Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Buxton Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 20 Feb 2016, 16:50

Full time: 1.1

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Feb 2016, 17:06

It's hard to know what to say. Other than the fantastic effort that hit the bar, and the own goal, the Yeltz created very little. Buxton were poor too, but we were better than last week. We don't sustain any pressure because most of the time the ball is airbound in the hope that somebody will run on to it or the opposition defenders make a mistake. And even then most of the time the long balls just go out of play anyway. I wouldn't mind if it was purposeful long balls that are aimed somewhere, but they aren't, so we rarely have control of the game, if ever.
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 20 Feb 2016, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by venki » 20 Feb 2016, 17:10

Looked like a very soft penalty from where I was standing, but then again we didn't do enough second half to win it.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 20 Feb 2016, 17:24

Well I thought we deserved the win, and credit to the lads for a good performance under pressure. I too had a perfect view of the pen and it was soft. I couldn't believe the ref gave it.

New bloke looked lively. He came close twice; the second effort was a fine save from the keeper. Despite the criticism, there were some good passages of play in the first half. It's disappointing to let the lead slip, but I think without the ref being a donut, then we'd have got 3 points.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 20 Feb 2016, 17:35

piearce9 wrote:Well I thought we deserved the win, and credit to the lads for a good performance under pressure. I too had a perfect view of the pen and it was soft. I couldn't believe the ref gave it.

New bloke looked lively. He came close twice; the second effort was a fine save from the keeper. Despite the criticism, there were some good passages of play in the first half. It's disappointing to let the lead slip, but I think without the ref being a donut, then we'd have got 3 points.
I knew somebody would say the Yeltz deserved to win but I am struggling to see how. Buxton had the clearer cut chances and a couple more of them (and that's not saying a lot). I also can't really see what the referee did wrong but that's a usual response when we don't win. I am sure lots more will agree with you though! The penalty was soft but only because there was no real reason to bring the man down in the first place. From where I was standing, which was close to the away dugout, it looked like a penalty to me

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Feb 2016, 17:59

A draw was fair. Both sides had chances and both keepers responded. Penalty was soft but he was pushed. I actually think in the swirling wind we haven't done badly today.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 20 Feb 2016, 18:05

I refrained from posting last week, pretty much because it was a very poor performance and I think most of the things that needed to be said had been said anyway.

Today, from the start we seemed fired up for it and were a lot more positive going forward and deservedly went ahead with the own goal from a free kick.

We should have had a second goal when I think it was Sweeney played a ball back and ended up lobbing the keeper where he touched the ball into the net. Dubious decision maybe and was not given but to me should have been a goal.

Buxton came back into it and we had to rely on Platt to make some good saves and Sweeney had a cracking effort that rattled the bar and their keeper made another great save as well as we couldn't get the second goal.

Inevitably though they got the penalty and equalised, can't really comment on the decision as I was in the Shed so look forward to viewing again on Yeltz TV when the highlights are uploaded.

In the end we had to settle for the 'standard' 1-1 draw which was disappointing as I felt we'd possibly done enough to win the game.

Overall though it was a damned sight better than last weeks performance with more endeavour and commitment show and have to say it was one of the more excitable games seen down The Grove this season, and another point to safety. This season can't finish quick enough as far as I'm concerned!
Last edited by dalevillain on 20 Feb 2016, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 20 Feb 2016, 18:08

Yeltz27 wrote: I knew somebody would say the Yeltz deserved to win but I am struggling to see how. Buxton had the clearer cut chances and a couple more of them (and that's not saying a lot). I also can't really see what the referee did wrong but that's a usual response when we don't win. I am sure lots more will agree with you though! The penalty was soft but only because there was no real reason to bring the man down in the first place. From where I was standing, which was close to the away dugout, it looked like a penalty to me
A mundane afternoon of two poor teams. I think we were marginally better in the first half but that really doesn't say much. That being said, the New bloke showed potential and gave a bit of inspiration partnering Cayman, to a team certainly lacking in the idea of quality attacking football. However, I don't believe they are entirely to blame for that.

Teams around us have between 1 and 4 games in hand of us, 5 if you count Marine. I think at the very least, once safety has been guaranteed, it's about time we go back to the drawing board, because something needs to change.