Buxton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Buxton Updates

Post by piearce9 » 20 Feb 2016, 18:23

I get the impression that Yeltz TV might not get a great view of the pen from the Harry Rudge, but from the Shed you can see him buying it. Ran into the defender (who didn't challenge from what I could see) and sprawled himself on the floor.

I thought the Blyth pen in the last home game was legit and I said that at the time. I'm (hopefully) wise enough to call it when we do wrong. But a stronger ref would have waved that away today.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Feb 2016, 19:02

piearce9 wrote:I get the impression that Yeltz TV might not get a great view of the pen from the Harry Rudge, but from the Shed you can see him buying it. Ran into the defender (who didn't challenge from what I could see) and sprawled himself on the floor.

I thought the Blyth pen in the last home game was legit and I said that at the time. I'm (hopefully) wise enough to call it when we do wrong. But a stronger ref would have waved that away today.
But he pulled him down didn't he? And none of the Yeltz players protested which is a massive sign it was stone wall. I'm sure all players in the box try and 'buy' penalties but that doesn't mean it wasn't one. The referee did what I expected him to do because it was a penalty and I was standing a lot closer than those in the shed

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 20 Feb 2016, 19:12

Yeltz 27- after last weeks game you said you were 'genuinely appalled' and wouldn't be visiting The Grove again until something changed.

So, as you clearly saw the penalty, as you were stood by the dugouts, and I said hello to you in the ground, it seems that you are just being negative for the sake of it!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it's so bad why do you pay to attend? You surely don't get any enjoyment from it?

It wasn't great but a points a point...

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Feb 2016, 19:19

Johnny Bud wrote:Yeltz 27- after last weeks game you said you were 'genuinely appalled' and wouldn't be visiting The Grove again until something changed.

So, as you clearly saw the penalty, as you were stood by the dugouts, and I said hello to you in the ground, it seems that you are just being negative for the sake of it!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it's so bad why do you pay to attend? You surely don't get any enjoyment from it?

It wasn't great but a points a point...
You evidently mistook my identity as you said hello to my dad, who is not controversial in the slightest. If you said hello to me and I missed it, I'm sorry.

I'm not being negative for the sake of it, I'm saying what I saw. I'm not happy, I thought the attitude of the owner last week was genuinely appalling. But I've been going for 20+ years and I've got a free Saturday afternoon so did what I always do if I'm here, and went to the Grove. I pay because despite being unhappy, just like you, it's a big part of mine and my families lives

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 20 Feb 2016, 19:30

It wasn't mistaken identity- I did say hello to you as well. Apology accepted ;) ;D

I don't think anyone who has been around the club for years thinks things are particularly great at the moment but, in my personal opinion, they also aren't (yet) as bad as they have been...

I just hope we get through this season, stay up, and that things change / improve next season!

Anyway, Y27, enjoy the rest of the season- it could be worse- you could be a Villa fan as well ;) ;)

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Feb 2016, 19:36

Johnny Bud wrote:It wasn't mistaken identity- I did say hello to you as well. Apology accepted ;) ;D

I don't think anyone who has been around the club for years thinks things are particularly great at the moment but, in my personal opinion, they also aren't (yet) as bad as they have been...

I just hope we get through this season, stay up, and that things change / improve next season!

Anyway, Y27, enjoy the rest of the season- it could be worse- you could be a Villa fan as well ;) ;)
Ok, sorry I missed that!

I've given up on the Villa, it's been dreadful all season.

Yes I hope we stay up this season obviously, but something has got to give somewhere in the future because we can't keep on and on. I don't post negatively because I want to, I want to post positively, believe me!

Anyway, let's hope the Villa get Gary Rowett in the summer!

Ps. It's always Buxton-it was the away trip last season that created the furore!

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 20 Feb 2016, 19:41

I've watched the penalty back and it was a foul. It was soft in my opinion but Lewis pulls at his shirt and then pushes him. Couple of freeze frames of it here, not the best angle though as you said.

http://postimg.org/image/7e67h6fi1/
http://postimg.org/image/x8g06yfi1/
Yeltz TV

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 20 Feb 2016, 19:47

Hands off Mr Rowett!!

I thought a draw was pretty fair today. Platty played well, and I also liked the look of 'new bloke' but they possibly / probably had the better chances!

Oh well, on to next week. Y27, if you're there I will come and say hello- hopefully the yeltz and the blues will be winning and the Villa... Well it's obvious what they will be doing....

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Feb 2016, 19:50

Johnny Bud wrote:Hands off Mr Rowett!!

I thought a draw was pretty fair today. Platty played well, and I also liked the look of 'new bloke' but they possibly / probably had the better chances!

Oh well, on to next week. Y27, if you're there I will come and say hello- hopefully the yeltz and the blues will be winning and the Villa... Well it's obvious what they will be doing....
Platt did play well yes. I agree! Yes hoping to make next Saturday so will see you then

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 21 Feb 2016, 02:40

It seems like the secret mystery of who really is 'Yeltz27' is finally being resolved.

You have provided some great entertainment (and somewhat debate) over the past year and a half on the forum, would be great to finally meet you in person!