Skelmersdale Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Skelmersdale Updates

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 20 Dec 2014, 18:50

A very professional performance apart from some silly bookings. Probably deserved a third, actually.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Dec 2014, 19:07

andy wrote:What a cracking afternoon. Even though we didn't create a lot after the 2 goals we never gave them a sniff either. We stood up to their dirty tactics all game without resorting to it and deservedly won the game without having to hit top gear. If they are as good as this division has to offer we could be in for a good 2015. Well done lads.
I almost forgot to add, the Christmas cake courtesy of Rog's wife was truly superb. Thank you!!

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 20 Dec 2014, 20:42

BRING ON THE GASBOYS!!

The Yeltz have not lost at the cricket ground in the league since 1988 - 3 wins & 1 draw, starting with this match at the end of 1989/90 when shirts were picked up at random and didn't relate to positions on field:
16-Apr-90 Stourbr*dge A 1,238 1 0 CLARKE EDWARDS LANGFORD SMITH E HUNTER FLYNN HAZLEWOOD HAYWARD PENN JOINSON P* PEARCE PRICE JARRETT ELMES SMITH TAYLOR

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Dec 2014, 23:24

Absolutely delighted with the result today. Much credit to the players.

The two early goals of course really helped, and credit to Joel for his goals, he's been getting closer to scoring in recent weeks and his header to open the scoring was quality. The second again was a typical Yeltz goal. I don't know whether all they thought they had to do was turn up to win, but they certainly didn't like being 2-0 down. We certainly seemed to be getting a lot of coincidental head injuries during the game, but having seen the high feet of the No7 and the disgraceful two footed challenge by the central defender I think maybe they might not have been quite so accidental. They certainly didn't like the fact they were getting beat and maybe their arrogance came back to bite them on the arse a little when we decided we'd not roll over to them. I was impressed in the main with our discipline despite some pretty horrible provocation. I thought we stood up to them well, looked after each other on the pitch but didn't allow it to become a battlefield. Particularly impressive when you consider our two most experienced players weren't on the pitch for a good proportion of it.

At 2-0 up we knew we would win, as we simply don't look like conceding lots of goals and I think we sat back at times, maybe a little too much but maybe they were saving a little for when we go to the cricket pitch on Friday. See you on Friday, let's all get together and make some noise!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 20 Dec 2014, 23:41

Their manager claimed the ref lost them the game.

NO NO No 2 goals in 4 or 5 mins start of the game did, poor finishing by your players who need shooting practice and hard work by all our team.

What a game. I think the ref should have been more authoritarian in the first half and some of the shocking assaults by the Skelms players may not have happened.

Agree our players could have easily reacted and then been issues.

I hope the Yeltz TV lads caught the action on camera.

Two superb goals.

KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 21 Dec 2014, 20:38

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 21 Dec 2014, 21:49

Strange bunch...

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 22 Dec 2014, 12:48

They really do appear to be fragile little lambs ::)

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 22 Dec 2014, 14:57

KingEdsYeltz wrote:Interesting reading....

http://skemunitedforum.proboards.com/th ... llTo=11391
Had to have a chuckle at this. I have no idea how anybody could stand up for that player who got sent off second. Two footed challenge, and yes he may get a glimpse of the ball you just can't go in like that and fully deserved the red. As for the first red card, you can't really see on the video. It looks soft of the video but both times players run in front of the camera so really I'm not sure.

And as for saying our fans are well mannered, well I'd love to know how they call this "well-mannered"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6AGObZCo4
#YeltzTV

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 22 Dec 2014, 17:49

RaidenYeltz wrote:Strange bunch...
I totally agree Bro Josh.