Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by yeltz85 » 07 Mar 2016, 10:47

Dave,

In terms of a possible solution, maybe we should have one of these at the ground? Therefore we can put folk like Yeltz27 & others in to keep them away from other peoples harm? ;) ;) ;)
RTpXEhg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 07 Mar 2016, 12:09

Can I volunteer to go in it?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 07 Mar 2016, 13:06

Haha! You may indeed Chas. :-)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 07 Mar 2016, 18:52

I'm sure that by no means is The Grove the worst place in the NPL for either the abuse(?) of referees, or opposition players.
Referees, surely, are aware that their chosen role will attract nearly 100% criticism from home fans, in particular. Society is a little less gentle and refined than some would like - if any out there have been in the military, then abuse and bullying are a part of the status quo. You may not like it but get used to it, it's not going to alter any time soon.
The days of rattles, rosettes and applauding the opposition are long gone.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 07 Mar 2016, 20:14

lutleyyeltz wrote:Society is a little less gentle and refined than some would like - if any out there have been in the military, then abuse and bullying are a part of the status quo. You may not like it but get used to it
Is this for real? 'Get used to it', I can't believe what I'm reading. You choose one career as an example where abuse takes place, why is that acceptable by the way and what are you trying to do exactly?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 07 Mar 2016, 23:36

lutleyyeltz wrote:Society is a little less gentle and refined than some would like - if any out there have been in the military, then abuse and bullying are a part of the status quo. You may not like it but get used to it, it's not going to alter any time soon.
The days of rattles, rosettes and applauding the opposition are long gone.
A post-match thread that started on a good performance along with some bad behaviour from Platt ends up with Millwall and a bizarre anachronistic military analogy! General Kitchener would've been proud. :o

Anyway, Millwall had a very good team in the 80s.. ;)

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 08 Mar 2016, 09:03

Bizarre, or not, it's reality!
P.S. A super game which I enjoyed immensely, with my pals.Bravo! Hoorah!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 08 Mar 2016, 09:29

Yeltz27 wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:Society is a little less gentle and refined than some would like - if any out there have been in the military, then abuse and bullying are a part of the status quo. You may not like it but get used to it
Is this for real? 'Get used to it', I can't believe what I'm reading. You choose one career as an example where abuse takes place, why is that acceptable by the way and what are you trying to do exactly?
Go to Villa Park at the moment and I am sure you will hear praise, compliments and general good behavior from the stands. All good and Rosy there at the moment.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Mar 2016, 13:33

lutleyyeltz wrote:Bizarre, or not, it's reality!
P.S. A super game which I enjoyed immensely, with my pals.Bravo! Hoorah!
Embarrassing. You can forget the sarcasm as well.

I would like to point you to a section on the FOTG website. The following is listed under some of their aims

*To promote and maintain the history and independence of Halesowen Town FC within the local community and beyond and in doing so, encourage the club to ensure it appreciates and welcomes its supporters.

*To increase the opportunities and ways in which supporters of HTFC can express their affiliation with, and actively support Halesowen Town FC.

*To give a voice to those supporters of Halesowen Town FC.

*To campaign on behalf of the members of Halesowen Town FC.

Do these aims apply to all fans or just the ones that agree and conform? Welcomes its supporters? Give a voice to those supporters? Yes you do to the ones that agree with the clique. To be fair to Rob, we have had long exchanges about what happens at the club and he does give an awful lot of time. But I think some of the posts I've received on here over the past couple of years, don't fall under the above. The FOTG, in my opinion is not fulfilling the aims it has set out above. Fantastic at doing the ground, but are you a working party or a supporters association? If it is the latter, then it is something you need to consider

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 08 Mar 2016, 13:44

I tend to keep tabs on the NPL groups on facebook and Twitter, and the one thing that visiting fans consistently comment upon is what a nice place Halesowen is to visit (result aside) and how welcoming and friendly we are. There is no mention of "abuse" or hostility. Even the big games such as FC United and The Number 9 have gone very smoothly despite the large gates and big occasion. Colin makes a point of this in his recent interview.

The same can't be said of all teams in this league; there are a few that are generally seen as less pleasant. I thought the travelling support of Ilson on the weekend were a bit antagonistic at times- I'm not sure why a group of them chose to walk half way round the ground to come and be lairy in The Shed (a fact that seems to have been overlooked by Yeltz27's trained eye). 8)