep the vast majority of the squad and perhaps add a little more experience at this level to help the young lads we have.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 17 Apr 2016, 15:33

I've really enjoyed the football over the last few games, towards the end of last season we simply capitulated on occasion, but with all this seasons upheaval being in a position to finish with a higher points tally is a great achievement.

Let's hope we can carry this into next season.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 17 Apr 2016, 19:17

RobYeltz wrote:A good win, a great result, ironically I think we've played better this season and not won games, but that's football.

I thought whilst quite rightly Maradona caught the eye of most players I thought Brad Lewis also did well, he's certainly grown into the team in the last couple of games and I thought alongside Kyle did really well.

With so many young players in the team they're naturally going to have off days but i've been impressed with how they seem to have improved in recent weeks. There's certainly a togetherness within the squad which is great to see. With two away games to come 4pts would from them would be brilliant and a great return on the seasons work. Congratulations to John and his team of staff on a pleasing season, I hope he'll have the opportunity to help the team move forwards again next year.

For next season I'd like to see John keep the vast majority of the squad and perhaps add a little more experience at this level to help the young lads we have.
I agree a good win yesterday and a solid performance and plenty to build on. I see the point about experienced players and while in themselves experienced players should not be too difficult to come by, experienced players at this particular level may be harder to prise away with all the other local clubs that play at this level having reasonable seasons.

YeltzRob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzRob » 18 Apr 2016, 12:23

Really enjoyed the season, looking to get to Hyde.

A season for Dan Platt to forget and remember at the same time. Quality keeper

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 18 Apr 2016, 17:57

How serious is Platty's injury?
That lad has the most awful luck, but what a class 'keeper!

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 18 Apr 2016, 18:46

lutleyyeltz wrote:How serious is Platty's injury?
That lad has the most awful luck, but what a class 'keeper!
Been tweeting that is season is over, great shame, at least he has a few months recuperation.