Ramsbottom Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 10 Apr 2016, 13:17

A surprising 3-5-2 formation was played in the first half with Jay Denny playing between Kyle and Brad Lewis, Maradona and Griff playing as wing backs. Forsyth and Male played in the middle with Melvin playing behind the front two of Clarke and Kaiman.

They never really threatened in the first half other than a deflected shot that hit the post and Platty dealt comfortably with everything else that came at him. Two well taken goals from Male and Kaiman, who again impressed with his work rate and was fully deserving of his goal from Griff's great pass. The first was a great turn by Kaiman, taking out two defenders and Male followed up to score. The second a great first touch before finishing past the keeper.

The second half saw us revert to 4-4-2 with Summerfield coming on at right back at the expense of Male, Jay Denny moved into midfield alongside Forsyth and Sweeney came on for Clarke. Parsons-Smith came on mid way through the second half for Maradona.

Not exactly a testing game, nor that exciting, we got the goals, we looked threatening when going forward and defended well enough to keep a clean sheet. I feel a bit sorry for Rammy actually, they're nice people and you can see how hard they've worked to bring the ground back up to scratch after their troubles, it's a shame they haven't seen better on the pitch. That said, they did have some very decent young players and I believe one of them scored for a young England side the night previous meaning he didn't play against us. Let's hope they can bounce back.

Only 180 something there so I guess some Rammy fans have voted with their feet which is sad, but I'd estimate 50 odd folk from Halesowen made the 2 hour trip for a nothing game really - so credit to those who travelled.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