Gateshead Trophy Match Away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gateshead Trophy Match Away

Post by piearce9 » 14 Dec 2014, 10:25

Well done to all those who travelled, I'm gutted I couldn't make it- was desperate for a home tie :(

What happened to Iyseden? Any word on whether he'll be out for any period of time? (i.e. Will he be fit in 13 days' time?) ???

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 14 Dec 2014, 11:19

AVFCYELTZ wrote:Well done!

A strange atmosphere in such a big stadium, the traveling Yeltz fans in the main housed in the 4,000 seated stand opposite the main stand with the 500 home fans. (Even though it only looked like about 300). The club didn't 'sell beer' in the bar at 1:30pm so we headed off to a cracking little pub with a fine selection of ales on offer. Unfortunately, the 10 minute walk there and 10 minute walk back hindered the drinking opportunities , as did the lack of alcohol in the ground.
[/i]

This of course raises a serious debating point that last came up in the nineties where we were within 30 minutes of getting into the Conference.....do we really want it?...
Segregation, herding, no alcohol, and of course vastly increased admission prices.
Isn't part of the fun in following Halesowen exactly the opposite of all this?
Thoughts anybody?

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 14 Dec 2014, 11:24

As usual AVFCYeltz summed it up well. Fantastic effort from all the Yeltz players, but Gateshead were an excellent team and in the end were just a bit too good for us as you'd expect from last year's finalists.

Best FA Trophy run for many a year, but now we can get back to the league and hopefully put a play-off run together.

Great support from everyone who braved the trip up to the chilly North East in a frankly bizarre atmosphere. Glad we don't play there every week.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Dec 2014, 11:26

old git wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:Well done!

A strange atmosphere in such a big stadium, the traveling Yeltz fans in the main housed in the 4,000 seated stand opposite the main stand with the 500 home fans. (Even though it only looked like about 300). The club didn't 'sell beer' in the bar at 1:30pm so we headed off to a cracking little pub with a fine selection of ales on offer. Unfortunately, the 10 minute walk there and 10 minute walk back hindered the drinking opportunities , as did the lack of alcohol in the ground.
[/i]

This of course raises a serious debating point that last came up in the nineties where we were within 30 minutes of getting into the Conference.....do we really want it?...
Segregation, herding, no alcohol, and of course vastly increased admission prices.
Isn't part of the fun in following Halesowen exactly the opposite of all this?
Thoughts anybody?
Exactly!

I spoke to one Gateshead fan all day and that was in the reception after the game. It didn't really encourage mingling and having the opportunity to talk to home fans. I think all yesterday did for me was show me that the Conference is really just Division 5 of the football spectrum. (In old money)
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 14 Dec 2014, 11:39

Had a great day yesterday despite the result and the lads played exceptionally and were unfortunate not to come away with anything. To the point about the conference I agree to a point. But equally it is football and we want to win matches and get people in to watch and to do that we have to show some ambition is to move forward. So providing we didn't charge to the conference by throwing money at it and got there through graft and hard work I wouldn't have a problem. What I'm basically saying is don't think we should have the conference as a target directly as such but I do think we should just carry on doing as well as we can at the level we are playing at and if we end up getting there then so be it. Hope that makes sense.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Dec 2014, 14:08

Enjoyed the day despite the result. The team, management and fans did us proud.

Every player worked hard. Although Gateshead got the result from Sunday You tube and yesterday I don't think much of their front line.

Agree it was difficult with Christie going off. I think it was hamstring trouble picked up at Trafford. Did not stop him at Grantham but perhaps yesterday all the running required was too much and we need him for the league.

Not sure as FA Trophy Gateshead had to segregate they could have given us a small part of the main stand and saved themselves cost of 10 stewards (to shepherd 43 fans) and one refreshment lady.

Not really a football ground but a multi purpose facility. Athletics, rugby, football and concerts. People nice.

Again BIG well done to our players and coaching staff.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Dec 2014, 17:09

Gateshead Footage - their angle

Interview one of their goal scorers, their manager and footage obviously from their team view.
Three streams in total. Click on first after end it moves onto others.

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/

Top r/h side.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 15 Dec 2014, 12:23

Pointless though it is to mention, Gateshead drew Grimsby, away.

I wonder if Alan Buckley is manager there for the thirteenth time? Still playing Paul Groves and Kevin Donovan?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 15 Dec 2014, 14:01

Grimsby. They're desperate to play us. Guiseley went their after we lost to them in the FA Cup

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 15 Dec 2014, 14:12

Yeltz TV