Matlock Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by rubens » 10 Jan 2015, 18:28

Brilliant performance from the 10 men , 7 goals , their first was an absolute screamer but Ben Haseley goal was something else , pure quality , any premiership striker would have been proud of that goal , however , a sending off that was unnecessary to leave us with 10 men then a scuffle between 8 players was a total heads gone,
We really don't need players to lose their discipline .

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Jan 2015, 18:44

For once today I don't care about styles, tactics, discipline or reasons for this and that. It was simply a magnificent performance from a side that didn't know when to roll over, and it was a great watch. If games like that don't get people back through the turnstiles, nothing will.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Jan 2015, 01:32

What a shift our players put in today. To score three goals with 10 men for a large part of the game fantastic

Unfortunately Yeltz TV like majority of us did not see what went on prior to sending off. The referee had to act on the linesmans information.

No. 6 seem to make a five course lunch of it.

At 2-1 down it was going to be difficult. But the players came out second half and gave their all.

Next week we visit Marine. Can't wait.

Well done ALL again.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Jan 2015, 10:45

Whilst on paper it should have been a game we won comfortably it obviously didn't turn out that way.

The sending off gave them a lift, I didn't see what happened like many but the linesman indicated straight away what happened and there didn't seem to be any complaints. Their first goal was an absolutely great strike and I doubt their lad will ever hit a ball that sweet again in his life and the penalty seemed a little unnecessary. My first thought at the time was the ball might have been cleared before Sarge came rushing out. Whether he got the ball or not I couldn't see but the two players colliding allowed the referee the opportunity to make a decision.

It was disappointing to be going in at 2-1 down and it was obvious the next goal would be crucial. If they'd have scored we'd have had a huge mountain to climb but as it was us that scored it lifted the crowd and you could see the belief in our players that we could win it. Full credit to Ben for his finish and the quick thinking by Fordey to take the free kick so quickly. At this point we were all happy to take a point but obviously the team had other ideas. Aaron's goal was a cracker, I was saying before the game how he was due a goal and he delivered with a cracker. I think Griff sometimes goes a little unnoticed in the team, but his goal was good reward for the efforts over a number of weeks now. He doesn't get forward as much as Kristian on the other side (Not a criticism by the way - as that may be how the management want us to play) but he runs his plums off for the team.

Their third was a neat finish at the back post and we seemed to lose a little bit of our shape maybe in search of another goal. The winner though was brilliant. The celebrations from the dug out showed how much we wanted to win. The desire those players showed despite being a man down was great and the belief they had in themselves as a team was brilliant. They could have settled for a draw on 85 minutes when they scored, to win so late again was testimony to their attitude.

I really think with those three points with 10 men for most of the game it could well be a springboard for the rest of the season. I've always been happy to finish one place above the relegation places but looking at the league table I see no reason why we can't have a real good go at the play offs. Not with an expectation but with a 'why not go for the play offs?' We'll pick up enough points to not get relegated and we really have nothing to lose. Teams are beating each other and if we can string to get 3 or 4 consecutive wins then we really aren't all that far away at all.

It would be great if we could get 100+ away fans stood together behind the goal at away games supporting and singing for the boys and 500+ crowds at The Grove, as these players really do deserve to get all the support they can.

See you at Marine!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz_Bear
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz_Bear » 12 Jan 2015, 12:59

Here is Matlock's match report. A very enjoyable read!