Salford Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Salford Home

Post by juanillo » 15 Mar 2016, 23:31

wednesburystokie wrote:From where was I'd say the Asa incident was a nailed on red, what I hated was the way the Salford players surrounded the ref, ring any bells Mr. Neville?

One of their players raised his hands to Asa and wasn't even booked.

One bit of quality settled it, disappointing after Saturday but I'm sure we would have taken 3 points from the 2 games.
Players at every level and most teams do that unfortunately whenever there's a dodgy tackle.

Their goal, hammered in from a narrow angle, followed so quickly by the red card, put a dampener on what had been a good competitive game and we'd done well up to then.

I didn't really get our 3 substitutions after going a goal down and a man down unless there were injuries. Whilst it probably meant we kept it tighter, which would've been fine at 0-0, I think it meant there was little chance of an equaliser (aparr from a header just wide) with the 3 most likely players on the night having been taken off.

I could be wrong, but I think we'll be playing them again next season which would doubtless mean that the ex Rammy managerial duo wouldn't be around.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 15 Mar 2016, 23:53

An enjoyable game tonight down the Grove and a game that for me drew comparisons to the FC United game last season where we raised our game against a 'big name' non-league team in front of a good crowd and atmosphere (more on the crowd later on.)

As mentioned on previous posts before, we gave a good account of ourselves against a side who are towards the top of the league and have been buoyed by a good Cup Run and the numerous amount of publicity that has surrounded them. But in fact despite all that the first half you wouldn't have known who were the side higher in the league as I think we matched them pretty evenly with both teams hitting the bar and Platty making another exceptional save.

In the first part of the second half we gave it a good go and I actually think we looked the most likely to score with a couple of good chances to take the lead that went begging.

As what happens though against the top sides, inevitably they take their chance and they did so with a great finish that was probably worthy of winning any game.

Unfortunatly a few minutes later Asa got himself sent off, I had made a dive for the bar at this point so I missed the incident but from what I hear it was a bad challenge and worthy of a red card albeit not a challenge he necessary needed to make, hopefully Yeltz TV can sum this up in their highlights tomorrow.

However that in a way killed the game and the atmosphere as Salford were able to see the game through without us creating much of a threat after this point.

So overall, on reflection maybe they just shaded it but maybe without the red card we could have got back into it and forced a draw, however we will never know. For all their money and publicity I didn't think Salford were all that and we've seen better sides down the Grove this season although fair play to our lads for raising their game and giving it a good go tonight.

In regards to the attendance - 746?! No way, have a day off there was at least nearly a thousand there!!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 16 Mar 2016, 08:03

Can't defend Asa, but I get the feeling had that challenge been made on a Saturday against Marine (for example) in front of 300/400 people, it'd have just been a yellow.

Nonetheless what a ridiculous challenge from such a solid player, arguably the player of the season, their lad was going no where!

Echo the comments about how well we played. I thought early second half we battered them and were unlucky not to be 1-0 up.

I don't get the hype surrounding them, tbh. Tin pot club, why do shit clubs always attract investment?

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 16 Mar 2016, 15:16

RaidenYeltz wrote:
I don't get the hype surrounding them, tbh. Tin pot club, why do sh*t clubs always attract investment?
It is only because the BBC are in Salford and who some of the owners are and were.

I think it is harsh for you to call them tin pot and s!!t though! The club had (and still does I believe) a few hard working fans who do a lot of the match day stuff and maintenance.

As not there for game I can't comment on Salford players performance but some of the results of late suggest that the money thrown at the team has not bought them the success yet. But they are still in the mix.

Hope the Grove (a proper ground) gets some coverage in the BBC documentary.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 16 Mar 2016, 17:20

dalevillain wrote:
In regards to the attendance - 746?! No way, have a day off there was at least nearly a thousand there!!
I agree, there seemed far more than that. Having said that, one or two attendances earlier in the season have been larger than I reckoned, which could just be my estimation.

If the manual pencil and paper tally mark system in evidence at the turnstiles is used to calculate the attendances, then that will definitely be prone to error; although then again, it shouldn't be out by as many as that.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 16 Mar 2016, 18:50

Yeltz TV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 17 Mar 2016, 09:33

Having seen the highlights.

Asa's foot was high not sure he made that much contact as their player rolled and rolled. However, our MOTM for many games this season did not need to make that tackle in their half. But in the heat of a game he probably just made the wrong decision. Not knocking Asa as I say he has been a trooper all season.

Worry is after Stourbr*dge he will be out for three games.

But a BIG WELL DONE to the whole team.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 17 Mar 2016, 11:00

I've deleted a couple of posts from this thread.

Anybody saying things along the lines of "they've fiddled the gate" is laying themself open to be sued for accusing someone of fraud.

Regardless of your personal opinions, I'd advise against posting stuff that heads that way unless you have all the proof that you'll want to rely upon in court.

If anyone who thinks that they've been libelled comes to me with a legal request to tell them who a forumista is, I'll tell them immediately rather than getting my ass in court as well.

Think before you type, people.