Nantwich Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Nantwich Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Feb 2016, 21:54

I can only echo Stokesy's comments. If you have a problem with Steve then go and speak to him at the games. If you have a problem with John Hill go and speak to him after the game. Both are approachable, and both will say it as it is. I don't believe in airing your dirty linen in public but also feel folk have the right of reply as appropriate too.

As for the game, we were well beaten. We had two shots at goal all game and over the last few away games by my reckoning we've had a shot at goal for every 150 miles travelled at the away games at Workington, Whitby and now Nantwich. Dan Platt made a fine return in goal and without his keeping and a couple of headers over the bar it could have been 5/6 goals. It isn't good enough compared to where we've been in the past I agree. The thing that concerns me is that last season teams had to work bloody hard to get anything from Halesowen and knew they had to work a damn site harder than us to get even a point, this season we've made it far too easy for too many teams, too many games have been lost within an hour of the game and we've not had the quality to compete. Is it the ability of the players, is it the fitness? I guess only John, Matt and Kev could really answer that. The thing that strikes me is that today we had defenders on the bench and a goalkeeper when John made the decision to go with both Taylor and Anderson, we couldn't bring another forward player on as we didn't have one and the bench wasn't filled with the absences of Westwood, Parsons-Smith and the new lad Edimo who looked promising on Tuesday.

As a supporter like many I am disappointed about the performance, I'm annoyed at how the season hasn't really got going, I'm gutted that once again we've lost players to them lot up the road. The lack of kit today, and borrowing from the opposition really sums up the game from me. It was disorganised, ineffective, and not good enough. Was it through the lack of effort from the players - no. (Jay Denny actually came over to us as soon as the whistle was blown to apologise for the performance and I respect that, however my words to him were that whilst I appreciated his honesty and integrity there were 14 players out there today who could have done better) Could things be better off the pitch? - Damn right they could. However, as fans what are we going to do about it? Sit on our arses and moan about it until our keyboards can take no more whilst in the process personally abuse people or get off those arses and do something about it? Tonight there are supporters, players, management and an owner all hurting, and change is needed to a degree to help move things forward, however there is a right way and wrong way to do it, aren't we all meant to be on the same side? Ranting over social media and this forum minutes after a game is over is only going to provoke a reaction when tensions are high.

Finally, let me state clearly, I don't think anyone is beyond criticism, John, Steve or whoever, things aren't going well at the moment, but as SUPPORTERS we need to do our bit to help move things forward, we need to SUPPORT those players in our shirt. We're all hurting, be we need to be as one and quit this stupid, unnecessary, point scoring arguments.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Feb 2016, 21:54

I've had more than my share of disagreements with Raiden in the past but of late I generally agree with his sentiments. We are a club in decline, the last 12 months has been very, very poor. A person in Steves position should have a bit more sense than to respond this way in my opinion. If you run a club you have to take any critisism as well as plaudits I'm afraid, and lets be honest some of the recent goings on are only going to have brought the former. A LOT of us are very fed up.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Feb 2016, 22:48

Rob, in my opinion you are wrong. I keep hearing so and so are approachable. Really? Or is it a constant excuse to keep backing them up? Why would I want to SUPPORT anybody or an organisation that behaves like that? I can't I'm afraid, and dare I say it, I support the yeltz not because of what it is now, but because I've been going my whole life (which is a hell of a lot longer than you who have supported us for 2 years)

To me, people who post what Steve Lynch did this evening are NOT approachable and don't deserve any respect at all. We obviously have different ideas of what the word 'approachable' means. I'm sorry, but I find none of the current management or owner approachable, i find them an intimidating group of people. How on earth can you excuse Steve Lynch's post to raiden? It was an absolute travesty, whatever your viewpoint. I keep getting told 'go and talk to them'. But why on earth would I? The evidence I've got is that if I did, i would be sworn at and told I'm talking rubbish. Am I being judgmental? Yes i am, but the evidence at the moment supports what I am saying sadly.

Unless Steve Lynch issues an apology for his foul language and attitude on a forum he shouldn't be posting on anyway, his position is no longer tenable and nobody can defend what is going on. It's an absolute disgrace, I'm genuinely appalled and I won't be going to the Grove again until something changes.

Do something, instead of this constant nonsense of budgets, in the manager we trust etc. If you trust the manager, give him some money! Otherwise, get somebody else who can work on this 'budget' or don't expect people to pay to watch a completely dire product. You are mugging us off if you don't change something

I support the team and will go to away games but somebody as obnoxious as our current owner doesn't deserve any support

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 14 Feb 2016, 01:28

Sccmkcyr wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Sccmkcyr wrote:Some of us are busy working at 2 so will see you in the ground.
Ive worked hard enough on your working parties mate. Where have you been?

