Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Marine away

Post by lutleyyeltz » 17 Jan 2015, 17:11

Still above Sourbridge - lost again! ;D

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 18 Jan 2015, 18:48

A unusual trouble fee M6 and other motorways yesterday.

An interesting watering hole for my passengers. One Bar with three rooms.
Chips from Chinese next to the ground superb (best kept secret in marine), when Rob dropped his small sausage the owner gave him a large one FOC. True gent.

After the poor performance the Sunday after Christmas we were all over Marine the first half and deserved to be going in 2-3 up not just the one.

Not sure what happened second half we had a couple of chances but Marine seemed to trouble us more.

ALL the players did well and on another day the three points would have been ours. There were some terrible winter showers during the game.

Great Yeltz following, a nice ground. One big stand behind the one goal, standing, disabled area and seats etc, a long covered shelter down the one side. Just a platform at the one end, and bus stops as the dugouts.

Met some nice people.

Now to next week and the Ilkeston Academy who last year we were unlucky not to come away with all three points. I just hope the weather is better next Saturday than it was away to them.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Jan 2015, 22:34

Depending on what your ambitions are for this season I guess will determine your thoughts on the game. A team in the bottom 3 as opposition and us chasing the play offs you would say it is two points dropped. If you're happy with mid-table and ensuring survival you'll be happy with a point away from home.

I'm kind of between the two I suppose, happy we got a point away from home on a slippery pitch in awful conditions with a team battling to stay up. They've strengthened their team as well and if they battle like they did yesterday (particularly second half) they'll stay up.

On another day we might have won it, and maybe if we'd have gone in at half time a couple of goals up we would have done. I think 'only' being a goal down enabled them to come out second half with another chance. Obviously at 1-0 up you're only ever an error or wonder goal away from an equaliser and it was indeed a great strike to equalise. In fairness it was no more than they deserved and at the end we could have either won it or lose it as both teams had chances in the last 5 minutes.

I enjoyed my visit to Marine, nice friendly people with a nice club house and ye olde style pub next door. A cracking chippy also next to the ground made sure we were well fed. We made as much row as we could in support of the boys.It was a shame more Yeltzmen and women didn't join us.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