Somewhere in Lye Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Somewhere in Lye Updates

Post by welshyeltz » 06 Apr 2015, 18:46

Just woken up. I was the 1 in a crowd of 1751. Paid to go in then went home before the game started. Good result. Stella says the noise was good too.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Apr 2015, 18:56

I wondered where you went. Hope you're feeling better soon mate.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 06 Apr 2015, 21:12

Fantastic day. Boy did we want it more. Won every 50/50 so hard to pick a motm but for me today Ben was outstanding, only wish he could have got a goal for his efforts. A brilliant crowd that now takes us up to second in the averages on 532. Wouldn't it be great if we could get the floating Yeltz down on a more regular basis

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 06 Apr 2015, 22:11

Not a bad day I suppose.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 06 Apr 2015, 23:57

Well I'll start off by saying what a fantastic day and a great result, followed by a great curry afterwards with some great people which made me proud to be part of the 'Yeltz family.' Makes you realise what a fantastic club spirit we have at The Grove nowadays.

As for the game, whilst it was a fantastic result and a game we deserved to win, although it was a good performance I didn't think it was necessarily a 'great' performance. I thought it was one that was largely helped by the fact Stourbr*dge were cr*p and didn't turn up for the game. It was very much an end of the season spectacle but credit to our boys as obviously we did turn up and wanted it more.

Overall, fantastic attendance 1,748 (1,751) not sure why the 3 people discrepancy but don't think it matters. Still the biggest attendance I've ever seen down the Grove. The atmosphere was a little bit spoilt by the chavvy youngsters from both sides trying to cause troubles but the true Yeltz fans came through and roared the team on to a deserved victory!

Up The Yeltz!

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 06 Apr 2015, 23:58

A superb day with a great performance and result.

Well done to everyone.

I think some games we have not got we deserved as a result. We did today.

pantverdant1

Post by pantverdant1 » 07 Apr 2015, 00:00

First win in the Stour-Lutley Gutter derby in what seems ages-Bliss! ;D

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 07 Apr 2015, 10:41

lutleyyeltz wrote:
pantverdant1 wrote:First win in the Stour-Lutley Gutter derby in what seems ages-Bliss! ;D
You've hurt the feelings of an elderly, sensitive gentleman, sir.
Pistols before my afternoon nap, methinks!

Footballcardsdirect
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Footballcardsdirect » 07 Apr 2015, 14:04

First visit for a few years yesterday. Game a bit scrappy at times, only one team looked as though they were going to win it from the start so no surprise when the first goal came and could have been a more comprehensive victory to be honest.

Thought Tonks in midfield had a good game, lad up front the number 10 Haseley worked hard but good performance against a poor Stourbr*dge side.
http://www.Footballcardsdirect.com - Match Attax, Adrenalyn XL, Panini stickers

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 07 Apr 2015, 15:06

Must state, that it was a very pleasing win yesterday and would have be a bigger margin had it not been for the surface of the pitch. I know someone will come out with " we did n't allow the other side to play cliche" , but I have to say that in fifty plus years of watching this derby , the opposition was the poorest side I've seen wearing the red and white stripes. Not a great spectacle, would n't expect one in any derby, so I'm not going overboard about our performance but we were better than them lot and deserved to win.
This is Keith signing off.