Marine Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltzblue
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Marine Updates

Post by yeltzblue » 29 Dec 2014, 12:20

Can't blame Ant for the pitch at all. Not a lot he can do with limited resources and being done as a volunteer. A pitch that is played on so much like ours needs a proper maintenance plan, tools, equipment, fertiliser etc. Something which we dont have, is a plan. The goalmouths have been replaced over the summer but they are starting to look terrible again. No divot replacement after games means that the bobble's will never go. Looks like the pitch has been cut too short this year too. By leaving some of the growth on there it would have protected the surface a lot more. I would question the benefit of other teams playing on the pitch, how much money does it earn in relation to the money that is required to be spent to get the pitch back up to order close season? Is it worth it.

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 29 Dec 2014, 12:51

yeltzblue wrote:Can't blame Ant for the pitch at all. Not a lot he can do with limited resources and being done as a volunteer. A pitch that is played on so much like ours needs a proper maintenance plan, tools, equipment, fertiliser etc. Something which we dont have, is a plan. The goalmouths have been replaced over the summer but they are starting to look terrible again. No divot replacement after games means that the bobble's will never go. Looks like the pitch has been cut too short this year too. By leaving some of the growth on there it would have protected the surface a lot more. I would question the benefit of other teams playing on the pitch, how much money does it earn in relation to the money that is required to be spent to get the pitch back up to order close season? Is it worth it.
i would guess that the money Causeway pay us per season is enough to have the pitch professionally treated/repaired to a high standard in the summer, which in turn would justify having Causeway ?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Dec 2014, 13:03

yeltzblue wrote:Can't blame Ant for the pitch at all. Not a lot he can do with limited resources and being done as a volunteer. A pitch that is played on so much like ours needs a proper maintenance plan, tools, equipment, fertiliser etc. Something which we dont have, is a plan. The goalmouths have been replaced over the summer but they are starting to look terrible again. No divot replacement after games means that the bobble's will never go. Looks like the pitch has been cut too short this year too. By leaving some of the growth on there it would have protected the surface a lot more. I would question the benefit of other teams playing on the pitch, how much money does it earn in relation to the money that is required to be spent to get the pitch back up to order close season? Is it worth it.
I see this has turned into a pitch updates, rather than a match update.

I guess only the people involved in the running of the club could tell you the answer to that question. I know many volunteers spent a good number of hours down at the ground in the summer, and at the time we all felt a little like we were fire fighting with it, particularly with the goalmouth replacement. As volunteers we all did the best we could, with the tools, time and resources available to us. Ant does a great job down there but I agree for the pitch to really stand a chance either less teams need to play on it, or more maintenance of the pitch needs to take place before, during and after the season. I'm also going to have a dig at the players here as well as they don't help with their 'half time kick in' at The Shed end. I'm sure it's not only our players that do it, but the opposition and the other teams who use the pitch. I believe the players also train on the pitch at least once per week as well which doesn't help.

I spoke to one of our players about the pitch recently and they were saying that the unpredictability of the bounce is a major issue, he claimed that the pitch itself looks ok from the terraces, but you can never trust the bounce of the ball. He mentioned that when players like Macca struggle sometimes to control the ball that in itself tells you what you need to know about the pitch as his ball control is terrific.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 29 Dec 2014, 18:41

dazzlingdazza wrote:Here we go again ! 1st league defeat in 2 months and we have people moaning about the managers tactics. For goodness sake get a grip. If we lose 4 or 5 on the bounce then feel free to make those comments, I would probably agree with you then, but let's be realistic, we ARE heading in the right direction.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but seriously come on, as John C has said, put this game behind us and move on. If we lose to Barwell at home, Kings Lynn Away, Matlock at home and Marine away and look crap then say what you want. That's not going to happen and I am sure everyone on this forum knows it !

Keep the faith. Up the Yeltz !

Johnny Hills Barmy Army !
Totally agree with this. I wasn't at the game yesterday but from what I've seen and read we weren't very good yesterday but one bad game doesn't mean a crisis. First home defeat in the league since early September and first league defeat since October. You don't win every game in football, bad days can happen. I certainly feel a lot more confident about the team than what I did earlier on in the season and believe we have the right management capable of keeping us in the league although a few additional quality players would be nice, it all comes down to money.

Keep the faith, I'm sure the lads will bounce back on New Years Day!