Marine Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Marine Updates

Post by Frodo » 28 Dec 2014, 19:04

I think it was evident both today and against Stourbr*dge that we have a reluctance to change from our "long ball over the top" tactics. On Friday Exodus blocked us out, today it failed to deliver.

Christie's experience was missed today i feel, with a lack of inspiration and we didn't look like scoring or creating chances for long periods, when we did we failed to score. Forde was perhaps my man of the match but required a better performance around him.

Today we could have done with the likes of Lait, but looking forward we require a few creative footballers in midfield, who will bring inspiration, and the versatility to play wide and pass the ball around, to hopefully replace the long ball mentality.

"Keep it on the deck"

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Dec 2014, 21:30

The pitch is an absolute disgrace. It has not been maintained at all and used far too much since the season start. How can we expect to play it on the deck when the surface is so unpredictable due to the uneven nature of it.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Dec 2014, 21:43

Uncharacteristically poor today, we seemed to lose concentration when it mattered and despite a few scrambles and melees they defended in good numbers and seemed to put bodies in the way when it mattered.
Breaking them down was difficult and we only really looked like scoring from a set piece/ throw in.

The pitch was really poor, and only Aaron Daniels when he came on seemed like he could get the ball under control quickly enough. It's fair comment I think about the too many or reluctance to change from the 'long balls over the top', but the dreadful surface wasn't conducive to passing it on the floor either. The fact that the pitch is used as often as it is doesn't help, but I guess the club has to raise revenue somehow when less than 400 turn up. Where were all the Yeltz fans that were at Stourbr*dge boxing day? They can't all have been at Villa Park?

No need to panic, we always seem to bounce back well, and I'm sure we'll do the business at home on New Years Day and Kings Lynn a couple of days later.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 28 Dec 2014, 22:11

I know for a fact Ant spends hours on end down at the ground doing his best to maintain the pitch, but at the end of the day one person is never going to be enough to maintain the pitch and the rest of the ground. We need more people to go and help Ant out with the pitch whenever they can - not just during pre-season.
#YeltzTV

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 28 Dec 2014, 22:26

It needs the right equipment and treatment weed and feed etc. Not foot soldiers. Even then we have to understand it is non league. No fancy lights and sprinklers like league clubs.

I believe a lot had been done to make today's game on.

We have won several games on the same pitch.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 28 Dec 2014, 22:49

JohnC wrote:Disagree we did not deserve to lose. We had one cleared off the line by a defender and as said every attack they had 11 behind the ball and we did not have the luck of bounce, bobble or who it came to.

Never had the bobble, the bounce or any QUALITY. Dire.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 29 Dec 2014, 00:11

It is drivel to suggest that our pitch is the reason for the over the top playing style, although I agree it doesnt help but that could be said of all the sides who have beat us at the Grove this season. Fact is it the managers tactics. We have played away on some billiard table surfaces and still persisted in the long ball give chase rubbish. More likely its a TOTAL lack of quality in midfield. Regarding the pitch, with respect to Ant, who I know does a lot of work on the pitch, it is a job for professionals with the expertise who know what they 're doing.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 29 Dec 2014, 07:05

Frodo wrote:
looking forward we require a few creative footballers in midfield, who will bring inspiration, and the versatility to play wide and pass the ball around, to hopefully replace the long ball mentality.

"Keep it on the deck"
They don't grow on trees and you won't get them in the January sales.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Dec 2014, 08:40

Can I just add my comments were in no way meant to disrespect Ant. I am aware of all his hard work and the amount of hours spent on pitch and other parts of the ground. Just wanted to make that clear.

Still stand by my comments about the pitch. Yes adverse weather happens and yes I am aware it's non-league. But the pitch was a major problem last season and little has been done to improve it, other than the replacement of goal mouths in the Summer.

I understand the club need revenue and hence the reasoning behind having three other teams play on the pitch, but isn't this a short sighted income? How much money will be needed to rectify all the damage that's occurred over the past two or more years?

Surely in the long term wouldn't it make sense to have just Halesowen play there, hence saving money in the long run in terms of maintenance and replacement.

It's frustrating me, as I believe that it's effecting our own performances. I think it's hard to argue against the fact that we've been better away than at home. We certainly play a higher quality level of football away from home. That is no coincidence since we play on a much better surface on our travels.

Also there are numerous comments regarding home attendance, this could be linked to the pitch. Due to the surface in my opinion we're seeing more scrappy games as both teams struggle with the pitch. How many are put off by scrappy and poor games?

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 29 Dec 2014, 11:41

Here we go again ! 1st league defeat in 2 months and we have people moaning about the managers tactics. For goodness sake get a grip. If we lose 4 or 5 on the bounce then feel free to make those comments, I would probably agree with you then, but let's be realistic, we ARE heading in the right direction.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but seriously come on, as John C has said, put this game behind us and move on. If we lose to Barwell at home, Kings Lynn Away, Matlock at home and Marine away and look crap then say what you want. That's not going to happen and I am sure everyone on this forum knows it !

Keep the faith. Up the Yeltz !

Johnny Hills Barmy Army !