Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Mar 2016, 13:58

Yeltz27 wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:Bizarre, or not, it's reality!
P.S. A super game which I enjoyed immensely, with my pals.Bravo! Hoorah!
Embarrassing. You can forget the sarcasm as well.

I would like to point you to a section on the FOTG website. The following is listed under some of their aims

*To promote and maintain the history and independence of Halesowen Town FC within the local community and beyond and in doing so, encourage the club to ensure it appreciates and welcomes its supporters.

*To increase the opportunities and ways in which supporters of HTFC can express their affiliation with, and actively support Halesowen Town FC.

*To give a voice to those supporters of Halesowen Town FC.

*To campaign on behalf of the members of Halesowen Town FC.

Do these aims apply to all fans or just the ones that agree and conform? Welcomes its supporters? Give a voice to those supporters? Yes you do to the ones that agree with the clique. To be fair to Rob, we have had long exchanges about what happens at the club and he does give an awful lot of time. But I think some of the posts I've received on here over the past couple of years, don't fall under the above. The FOTG, in my opinion is not fulfilling the aims it has set out above. Fantastic at doing the ground, but are you a working party or a supporters association? If it is the latter, then it is something you need to consider
I think the Yeltz is a great place to watch footy. Generally it's a welcoming place. You'll always get the odd idiot who's had a few being viciforous to the ref (usually me) but compare us to say, Skelmersdale or Kings Lynn, we're so much more welcoming.

I don't think it's right to abuse referees / players but in the heat of the moment you do, don't you?

Football is a passionate sport. You get caught up. Passion is expressed in many a way. As I said I don't excuse any form of abuse, but surely if you're a player, manager or ref, you should at least be open minded that if you don't perform, you'll get abused.

It doesn't make it right or acceptable but you should expect it and learn to deal with it.

If players, managers or refs can't deal with it, then IMO they should move away from the sport and find another job / hobby. That's just the nature of the beast.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Mar 2016, 14:34

RaidenYeltz wrote:
I don't think it's right to abuse referees / players but in the heat of the moment you do, don't you?
No I don't!

I don't understand the references to other teams either. Millwall for example. I lived next to the New Den for two years so I know all about Milwall fans. But why use them as an example, or any other club for that matter, it's just like let's use the worst fans and say well we will never be that bad so it's all ok, don't worry about it
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 08 Mar 2016, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Mar 2016, 14:56

Yeltz27 wrote: I don't understand the references to other teams either. Milwall for example. I lived next to the New Den for two years so I know all about Milwall fans.
I'm impressed that you lived next to the New Den for two years and still don't know how to spell Millwall.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 08 Mar 2016, 15:58

Is anyone else losing the will to live?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 08 Mar 2016, 16:59

Lost it a long time ago HH...

There seems to be one common denomination in nearly every single thread that goes on the forum.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 08 Mar 2016, 17:10

Never mind, Changes will be along soon to add his blend of erudition and altruism *. Then our delight can be complete

* he produced a DVD once, but was far too modest to mention it

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 08 Mar 2016, 17:56

It looks like there's gonna be a rush to get in that cage.

I'm off to New Rd to enjoy some sporting discussion.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 08 Mar 2016, 18:52

Can any committee or association really cater for every one of its members wishes?

One man's bap is another man's roll.

I think the association has done very well since its inception less than 12 months ago at both ground maintenance and listening to its members.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 08 Mar 2016, 18:58

There is a Twitter post from a Blyth Spartans fan looking forward to receiving us on Saturday and welcoming our fans, many comments I read from opposition fans speak highly of our fans, whether you agree or disagree with this banter you'll never stop it.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 08 Mar 2016, 19:40

wednesburystokie wrote:Can any committee or association really cater for every one of its members wishes?

One man's bap is another man's roll.

I think the association has done very well since its inception less than 12 months ago at both ground maintenance and listening to its members.
It's a fucking cob.