Mickleover updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover updates

Post by spongeyeltz » 27 Oct 2015, 23:21

A bloody good performance if you ask me. Refell and Daniels scared the life out of their defence all night. For the goal, Reece Hales Produced the best bit of skill/endeavour I've seen all season. With a bit more luck/better finishing we could easily have won 4 or 5-1. For once the man of the match certainly wasn't a defender. Daniels was a good choice but for me it could just as easily have been Refell, Hales or Westy. For the equaliser you have to hold your hands up and say it was a cracking strike. Absolutely gutted for the lads

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Oct 2015, 23:29

How the hell we lost that I'll never know. Easily the best side for about 75-80 minutes and they scored during their best spell of the game when they had nothing to lose. Daniels was an absolute pain in the arse all night with Refell linking brilliantly with him. Hales (From our non existent midfield) had his best 45 minutes in a Yeltz shirt in the first half and had they not made a couple of changes at half time would have the same in the second. His pass for Daniels for the goal was superb after showing great tenacity to win the ball.

Kyle Morrison I thought had a really good game back in the side alongside the ever impressive Charlton and Lewis looks a great player.
Credit also to Westwood for his 90 minute return - he looked superb in our (still non existent midfield?) alongside skipper Bragoli (the player whose name we sing more than ever in our non-existent midfield),

Despite the disappointing result the performance was much improved and we bossed the game for long periods against a side who battered us at their place only 8 weeks ago. Should we have won the game? - Yes of course. However progress is being made and the quality of football is much better. I appreciate we're not playing amazing football all of the time but it is getting better and we're Halesowen Town - not Barcelona or Real Madrid.

We did look poorer after Daniels went off, but if you don't give the new bloke a chance how is he going to prove himself? We were winning the game and should have held out but a great strike (deflected i believe) gave them an equaliser.

Josh - serious point now mate - i understand the disappointment and frustration, maybe you should consider posting about the game the day after when you've had time to reflect on the game a little more.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Nikeboy513
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Nikeboy513 » 27 Oct 2015, 23:56

Me personally think it was poor the bench has more attacking players in cooper and gueyes and you still bench them I'm not surprised to see them leave the club

Nikeboy513
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Nikeboy513 » 27 Oct 2015, 23:59

Also heard cooper is leaving as I believe people are saying

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 28 Oct 2015, 00:40

What is it about Halesowen Town, Tuesday night games and 1-1 draws?!

I thought tonight we did ok and played well, wouldn't say it was a classic but considering I don't go to all the games as you may/may not know, it was a damn sight improvement from what I was watching from us earlier on in the season.

I thought we should have been ahead by a couple of goals, particularly in the first half, Daniels and Refell were a real handful up top and thought Westwood looked decent in the holding role in the midfield but sadly in the second half we seemed to fade and the last 20 mins or so you could always see them nicking a goal which inevitably they did towards the end!

So a 'standard' 1-1 draw for us in the end! But like I said an improvement from our early performances in the season and from when we went to Mickleover away for one of the first games of the season where we were truly woeful.

Roll on Saturday for the derby, can't wait! Up The Yeltz!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 28 Oct 2015, 07:55

Nikeboy513 wrote:Also heard cooper is leaving as I believe people are saying
I suspect being his Dad you are the best to know?

Shame as I've spoken to you and Cooper in the past. He knows he will get opportunities. He's a young lad. Just hope he gives it longer.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Oct 2015, 08:32

An excellent first half with, as others have said, Daniels and Refell causing havoc in the Mickleover defence.
Our goal came after brilliant play and sheer persistence by Reece Hales - his detractors please take note. The substitution of Daniels did cause us to lose momentum but, bearing in mind that he had run himself ragged all game, that in itself did not lead to the goal. These players can only do so much!
A disappointing result but a vast improvement.
As regards the rumour mill re: a certain player being unsettled - it is a typical example of someone with a vested interest stirring the pot. Remember that patience is a virtue.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Oct 2015, 08:45

RobYeltz wrote:Josh - serious point now mate - i understand the disappointment and frustration, maybe you should consider posting about the game the day after when you've had time to reflect on the game a little more.
I'm obviously turning into a miserable git...as I seem on my own on this - but I honestly don't think last night was as good as most of the posts on here are making out. The last couple of home games have been an improvement, don't get me wrong, but then again they couldn't have gotten much worse?

The result is disappointing, we should be looking at taking 3 points off teams like Mickleover, at home - with respect to them - especially after taking the lead, with a good goal.

We do look like scoring and there is a threat up top now Pearson has been replaced, but there's still a lot of long ball tactics - and it's coming off at the moment because Daniels has come back and makes something happen due to his pace. He was immense last night, caused their defenders no end of problems.

I feel that we've seen so much poor football down the Grove this year that now we've got someone in Daniels, up top, who can make something out of nothing with the long ball, and creates him self a chance, people see that as a massive improvement. In reality I still see a lot of poor football.

I don't expect to see us spray the ball around like Brazil of the 1970's or something, that of course is ridiculous and un-realisitc to expect, and I appreciate this is non-league and the long ball will be used from time to time, but I would like to see us get the ball on the deck and pass it around and utilise some of the good players we have, a lot more. For example, our goal last night, great work from Hales (the last couple of games he's shown some good form, after a slow start), great desire and work rate to win the ball and then the vision and ability to play Daniels in, with a lovely pass, on the floor.

The players have the ability to play some form of exciting football and we do see this in patches. We've got lads who are capable of passing it well and with Daniels & Reffel pace to use. Let's hope we see it more in the future.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, I'm sure people will tell me if I am, or not. I appreciate we're in a good position in the league (just 2 points off the play offs, although a number of sides have played less), but I'm left feeling like there's much room for improvement.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 28 Oct 2015, 09:25

Raiden,

There seems to be a contradiction in your assessment of the game. On one hand you complain about long ball tactics and yet you state that Aaron Daniel's pace is utilised effectively by that very same tactic.

Kind regards,

Confused of Cradley Heath.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Oct 2015, 09:32

lutleyyeltz wrote:Raiden,

There seems to be a contradiction in your assessment of the game. On one hand you complain about long ball tactics and yet you state that Aaron Daniel's pace is utilised effectively by that very same tactic.

Kind regards,

Confused of Cradley Heath.
Not really, I'm saying the constant use of the long ball isn't great to watch. But it's being made effective due to Aaron Daniels playing well. By being pacey and harassing defenders into mistake he's creating chances.

Something Pearson lacked.

If you took Daniels out the team that played last night and replaced him with Pearson, for example, it'd be ineffective as per our early season form.