HIGHLIGHTS - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMVxut2NQVg

Enjoy this one!

*feedback welcome, as always.
Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stourbr*dge Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Mar 2016, 00:33

Brilliant. Sweeney made a massive difference when he came on. We wanted it more than them and desire wins everytime for me.

Kyle Morrison once again was outstanding against arguably the best striker in the league, unfortunately for Hackett the deadline has gone so he can't bribe him with a big brown envelope. To see the likes of Joe Hull on the bench for them was criminal really. Joe is better than that and should be playing every week. I loved our game plan to day, press hard when need be, defend the wide players well and get stuck into them when need be. The whinging from their players was unbelievable considering the decisions in the main went there way and to see Hackett having a strop at the end was priceless. All that money, but you can't buy desire or class.

A great moment at the end when the players went over to Colin, a really fitting tribute to a really great man. He was truly humbled. Credit to JH for that, a really classy moment.

Now lads, we're starting to build something special at the club, let's start knocking JH's door about signing next season eh?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Mar 2016, 04:13

The Shed End singing 'one Collin Brookes' at the end of the match, was classy. The bloke is a true gentleman.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 29 Mar 2016, 08:17

Wow. What a fantastic result and an unbelievable day! A great performance although I don't think it was our best performance of the season however in what hasn't been the most exciting of seasons there is little doubt that is the result of our season!

Agree Sweeney made the difference when he came on, absolutely first class performance from him, he was fantastic and a real handful.

Can't wait to watch the highlights back, absolutely buzzing!

Up the Yeltz!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 29 Mar 2016, 10:22

YeltzDoc wrote:
piearce9 wrote:Second highest EVER at The Grove- did I get that right?
In the league, yes.
We can claim that it's the highest ever 3pm k.o. league match in our 143 year history...

Attendance records here - http://www.yeltzarchives.com/history/al ... cords.html
There might have been some higher league gates back in the '40s-60s but we don't have the records to back it up. Strange that the Hendon FAC R1 from '55-'56 is also missing. We always claim 5000 for this match, maybe we don't have the official paperwork?

Madeira Lane Lamper might have some thoughts on it upon his return from the sunshine (Happy Birthday Chas btw).
http://www.yeltzarchives.com/history/al ... cords.html

All up to date. Chas can probably help with the Hendon attendance...

http://www.yeltzarchives.com/match-data ... -head.html

I have it as a round figure of 4,000 which is why it's not included probably as it looks an estimate. :)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Mar 2016, 11:03

YeltzDoc wrote:Click the link ya daft Bluenose.
Too complicated....

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 29 Mar 2016, 12:35

http://glassboys.the-talk.net/t724-halesowen-away

Great result yesterday from us Brummie, in-bred, banter-fuelled Yeltz Men............. I would go on there and point out there's only about 5 miles between the two clubs, and six fingers usually travel further than that............ but I'll just enjoy the 2-0 victory O0

Have they got 3 sides? I thought it was 1 and two halves...........

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 29 Mar 2016, 12:36

I think I picked up 4,000 as the Hendon attendance from newspaper report at Dudley Archives. Although an estimate, and in the absence of official paperwork, it could go into to the top list? I've still to see official record of our being formed in 1873.

I get the impression that attendances at The Grove in the immediate post-war period could have been between 1,500 to 2,500 as there was an enormous appetite for live entertainment and sport when peacetime returned. Usually there have only been estimates, several 2,000s, so while yesterday's figure may have been beaten there's a good chance 2,507 remains the highest.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Mar 2016, 17:47

Its a shame reading their forum that they cant just concentrate on their own shortcomings rather than having pathetic digs at the side who actually won the game. I hope we tend to rise above that. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about their league position, proximity to Birmingham or their results, they're just another team to me. As long as were winning OUR matches, I'm happy.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 29 Mar 2016, 22:03

And Tamuff?.........