Ramsbottom Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ramsbottom Home

Post by RaidenYeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 10:36

Daniels, Reffell, Cooper and Waite all have good pace...

Just thought I'd put that out there!

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 22 Nov 2015, 11:43

Changing the subject completely here is some information I found yesterday on the new signing looking at Twitter this morning I can confirm that this is he
http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/sum ... s-martyrs/

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 11:49

Wheels wrote:Changing the subject completely here is some information I found yesterday on the new signing looking at Twitter this morning I can confirm that this is he
http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/sum ... s-martyrs/
Good work, Chris!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 15:30

Yeltz27 wrote:For me the whole thing is too cosy between the fans and the team. The drinking in the bar together etc afterwards for example means naturally that those who do won't want to upset anybody and will therefore be less inclined to be critical. Those that don't will less likely hold back. I've thought this for a long time. Obviously it's important to people that this happens but I do think it definitely nfluences peoples views on things
One of the reasons that I, along with many others love non-league football is that we are able to do exactly that which you define as wrong.
The days when the top flight footballers were approachable, both at the ground and in the street in everyday life, are long gone. Now they are treated as, and believe that they are, demi-gods and live a lifestyle far removed from the ordinary fan.
Going to The Grove on match day is, for me, a package: pre-match drinks, discuss the game, banter and opinionated humorous repartee with friends, as the game progresses.
An afternoon or evening spent this way is how I feel most regular fans would choose it to be. Of course we all want to see good football and our team winning, but I do think that non- league local football offers far more for a tenner than any of your “fancy Dan” Premiership clubs ever can.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 22 Nov 2015, 15:59

lutleyyeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:For me the whole thing is too cosy between the fans and the team. The drinking in the bar together etc afterwards for example means naturally that those who do won't want to upset anybody and will therefore be less inclined to be critical. Those that don't will less likely hold back. I've thought this for a long time. Obviously it's important to people that this happens but I do think it definitely nfluences peoples views on things
One of the reasons that I, along with many others love non-league football is that we are able to do exactly that which you define as wrong.
The days when the top flight footballers were approachable, both at the ground and in the street in everyday life, are long gone. Now they are treated as, and believe that they are, demi-gods and live a lifestyle far removed from the ordinary fan.
Going to The Grove on match day is, for me, a package: pre-match drinks, discuss the game, banter and opinionated humorous repartee with friends, as the game progresses.
An afternoon or evening spent this way is how I feel most regular fans would choose it to be. Of course we all want to see good football and our team winning, but I do think that non- league local football offers far more for a tenner than any of your “fancy Dan” Premiership clubs ever can.
You are slightly distorting what I said. I acknowledged that's it's important to people. The point I am making is simply that I think it therefore makes people overly protective and unwilling to be critical. Nowhere have I said or defined it as 'wrong"

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 16:04

OK, then - undesirable. Is that better?
I feel that your expectations as to how the club is run, and how fans and players interact, is out of kilter with the majority of those said fans.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 22 Nov 2015, 16:23

The relationship between players and fans is something that should be encouraged. Take a look at out promotion season, when Tonksy (you know, the unfit one) smashed that goal in against Loughbrough and he practically ran into the shed to celebrate. Ben10's goal away at Brigg when he scored on his return from long term injury with his eye and ran over to the fans with one hand over his eye, we responded with "He only needs one eye", it's all part of bringing togetherness. Fast forward this season, and the injury to Platty, the fans have contributed to his dental work by attending the poker night, chucking change into the buckets and donating online. Platty has been appreciative and thankful to the fans.

