Grantham Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Apr 2015, 19:36

What I struggle to see is, is what it is that I put in my first post that is so bad. Were we poor today? Yes. So what is so bad about saying that?

Have the last 16 games results wise been poor? Yes. So again, what are we supposed to say? That it's all great because that's what you want us to say?

We keep hearing that it's been a great season, in the manager we trust etc. But let's say for example that we don't all share the blind faith in the management that the #yeltzfamily do, what are we supposed to say? That it's all great because you say we should? Are we all supposed to bow down and say it's all marvellous because people get upset when we don't? It's football, people pay to go and watch so people in those positions can't expect to never face criticism. I've said it before and I stand by that. There's supporting the team, but this is something else

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 25 Apr 2015, 19:51

"Blind faith" in the management? That's a classic.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Apr 2015, 21:00

piearce9 wrote:"Blind faith" in the management? That's a classic.
But this is where you basically prove my point you see that nobody can say anything. Surely there should be concerns about what has happened in the last 16 games? You will say it's because we are a promoted side etc and that's your opinion. And that's fine, I have no problem with that. But like I say, this is supposed to be an opinions board isn't it? Or am I right and only the #yeltzfamily are welcome these days?

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Apr 2015, 21:11

I think you're right that people should be allowed to express a view without being abused or openly scorned for their opinion. Fans will not always agree and a forum is a discussion area. Disagreement is fine and not unhealthy as long as it's conducted in a courteous way.

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 25 Apr 2015, 22:00

My view on today, sure it was not a great game, however have seen worse this season. We played the side directly below us in Grantham, I assume they played their first team, I do not know, however I felt we deserved the draw, pressed hard and high, a number of chances off target mainly or blocked (sometimes by our own players), however limited them also, two mid table teams playing out an end of season game, generally cancelling each other out. Saw a number ( I recall three) of air kicks which can either be seen as poor skill levels or reflect the pitch state - make up your own minds on that one. My personal view was the manager selected the best eleven for the day, everyone contributed in their own way and overall especially given the start of the season, I am pleased by the end product- as wiser people than me have said 'the table does not lie'. Looking at Grantham (albeit on a single viewing) we deserve to be close to them in the table, which of course we are.
Generally what I have noticed this season in contrast to the lower division are sides with better defences, and much better team organisation, the difference is not huge, but it is there nevertheless.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Apr 2015, 23:17

I'll be honest I can see where Yeltz27 is coming from, our results haven't been anywhere near as good of late but I'm also realistic enough to understand why and am prepared to take on board the recent dip in form. The #yeltzfamily thing however doesn't mean all of us 'happy clappers' have the same opinion despite our positivity, however we're all fully supportive of JH and his coaching team and can see clearly the progress made.
Could it have been better - Yes
Could we have been worse worse...almost certainly!

At times JH's approach is rather pragmatic, but personally I have no problem with that, i've every confidence in his ability as a manager and believe he's more than met his target of keeping us in this league with a good number of games to play.

I know nothing of his intentions for next season player wise, but I expect to see a good number of new faces if we aim to progress further, in JH's programme notes he talks of improvement and I'm sure the club will support him in this, as we approach the 2015/16 season. Improvements will no doubt happen on and off the pitch.

Congratulations to JH, his coaching team and players for a thoroughly enjoyable season, i'm proud to say I didn't miss a single game along the way!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Apr 2015, 23:51

My point about the blind faith is that when do you stop saying everything is wonderful and accept reality? I apparently need a "reality check" whatever one of those is, but the reality is that we have finished the season with something like 11 points from 16 games. The reality is that that is really, really poor whether you like it or not.

Rob to be fair, you are very reasonable but there are others on here who claim to be critical of the team when in fact all they do is post how marvellous it all is. And then insult anybody who dare post any criticism. Of course the management have done many good things over the past couple of years, but that doesn't mean that they should never receive any criticism if things arent going well. It seems many on here will defend the team and the manager regardless of what they do which in many ways is admirable, but also creates other problems. Surely people have to question the last 16 games regardless of what came before? If you just keep posting it's been great and it will turn around then it's "blind faith" if things don't change. I hope as much as anybody that they are successful next season, but has it been a great season? In my opinion it's been ok, satisfactory, but certainly not "great".

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Apr 2015, 00:08

BBNOW100 wrote:Mr Yeltz 27, you seriously need a reality check. Why can't you just be happy that we've finished mid-tabled after being promoted from the division below into a league we've never entered before?

The lads have done us proud this season. Hard work and determination has got us into a steady mid-tabled position in a very tough league. Yes we've had ups and downs but look at Belper who were a very good side last season falter and finish last.

And you wonder why nobody likes you?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by your point about playing in a league we've never entered? No we haven't played in the North before, but we have spent several seasons in the Southern equivalent so to suggest we haven't played at this level before (which I think you are doing) is just wrong

pantverdant1

Post by pantverdant1 » 26 Apr 2015, 02:39

Who would be on the retained list after today - nobody including the management team! who would be on
the retained list after the second half of the season Tilt and Serjeant and thats about your lot.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 26 Apr 2015, 08:06

Okay yes as Rob said this season could have been better. We didn't score enough goals, that was our problem and I'm not going to deny that.

But never the less, at the end of the day we finished 11th. And like I mentioned before, we could so easily have been down there with Belper if we hadn't had that run in the middle of the season.

As for a retained list, for me Hull, Sargeant and Green are must keep players for next season.

And Yeltz 27, yes we are supportive of the management and players and of course you asked where the line is we stop being supportive. But where's the line you stop being critical of everything the players and management do and you start being supportive for once rather than coming on here whinging and looking to cause an argument? When will you start actually getting behind the team rather than just coming on here and making a mockery out of them? Why do you only post on here when we're on a bad run of form and not that time we went give or take a couple 3 months without a loss?
#YeltzTV