Buxton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Buxton Updates

Post by juanillo » 21 Feb 2016, 19:16

Penalty yes. Griff foul yes booking no, though if it were for accumulation of fouls the ref should indicate. I was surprised crowd was over 400.

Draw was about right; still need a couple of wins and a couple of draws.

I think Rammy, Stamford and Colwyn Bay are going to struggle to catch up and Hyde would be my other tip for the drop.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 21 Feb 2016, 19:21

Yeltz27 wrote:
RobYeltz wrote:After 4 consecutive defeats, player confidence fragile, style of play, and player abilities being questioned, bickering between folk and a new young lad upfront I don't think we were ever going to produce a performance akin to Brazil 1970 but thankfully the rot has been stopped. On another day I thought we might have won or lost the game so a draw was probably about right, with both keepers making crucial saves for their respective teams.

The ref I thought was weak and inconsistent, he gave things that he shouldn't and didn't give things he should. Griff's booking was a farce. The penalty looked soft and he went down pretty easy under some contact. From my Shed End view I thought it was harsh but will await Yeltz TV's coverage.
Sweeney I thought looked excellent and he was unlucky on a couple of occasions to not open his account with a debut goal. Whilst the performance level and result is maybe not what anyone wanted it was a vast improvement on the week previous Nantwich. I'm not sure it's much of a help or a hindrance that we play Buxton again next week, but I see no reason why we can't go there and get at least a point. Hopefully we'll have a decent Yeltz following make the trip.
I still think it was a penalty. Just because it might have been soft, and we might not like it doesn't necessarily mean the referee got the decision wrong. If you make contact like that in the box you run the risk.....and I've been to enough games to know that as soon as he went down what the decision was going to be.

Also, and this is a genuine question before anybody thinks I am winding people up, can somebody explain to me why Griffiths' foul wasn't a booking. I've watched it a few times and to my eyes it looks like he deliberately steps across to block the player. How anybody could say 'he didn't touch him' like on the commentary is beyond me. Maybe the booking wasn't just for that but for a few collective things during the game?

Mate I said on the commentary "he didn't touch him" because that's what happened, he didn't touch him, the player Bembo-Lita burst forward, anticipated a challenge from Griff, Griff realised he wasn't going to get the ball and didn't challenge. I was to the right of where it was filmed so I had the perfect view, I haven't commented about Buxton's penalty as my view wasn't as good as the incident with Griff, however from what I did see if you give Buxton that penalty you can give 2 penalties to us both fouls committed by their captain Greg Young, one looked a blatant shove.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 21 Feb 2016, 19:25

Yeltz27 wrote:When somebody comes on here and says yes it is the same and it should stop, I will shut up.
Yes it is the same and it should stop.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 22 Feb 2016, 23:06

Yeltz27 wrote:When somebody comes on here and says yes it is the same and it should stop, I will shut up. It's equally as bad as what happened to the players last week, so Johnc for example, if you were so inclined to go and tell the culprit last week to his face, do the same about this with the referees. Abuse is abuse
Not sure why you bring me into this, mistaken identity. I was behind the goal on Saturday. Don't think I shouted any nasties and normally don't at the ref.

I did ask the ref after the game to watch Yeltz TV highlights to see how he was conned with penalty. Did not give us one when Kaimen was fouled in area.

I did ask him in bar if he had his whistle for valentines day (with a smile) he replied "it was heart shaped" in banter.

8)

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 23 Feb 2016, 11:27

Johnc, not mistaken identity. I put that because last week you were disgusted by the abuse the players received. You mentioned that 'I went and told that person to his face what I thought'. So my point is, if you were so disgusted by that, why not go and tell the people who abuse the referees and the opposition as well, like you did last week? You, like many others were incensed last week quite rightly, but I've never seen you or anybody else say they are disappointed by the other forms of abuse, it's always 'it's banter'. Why is it different?