Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by wednesburystokie » 06 Mar 2016, 20:49

On his Twitter Jordan has tweeted only a sprained ankle, nothing serious, that's good news

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 06 Mar 2016, 20:55

wednesburystokie wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:
wednesburystokie wrote:Why would I need, or wish to ask someone such a trivial and nonsensical question?

I merely commented that the fact that the young lads upset may well have also been because of his forthcoming potential transfer, but of course you are perfectly entitled to put your spin on any comment you wish, which is becoming quite the norm post match.

*posted as Dave Hawley, not under any other guise*
What's the point of putting your name? We know who you are, just as you know who I am
On the contrary Mr. 27 I have no idea who you are, I put my little caveat on there because on a couple of our past ping pong events you have accused me of bias as I was connected to the Supporters Association.

I would seriously like to know your thoughts on how we can stop officials and opposing players / fans being abused?

It's easy to come on here and be critical, as you are, after almost every game, without proposing how your club could deal with the problem.
That's very odd considering we've exchanged messages on pm on here where I've told you my name and you then added me on Facebook.

The abuse should stop, but if people prefer to ignore it and just say I am moaning, well, we won't get anywhere will we. I've not seen one person come and back me up regarding the referees abuse, I've not seen one person back me up on the abuse to the kid yesterday. If people don't see it as a problem, how is it ever supposed to change. It's easier to just say I'm moaning than actually address it. Maybe the first step would be those standing next to those doing it and those who are the friends of those responsible, telling them to stop

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 06 Mar 2016, 21:06

I've just checked through all my PM's which admittedly aren't many, and there are none from yourself.

If you'd care to check and tell me which topic we discussed then of course I'll recheck and apologise for my errors if necessary.

As for Facebook if we have mutual friends, especially to any of the club's I'm involved in then I'll add you, but again you don't ring a bell sorry.

Back on track, and yes I do agree with you about abuse given to injured players, maybe not so officials, but it's impossible to police.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 06 Mar 2016, 21:22

wednesburystokie wrote:I've just checked through all my PM's which admittedly aren't many, and there are none from yourself.

If you'd care to check and tell me which topic we discussed then of course I'll recheck and apologise for my errors if necessary.

As for Facebook if we have mutual friends, especially to any of the club's I'm involved in then I'll add you, but again you don't ring a bell sorry.

Back on track, and yes I do agree with you about abuse given to injured players, maybe not so officials, but it's impossible to police.
Well, I'll tell you again, I'm Matt. I haven't hidden that fact. Of course people pick on my username and say I hide behind it, but doesn't everybody? Johnc, robyeltz, piearce9....they are all usernames (sorry to use those examples by the way)

Thank you for agreeing on the injured players abuse. It would be easier to police if the people stood around the people doing it were actually bothered by it. I'm a one man band, I know that and can't do anything on my own. But I don't think I'm moaning for no reason or just for the sake of it

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 06 Mar 2016, 21:27

Yeltz27 wrote:Johnc, robyeltz, piearce9....they are all usernames (sorry to use those examples by the way)
piearce9 is my real name. My parents were big Steve Piearce fans.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 06 Mar 2016, 21:53

piearce9 wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:Johnc, robyeltz, piearce9....they are all usernames (sorry to use those examples by the way)
piearce9 is my real name. My parents were big Steve Piearce fans.
he was a cracking player and gained my first ever player of the season vote

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 07 Mar 2016, 07:50

Wheels wrote: he was a cracking player and gained my first ever player of the season vote
You're damn right there. We had one season where he scored 31, and Evran Wright got 28. Not a bad partnership!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Mar 2016, 09:39

So, come on now everybody, lets all pull together. Next game upon the first bad challenge on a Town player a rousing "spiffing good tackle that young man" would not go amiss, possibly followed by us throwing our hats in air. And maybe an opposition goal could be greeted with a "huzzah" and "hurrah" with polite applause.
Christ 27, were hardly 80's Millwall.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 07 Mar 2016, 09:43

Come on here to read the post match comments... Expected to see lots of positive comments and Yeltz27 moaning and I wasn't disappointed.

We played very well again, team spirit seems to be pulling through and its great to see...

Stone Wall Penalty at 2:00mins on the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dTEV6eA-nE

Onwards and Upwards. John Hill is a magician. ;D

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 07 Mar 2016, 10:36

andy wrote:So, come on now everybody, lets all pull together. Next game upon the first bad challenge on a Town player a rousing "spiffing good tackle that young man" would not go amiss, possibly followed by us throwing our hats in air. And maybe an opposition goal could be greeted with a "huzzah" and "hurrah" with polite applause.
Christ 27, were hardly 80's Millwall.
I keep hearing about 80s Milwall but am struggling to see why that makes it acceptable