Kings Lynn

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Kings Lynn

Post by JohnC » 04 Jan 2015, 11:11

Firstly after the awful saturated journey, the fields flooded and vegetables falling over everywhere was so wet. I am glad the match was on.

You can see why Lynn organised a car to get Eze. He was there deserved mom. Every cross he either had his head or body in the way all afternoon.

The pitch was heavy for both teams.

All our team did well. Special well done to Sam Pearson in goal.

Well done to the one singer for Lynn and the banter we had with him first half. Amazing the other Lynn's fans only vocal when they had s shot oooooh or when a decision went against them aimed at the officials.

There is obviously not an opticians in Kings Lynn. They moaned when there number two travelled half way across the pitch and nastily took Griffiths out. Second yellow and Red card. Griffith's had to go off injured.

Again we played as much football as the conditions allowed.

The players have a well earned week of rest before our next game. Except for training Tuesday and Thursday.

Well done ALL.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 04 Jan 2015, 11:48

A very well and hard earned point yesterday. Not as much atmosphere at Kings lynn as in the past. Funniest moment of the afternoon for me was when johnC shouted " ooh ahh my tractaar"

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 04 Jan 2015, 15:03

I think we were the better side in the 1st half. 2nd half they came out strong and we did have to defend well. I was worried with Sam being in goal and no Joe Hull, but Sam did well as did everyone. As John C has said if they did not have Henry Eze we would have won comfortably.

I was a little disappointed with the atmosphere I think they should concentrate on getting behind their team rather than moaning and groaning.

I think before the game I would have taken a point, it's a difficult place to go, F.C United will obviously be a tough place to go, having 20 minutes 11v10 we could of won it, but a good battling performance from the lads. Thought the referee was very good, didn't get intimidated by their whining. Had to laugh at their player who committed the rather awful challenge on Griff I think he thought by rolling around on the floor he would escape a yellow card ! Then their crowd had the audacity to boo when the referee the 2nd yellow ! They must think you can't be punished if you are injured yourself. I think they need to learn a bit more about the game !

Well done lads another difficult match out the way and another result. If we can win the next 2, Matlock Home and Marine Away we could really be in the thick of things.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 04 Jan 2015, 17:43

Not much to add really from what has already been put.

They're a big solid side throughout and we handled them well, Eze was MOM which says a lot about our performance as an away team that their central defender was the best player on the pitch. Whilst it's fair to say we made sure we didn't lose the game, bringing on Isedyn for Ben was a positive move as was bringing on Thompson-Brown to play on the wing instead of Aaron after his unfortunate injury.

When we played them at our place we robbed a draw with a last minute goal against a team who were much better than us on the night, yesterday there was little between the sides and we could argue a case for being the better side for large parts of the game. Certainly based on the two performances against them we were better second time around. A characteristic often seen with John Hill's team is that the second time we play teams we seem to do better against them.

With Matlock to come (who we've had two great wins against and a draw) it isn't often a side beats the same opponent three times in a season so I expect a tricky game as they probably know more about us than any team in the league. A win against them and us putting things right against Marine the following week will certainly help our league position considerably.

It's been a tough few weeks with so many games in such a short space of time, but I think we can reflect on them positively all bar 90 minutes against Marine.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