I would stop with this bo#*cks now if I were you mate
Before you end up pushing your luck on far.
Nice way to talk to a season ticket holder.

You know where I am pre/ post Yeltz games. If you want to 'push luck'; as you say.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 14 Feb 2016, 01:31

Yeltz27 wrote:
Sccmkcyr wrote:

I would stop with this bo#*cks now if I were you mate
Before you end up pushing your luck on far.
I am sorry but this is genuinely, an absolute disgrace
Don't worry; Steve isn't the owner of HTFC.

Do a companies house search, chap. All will be revealed.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Feb 2016, 03:28

Yeltz27 wrote:Rob, in my opinion you are wrong. I keep hearing so and so are approachable. Really? Or is it a constant excuse to keep backing them up? Why would I want to SUPPORT anybody or an organisation that behaves like that? I can't I'm afraid, and dare I say it, I support the yeltz not because of what it is now, but because I've been going my whole life (which is a hell of a lot longer than you who have supported us for 2 years)

To me, people who post what Steve Lynch did this evening are NOT approachable and don't deserve any respect at all. We obviously have different ideas of what the word 'approachable' means. I'm sorry, but I find none of the current management or owner approachable, i find them an intimidating group of people. How on earth can you excuse Steve Lynch's post to raiden? It was an absolute travesty, whatever your viewpoint. I keep getting told 'go and talk to them'. But why on earth would I? The evidence I've got is that if I did, i would be sworn at and told I'm talking rubbish. Am I being judgmental? Yes i am, but the evidence at the moment supports what I am saying sadly.

Unless Steve Lynch issues an apology for his foul language and attitude on a forum he shouldn't be posting on anyway, his position is no longer tenable and nobody can defend what is going on. It's an absolute disgrace, I'm genuinely appalled and I won't be going to the Grove again until something changes.

Do something, instead of this constant nonsense of budgets, in the manager we trust etc. If you trust the manager, give him some money! Otherwise, get somebody else who can work on this 'budget' or don't expect people to pay to watch a completely dire product. You are mugging us off if you don't change something

I support the team and will go to away games but somebody as obnoxious as our current owner doesn't deserve any support

Ok, in response to your comments, clearly you've put your own spin on my words, I'll try and put it to you again so you can understand a little easier. In terms of the 'approachable' nature of the manager or Steve; as Stokesy put before, Steve doesn't hide in the background he's on the terraces, if you want to approach him to ask questions you can, John Hill is always around after games too. If you find them intimidating then of course there is little I can do about that. The fact that John Hill has contacted you to go to meet him would counter that unapproachable argument, I assume you've not been yet?

You also ask 'How can I excuse Steve's post to Raiden?' - I'd like for you to read my comments again and find where I have condoned it? If you read the bit about me saying 'airing your dirty washing' that indeed was directed at Steve AND Raiden. Public spats between fans and owners in public do nothing for the club, and I think the comments where unnecessary and uncalled for. I don't believe Steve should have responded the way he has, however, as he points out if he feels it is personal then he has the right of reply like us all.

As for your comments about giving the manager some money if you trust him? I'm not a wealthy man, if I had money to give I would, but I don't. I do however give as much time as I can to help this club and I've not missed a game this season or last. I spend money watching my team and do hours worth of work at the ground trying improve it when my work and family life allows. What difference does it make that I have only been a supporter for 2 years (even though it is 3). My time and money that I put into Halesowen Town is as good as someone like Roger or Dave who have been going for as many years as they have? Does it mean I care less about the club, does it mean that my opinion is less worthy? Whether you've been going as long as you or I does that really matter?

You really do seem to have an issue with me, and I feel that your perception is that I think everything is rosy in the garden and will back people blindly. I can see what is going on, I can see that things aren't how they should be but I'll not sit on here and slag the club off blindly, I'll go and ask questions, I'll go and put my time in to try and help the club. I'm not helping Steve Lynch I'm helping the club I love. I'm not the kind to post everything on the forum. For the record I have questioned things that have gone on at the club, I've criticised things that have happened and questioned the owner and manager about the club or the team. They've always answered my questions, and always been straight with me. If I don't like something I'll say it to them - it just doesn't need to appear on here. They respect the fact I'll question them and I respect the fact they answer me, whether I agree or not. Mistakes have been made on the pitch and off it, things can and should be better without doubt. I do support John as I know how much he gives for the club that people don't see, however that doesn't mean he is without blame for things - with respect to John if he never made a mistake he'd be managing in the football league or higher, like the players.

