Ilkeston Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by andy » 09 Mar 2016, 18:22

PS. I've been coming as long as you and don't see new people attending as a clique. Without new blood putting in time and effort to replace the previous generation the club would die on its feet. In fact it nearly did......

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Mar 2016, 19:20

PPS. To destroy what little credibility I have left in your eyes, I used to love our early 90s chant about the referree being a w*nker, because we sang it in Bulgarian. ;D
Doc, whatever happened to the Vulgar Bulgar?
I know I've asked you before but cant remember ::) .

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 09 Mar 2016, 19:29

Lord alone knows.
He's either dead in a ditch somewhere or Bulgarian Foreign Minister.
Both of these outcomes are equally likely.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 09 Mar 2016, 19:30

Yeltz27 wrote:I will not be posting on here again. I am extremely disappointed by posts from a couple of people who I thought would have known better. There is a tiny clique that have taken over the club and it will be very interesting to see whether their loyalty remains when John Hill does eventually depart. There's always an excuse or a reason, or its somebody else's fault, or don't worry, there are worse clubs out there.

I am sure you all do think the behaviour is acceptable, but in reality it says far more about you than it does me. You only have to read the content of one or two peoples posts to see what type of people I've been battling against. By all means carry on as you are, but it's silly to just repeatedly ignore any criticism.

And I genuinely, honestly don't think the Grove used to be like this. If fan abuse wasn't an issue the FA wouldn't bother with a Respect campaign. Things like homophobia (which I have heard at the Grove) and referee abuse fall under their charter.

To suggest that football isn't for me is just beyond laughable Andy, and is another way of just turning it back on me. I've been going for 22 years, it's part of my life. Why should I stop going just because a new clique have arrived? I've seen many changes at the Grove and the Villa and we can always live in the hope that things will change, and inevitably they will one day. And if you are concerned about neutrals thinking you look bad, well, if it didn't happen in the first place then nobody could say anything about it. So you've only got yourselves to blame there if you are concerned about that.

Remember, it's always easier to blame somebody else than actually take responsibility for anything. Ever since my initial post about the fitness, that has been a recurring pattern.

Matt
I don't agree with what you post, at times, but this forum wouldn't be half as entertaining without you!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 09 Mar 2016, 22:15

andy wrote:PS. I've been coming as long as you and don't see new people attending as a clique. Without new blood putting in time and effort to replace the previous generation the club would die on its feet. In fact it nearly did......
Spot on ! But to go further it would be nice if the old cliques unite with the new cliques and help this great football club together, with your experience and passion you still have for this club things could be great. We do all have one thing in common and that is OUR football club.