As mentioned elsewhere, premier ship footballers are untouchable, you can't get their autographs or photographs and for many you're not allowed to go into the training ground to ask for autographs. Non league football is different, an example being today. My lad wants the goalie kit for Christmas. He would also like to be mascot for a game as a Christmas present. Every week he watches intently Platty or Sarge being put through the warm up by Dan Watson to pick up tips as he wants to be a keeper. Every week Dan or Matt would give him a thumbs up or a high five. Today when I told my lad about Platty he was gutted, he made him a get well message with a photo of him in his goalie gloves and he's asked me if he can wait to be mascot only when Platty is back fit again.

i see your point Yeltz27 about it possibly clouding peoples judgement if they're with them for fear of upsetting them, but in my experience of the players you don't need to tell them they've had a bad game, or the result hasn't been great - they know that for themselves. Often when players have been beat and they walk in the bar or walk off the pitch that is when they need the support and encouragement most, it's easy to applaud them off the pitch when we've won. In my opinion it isn't our job as supporters to criticise players, we are SUPPORTers, it is John, Matt and Kevs job to do that as they know far more about football than any of us.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 22 Nov 2015, 16:38

Have to totally agree with Rob here. The interaction between players (and staff) and supporters is what makes non-league what it is. Last year when a friend of mines lad was mascot - he also loved goalies- Sarg, (helped by Guesty and Trev Burroughs) sorted lots of stuff out for the lad and made it a day he will never forget. I count some of our ex-players as good friends and keep in contact with them. I think that's what made losing Trev, Kristian and Tonks so hard for some people- we expected them to be fixtures for years.

And now Platty is injured, we could always look at Lee Joinson who is doing a great job in goal for Yeltz Bar FC aged 50 odd!! ;D ;D

HurstGreenHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by HurstGreenHTFC » 22 Nov 2015, 18:05

Having read the last few threads with interest over the past weeks its great to see that debate and opinions can be expressed amongst each other about the football club.
I'd like to understand what the long term view is - surely its to be as successful as possible within the limited resources we have and enjoy a social gathering with friends on match days where hopefully attractive football can be played at this level.
Having been heavily involved with the club in the past 18 months I can see things from both sides having been a lifelong fan and now feeling very honoured to be involved in the running of it.
There will ALWAYS be strong characters pushing their views and opinions on others - positive v negative has happened in years gone by and will happen in years to come.

We are aware the pitch isn't like Wembley or Stourbr*dge for that matter. Have mistakes been made? Yes. Are we aware of them? Yes. Do we intend to improve this for next season? Yes. More money will be spent on it and work will begin earlier. Can we do anything about this now in November - No.

We have one of the lowest playing budgets in the league. Thats a fact. What John & Matt have managed to do with this budget is quite exceptional, utilising loan signings and scouting to our advantage and our position in the league reflects this. There will always be good, average and poor players but to be in sight of the play offs and far away from relegation half way through the season is a good position.

The football is not always the best - John admits this but at this level and on the pitch you cannot always have this. To be where we are with some of the performances we have played is also very credible. Are supporters expectations to be up there with the likes of Blyth, Salford, Darlington, Nantwich (what do you think their playing budgets are !! )

As a club, we are ALWAYS looking for people to get involved with the running of different areas. Whether this is half an hour a week or lots more ,there will be something you are able to do to help. If anyone wants to get involved I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you and find which area would suit your skill set. Its not all cleaning, painting and maintaining, theres lots of other stuff too !!

Just remember one thing - we ALL support the club and want the best for it.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 22 Nov 2015, 20:14

HurstGreenHTFC wrote: We have one of the lowest playing budgets in the league. Thats a fact.... Are supporters expectations to be up there with the likes of Blyth, Salford, Darlington, Nantwich (what do you think their playing budgets are !!)
There have been some great posts here. For a step 3 non-league club to get so many fans posting is testament to the level of engagement.

I reckon people look forward to a weekend of Robyeltz, Raiden, Andy and even yeltz27 to name but a few! Much better that way than anodyne posts about the result or the officials etc.

Personally, I've always been intrigued about the budgets (as above). Despite the challenge offered here, I can't begin to guess what other clubs' budgets are.

All I've learned indirectly this season and last season that Salford (obviously), Darlington (helped by big crowds), S*******dge, Nantwich, Barwell, Workington, Ilkeston, Ashton, Sutton, Rushall, Colwyn Bay, Buxton, Skelmersdale, Stamford and maybe others all have or have had bigger budgets.

Anyway, if the information is seemingly out there, I think the fans could be shown a budget table, or a relative one at least, as it would help to set expectations accordingly.