Yeltz Forum Member

Re: S*******dge updates

Post by JohnC » 26 Dec 2014, 17:50

And snow.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Dec 2014, 17:56

It wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a game for the purest...... they were even less a footballing side than us (that's not a criticism, just a fact, and besides I like watching us!). We really needed a cutting edge once they went down to 10 men, but all in all 1-1 was a fair result based on chances created (we had a lot of the ball though especially with the extra man). Hopefully 3 points against Marine will make it a good end to 2014.

1,642 on the Shamblycoat was a difficult watch that's for sure. What a gate though, and well behaved on the whole, I certainly didn't see any trouble in the horrendous weather.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 26 Dec 2014, 18:23

Very good turnout today and a lot of Yeltz fans packed into their Shed end. Neither team were really anything to shout about to be honest, but Curtis' goal well what a strike! 50-55 yards easily I would say, it was in our own half for crying out loud!

Really enjoyed it today, apart from the freezing cold temperatures, a well earned and fought for point. Bring on Marine, and a win against them means one thing and one thing only... we go above Stourbr*dge! See you there!
#YeltzTV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Dec 2014, 20:54

i thought the first half we were the better side, and I thought we were unlucky to be a goal down. That said Coleman didn't really get tested enough. I couldn't really see what happened for their goal as I was behind the goal at the shed end.

The second half again was made easier for us when they had one sent off, I couldn't really see again what it was given for as I had a metal post blocking my view from the side of the pitch. None of their bench or players seemed to argue with it so I assume it was clear cut enough. I was surprised we persisted with the 3 centre backs after they had one sent off and at times I thought we were a little too impatient by not retaining the ball enough. A great goal by Curtis, and a goal worthy of winning a game no doubt.

I do think we struggle a little without Isedyn on the pitch, the ball comes back too quickly and we try and get it over the top for Ben a little too much. I'd love to see us get another big man up front who can do what Isedyn does for us, we have to remember Isedyns age and these niggly injuries take longer to heal at his age. That's no disrespect to RTB by the way who again worked hard up front.

A fair result and great crowd, but the 'one way system' is a nightmare, one pair of trainers ruined having been forced to trek across a muddy field. They seriously need some work doing on that ground if they want to get promoted. Nice to see so many Yeltzmen there in good voice as well, hopefully some of those Yeltz fans might come back again in the future, maybe even to Halesowen (we could do with the money you know!) Considering how far ahead of us they are 9supposedly), we really proved today that the progress we are making is not only rapid but very solid.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 26 Dec 2014, 21:45

A fantastic day, a great game and had a great day out! It was a proper derby; great banter between the crowd but nothing malicious, first half I was standing in their 'Shed End' which is no comparison to ours! Although no segregation we were predominantly to the left of the goal, I was stood in the middle behind the goal, literally about a foot away from some idiots who had a 'smoke bomb' or some weak flare that went off behind the goal when they against the run of the play went ahead with an unlucky own goal from Curtis Tilt. I thought that despite that we were the better side but didn't quiet have that cutting edge to get the goal we deserved.

Second half after walking round the 'one way system' past the Cricket Pavillion, I made the effort to get a drink in the bar that took all of half time to get served, I got as far as the under cover seating on the side where I decided to stay for the second half in time for their sending off, although I saw their player dive in for a two footed lunge. I didn't see the full extent of the challenge so cannot comment although but sitting next to a load of Stourbr*dge fans, none of theme had any complaints. Strangely, even though we had the man advantage I thought they looked better at that point and didn't think we'd get the equaliser until...Curtis made amends for his earlier mishap with a superb 50 yard strike that hit the top corner! I went absolutely bezerk which loads of Stourbr*dge fans around me who weren't very impressed!

Overall I think a draw was a fair result, given the conditions. If we had been at home and having the man advantage I would have been disappointed. I think despite our better form going into the game, they were probably slight favourites but I didn't think they were anything special. Seen better sides down the Grove this season.

But wow, what a game, again cannot fault the efforts of the players - they were superb! And 1642 there - fantastic! We will have to put in a major effort to beat that on Easter Monday! Although think that we organise it better - non of this 'one way system' rubbish.

But fantastic day out; only living 3 miles from Stourbr*dge and 2 from Halesowen feels weird to think of today as an 'away game' particularly as I drank around Stourbr*dge and hung out with some of their fans but I will forever and always will be Halesowen in non-league terms! Up the Yeltz!!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 27 Dec 2014, 08:08

How often in football does a defender scored an og and then go on to score a goal at the right end?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Dec 2014, 08:48

RaidenYeltz wrote:How often in football does a defender scored an og and then go on to score a goal at the right end?
He didn't. It was Bragoli who scored the own goal...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 27 Dec 2014, 09:30

Bloody hell lol

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 27 Dec 2014, 09:55

Bragoli is now being given our own goal but Villa fans may recall Chris Nicholl scoring all 4 goals in a 2-2 draw at Leicester

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/aston_vi ... -1976.html