Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Grantham Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Apr 2015, 16:51

Full time: 1.1

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Apr 2015, 17:29

Not good. I'm kind of glad its all over. We may as well have declared 15 games ago in reality. I suspect a fair few changes may be in the offing.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Apr 2015, 17:47

Very poor again. The end to the season has been unacceptable and it would be hard for anybody to argue otherwise. A lot of changes need to be made over the summer

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Apr 2015, 18:21

That turned out to be one of the poorest games all season with very few highlights although Forde took his goal well at the end. 11th place is very respectable taking the season as a whole, but it's been disappointing since the 50pt celebration.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 25 Apr 2015, 18:22

Mr Yeltz 27, you seriously need a reality check. Why can't you just be happy that we've finished mid-tabled after being promoted from the division below into a league we've never entered before?

The lads have done us proud this season. Hard work and determination has got us into a steady mid-tabled position in a very tough league. Yes we've had ups and downs but look at Belper who were a very good side last season falter and finish last.

And you wonder why nobody likes you?
#YeltzTV

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Apr 2015, 18:39

BBNOW100 wrote:Mr Yeltz 27, you seriously need a reality check. Why can't you just be happy that we've finished mid-tabled after being promoted from the division below into a league we've never entered before?

The lads have done us proud this season. Hard work and determination has got us into a steady mid-tabled position in a very tough league. Yes we've had ups and downs but look at Belper who were a very good side last season falter and finish last.

And you wonder why nobody likes you?
I don't think the step up in this league has been as big as many have made out. If you think it is then fine, I haven't been critical of you for thinking that. But why is it that people who post opinions that don't tally with your own get petty comments made about them? Isn't it a forum for opinions? Or have I misunderstood and it's actually just a forum to praise the team and manager? Are no other posts welcome? The forum never used to be like this, it's only happened over the past 18 months.

Bearing in mind you know absolutely nothing about me, comments like nobody liking me are pretty pathetic. I actually haven't spent any time wondering why people don't like me on this forum. Just because somebody has a different opinion doesn't mean you should dislike somebody, especially if you've never met them. I don't agree with many opinions on here obviously, but I wouldn't say I dislike anybody because I don't know them so can't pass judgment.

Maybe the #yeltzfamily should just make the forum private for them and people who only post positivity because it seems nobody else is welcome.
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 25 Apr 2015, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Apr 2015, 18:49

I have to say there are people I know who won't post their thoughts anymore for that very reason.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 25 Apr 2015, 19:00

I do agree.
There is certainly a sycophantic tone to many of the posts, and anything that might question the tactics or efficiency of the team is greeted with derision and, unfortunately, insult.
We have certainly acquitted ourselves well, but the last 15 games have shown relegation form. It is an unhealthy situation to deny criticism and believe that everything in the garden is rosy.
Let those who have a less blinkered view have their say and maybe we'll be all the better for it.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Apr 2015, 19:13

Put much better than I could.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 25 Apr 2015, 19:36

Yes, it was pretty poor today, and we've been off the boil for the last few weeks. But it's not a big deal. Once the playoff dream went (Ashton at home was the coup de gras), then it was always going to be case of rolling across the line. The squad's shrunk, and we've tried a few new faces, but you're not going to overhaul the squad in March or April.

I wouldn't agree with the comments that we need to ring the changes in the summer. The majority of players are more than good enough- the key will be the players we bring in, who MUST enhance what we've already got. A few strong acquisitions and we can challenge next season.