The one thing the club needs at the moment is for everyone to stick together, bickering between us lot and the players certainly isn't going to help turn things around.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 14 Feb 2016, 09:30

Rob, my do something comment is aimed at Steve Lynch as he is the one who can do something. That section wasn't aimed at you

I'm not saying you are condoning what he did put, but you say go and speak to him. Why would anybody want to? And you miss the fundamental point that as somebody in the position that he is at the club, Steve Lynch should not under any circumstances be behaving like that. You seem to excuse it a bit by saying he has a right of reply. He may feel he does, but not on a public fans forum and certainly not when he is abusing fans. Absolutely nothing will change my mind on that. If Steve Lynch has chosen to take a position at a football club, he has to accept the responsibilities that come with that and act accordingly. Not bully the people who pay to come and support the club. Supporting a club does not mean you have to like or support the manager and owners. I loathe Randy Lerner, but I still support the Villa.

What was also noticeable yesterday was how few Yeltz fans made the trip. There used to be a lot lot more who used to travel, so maybe some of the away support has started to turn as well

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 14 Feb 2016, 18:41

Joleon Lescott has just posted a tweet of a flash car after today's shambolic performance.

Whilst this has nothing to do with the game yesterday or the resultant forum spat, it's another misguided response from someone who's receiving criticism.

I wholly disagree when abuse gets personal, whether it's fans having a go at players , managers or referees, or players doing the same to players (like yesterday) etc and thinking it's acceptable.

However, unfortunately players just like managers and owners have a duty to rise above it , albeit at Premier League level the responsibility is even greater given the financial disparity between players and fans.

Criticism comes with the job just like praise and kudos in good times. Responses like Lescott's, just as the owner's on this forum just reflect poorly on them.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 15 Feb 2016, 07:38

I don't think anyone can defend certain comments made on here from several people.

Neither can anyone defend a drunken (being polite) so called fan having a go at the players during the game. "Villa reject". How intelligent is that? How does that encourage and motivate the players.

I have told that person to their face they should only post on social media when sober.

As for people scared to approach Steve Lynch or John Hill that says more about you than them. I have found them both to be approachable. You may not agree with their answers you also may find out things you did not know.

I am sure the majority from Steve, John and everyone else who care for the club want it to be successful.

Yes Saturday was another defeat. John and his players know that. I am sure they are trying hard to change it.

I will be there Saturday supporting the people representing my club. Anyone can support success, true support is during the difficult times.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 15 Feb 2016, 07:58

JohnC wrote:I don't think anyone can defend certain comments made on here from several people.

Neither can anyone defend a drunken (being polite) so called fan having a go at the players during the game. "Villa reject". How intelligent is that? How does that encourage and motivate the players.

I have told that person to their face they should only post on social media when sober.

As for people scared to approach Steve Lynch or John Hill that says more about you than them. I have found them both to be approachable. You may not agree with their answers you also may find out things you did not know.

I am sure the majority from Steve, John and everyone else who care for the club want it to be successful.

Yes Saturday was another defeat. John and his players know that. I am sure they are trying hard to change it.

I will be there Saturday supporting the people representing my club. Anyone can support success, true support is during the difficult times.
I totally agree about the behaviour of certain fans on Saturday. I was nearby and found it appalling. However, that doesn't in any way excuse Steve Lynch, who needs to accept his responsibilities as owner of the club. I also saw Aaron Griffiths tweets, whilst the players had every right to be upset after the abuse they received, the tweet where he says 'if you don't like it, go and watch somebody else' doesn't sit very well.

Just because I don't necessarily agree with the management or owner doesn't mean I don't support the club. What makes you think I wasn't supporting them through the difficult times when like you John, I was there on Saturday. And that's despite thinking what I am watching is complete drivel. I hate Randy Lerner, but I still support the Villa. You don't support the people, you support the club.

But somewhere John something has to give. People have had enough, look at the away support on Saturday, there were lots of people who used to go who weren't there. And just keep saying I'm supporting the club, is it really helping? Either the budget needs to be adjusted or the management needs to change because keeping it as it is, is damaging the club. And by just keep going along saying I will be there supporting the club might seem very honourable, but maybe it would benefit the club more if more people started putting a bit more pressure on. People aren't going to pay to watch this much longer and there comes a point where it can't carry on.

And finally, I am not sure who the several people you are referring to are who have made certain posts on here. I have never been abusive, used foul language etc and have merely posted opinions you don't agree with. I would also like to point out that it is John Hill who supposedly wants to meet me. I haven't said once I want to meet him, but will admit I keep switching between going and not. If you think it says more about me then fine, but don't you think John Hill should have contacted me directly instead of via other people? If he wants to meet me, he could come to me just as easily as I could go to training.