Blyth Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Blyth Updates

Post by Wheels » 12 Mar 2016, 17:13

An excellent result and I have to admit completely unexpected also an outstanding six minute plus commentary spell from Rob on Black Country radio! One slight concern is the number of injuries we potentially may have sustained but nonetheless a cracking result well done to all!

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 12 Mar 2016, 17:16

GET IN.

Highlights out tomorrow lunchtime as always.
Yeltz TV

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Mar 2016, 17:18

DanielRolinson wrote:GET IN.

Looking forward to this one!
Also were on page 4 with no moans yet. ;)

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 12 Mar 2016, 17:22

andy wrote:
DanielRolinson wrote:GET IN.

Looking forward to this one!
Also were on page 4 with no moans yet. ;)
I'll moan about the fact I'm awaiting to edit the footage when the coach gets back, if that counts? ;)

Can't wait to get this one uploaded for everyone!
Yeltz TV

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 12 Mar 2016, 17:38

Fantastic result - well done to all!
I believe their fans were getting quite animated - I do hope they were sporting and non-abusive in their comments. ::)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Mar 2016, 17:42

lutleyyeltz wrote:Fantastic result - well done to all!
I believe their fans were getting quite animated - I do hope they were sporting and non-abusive in their comments. ::)
Tut, tut. Heaven forbid.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 12 Mar 2016, 18:04

Back home considerably earlier than everyone else I expect.

No idea what you lot have been moaning about all season :D

Excellent performance today. Very good defending all through the team, maximum effort from every player and just enough quality when we had the ball to cause their shaky defence problems. We rode our luck at times and they missed a couple of decent chances, but we hung on for a memorable victory.

Unbelievably good save from Platty in the last minute. From the other end it looked in all the way, but somehow he got across at full stretch and kept it out.

Quality day out as usual at Blyth, and hopefully (for me!) that'll dent their title hopes so they stay in our league for another season.

Safe journey home everyone else!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 12 Mar 2016, 18:52

Great result! Let's complete an unexpected double on Tuesday.
If Skem can do it then so can we.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 12 Mar 2016, 22:59

A great performance today from the whole team. Platty's outstanding last minute save will no doubt get the headlines but every single player played their part in a superb win. A very partisan home ground certainly did their best to influence the referee but he held strong as did our defensive line. To a man the lads put bodies on the line, blocked every shot, won every second ball and contested every first ball brilliantly.

Blyth had one tactic, feed the ball out to their excellent wide players Wearmouth and Dale however John Hill's 4-4-2 formation negated their wide players and we quickly got wise to their cross field passes to nullify their threat. We actually started the better of the teams and it wasn't until Wearmouth and Dale switched wings that they started to come into the game. Two first half injuries didn't help us, Griff went off at around 25 minutes and Brad Lewis took his position with Luke Connlly coming on at RB, then a few minutes before half time Brad himself looked to have picked up a thigh/groin problem and he had to come off much to the disgust of the home crowd who thought it was a timewasting ploy. Yeltz tried to get through the last couple of minutes with 10 to try and patch Brad up at half time but he came off with only a minute of the half to go for Dan Sweeney. We managed to see out the half at 0-1. Our goal coming when Bragoli won the ball on the edge of our area. The home side thought it should have been a penalty, but the ref was having none of it, whilst they were complaining we capitalised by playing them on the break before Anderson and Clarke moved neatly into the area and combined well for the impressive Clarke to score

Half time gave the the management a chance to organise things, Ashley Parsons-Smith dropped back to right back and Luke Connolly remained at LB. Melvin protecting Connlly and Sweeney in front of Parsons-Smith. With our full backs not being so familiar with those positions and arguably their best two players on the wings I expected a tough second half. Blyth persisted in trying to play to the wings but Connolly and Parsons-Smith were outstanding in denying them space and time, when they did manage to get balls into the area Morrison and Asa headed everything.

As the score remained at 0-1 the more frustrated the home crowd got, however I thought our game management was superb. We won most of the second balls, and played the ball into Clarke upfront to hold up. When fouled we took our time, ran the clock down and played sensibly throughout. Kaiman came off for the last 20 and Forsyth came on to give us more legs in midfield. The last ten minutes were certainly backs to the wall, Forsyth himself took a couple of knocks, and despite players playing out of position we held firm. Every player contributed today, tactics spot on, effort superb, energy levels brilliant and clever game management. The standard has been set on today's performance, with the knocks being carried I reckon The Phys will be the busiest man about before Tuesday.

What a great awayday! 460 miles and 3 points at the top of the league team!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 13 Mar 2016, 00:22

Thanks for the summary Rob, must of been a tremendous away day ! Well done lads, lets upset some more high fliers on Tuesday !