Sholing

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sholing

Post by andy » 29 Oct 2011, 18:21

Hmm errors again cost us in a game that deserved to finish goalless. No idea what Smith thought he was doing when he took the guy down for the penalty, he was going nowhere. Then to draw level so close to the end was a bonus, yet we still manage to blow it. To give the ball away where we did and then defend the break so poorly must have the gaffer tearing his hair out. I don't like to critisise, but this was poor fare.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 29 Oct 2011, 19:05

To be honest, neither team deserved a point from that, I would like to find a positive from it but there was none, at least the refs performance mirrored every one else on the pitch!

Still, onward and upward, at least we have a club to support.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 30 Oct 2011, 07:54

ZeeZee wrote:To be honest, neither team deserved a point from that, I would like to find a positive from it but there was none, at least the refs performance mirrored every one else on the pitch!

Still, onward and upward, at least we have a club to support.
Having been critical of today's performance, I concede that Zee's last comment is the most important thing to remember!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 30 Oct 2011, 18:12

Good to be able to talk about the football again.

Several players had a mare today not just one or two. Hope they have all got it out of the way and will now improve. If not new blood is required.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 30 Oct 2011, 20:27

Maybe the answer is in the match officials, Steve Lynch has a 100% record in our favour when running the line, I suspect missile from the Directors box could be a regular feature!

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 31 Oct 2011, 15:14

Having a team to support is consolation and something we keep telling ourselves as 'therapy' when watching such awful stuff. At the moment you cant recommend others to come and watch, for fear of embarrassment at the quality or lack of it. It is a footballing mystery why some midfield players keep putting their foot on the ball and spinning round in circles, before invariably passing the ball sideways or backwards, when you have a free player making runs on either wing. A mystery why when you put a small centre forward on, they dont play to feet. Sholing and Romulus were truly terrible performances. Dont worry, the die-hards will still be back for the next match but blimey this is proving to be hard work and certainly little fun so far!.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Oct 2011, 15:53

An excellent analysis of the situation!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 31 Oct 2011, 19:11

this team, if 1 league higher, would get the same results as last season when we were 1 league higher?! but in this league the opposition don`t create as many or take all their chances (the worrying part is though their defences aren`t as good, so we should be scoring more... unless we are, of course, just another one of those teams you get in this league)

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 01 Nov 2011, 09:40

I see Jonathan Loney returned to our line-up on Saturday. It was season 2008/09 when he last played. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun ;)

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 01 Nov 2011, 10:32

There is a piece in the Birmingham mail this morning that doesn't seem to be online anywhere basically it says that Shaun is going to make changes for the match tonight and the defensive issue needs addressing as it was suicidal on Saturday and that's what cost us the game. In other words he wasn't too pleased with Saturday!