Ilkeston Home

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Home

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Jan 2015, 10:31

Thought we did enough to win. Good point against fellow title challengers.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Jan 2015, 11:18

Twice I've seen us give Ilkeston a really good game, and whilst they may well be favourites for winning this league they came off the pitch delighted with gaining a point against us. With 3 or 4 minutes to go they were asking the ref how long was left, certainly a sign that they were happy with a point.

I was talking with an Ilkeston fan at half time in the bar and he was saying how he was happy with the score so far as 'You'll tire in the second half and we'll go on to win'. I assured him we wouldn't lose as a result of tiredness and it was great to see my words were backed up as we finished the game stronger. Credit to them on their defensive shape as we didn't really create too many chances despite our territorial advantage. They only really looked like scoring on the break and Sarge always seemed to be in the right place when called upon.

I knew we wouldn't lose when Curtis made those three challenges in about 10 seconds, great desire by the stand in skipper and I think that really set the tone. We're so close to being a very, very decent team in this league and there is no reason why we can't have a late January surge (like last season) towards the play offs. We've got nothing to lose so why not!

A good crowd yesterday as well, helped by a decent vocal following from Ilkeston, if only we could get 500+ every week!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 25 Jan 2015, 17:38

It was good to see a decent away following in numbers and respect.

A good gate top of the league yesterday at 520.

A good game Sarg pulled off some great saves and the whole team battled hard and worked hard.

Having seen the video I cant tell if it was a hand ball.

I think we shaded it and as they had the luck to get a penalty in injury time when their player tripped our defender for a draw would have liked the rub of the green to go our way.

We have a great team and great fans. Long may it continue.