Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gateshead Trophy Match Away

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Dec 2014, 16:56

Full time: lost 2.0

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 13 Dec 2014, 17:33

I'm sure the lads did the Yeltz shirt proud.
Let's see how the Smethwick Tesco bags perform against Gatsheed in the FA Cup! ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Dec 2014, 18:35

lutleyyeltz wrote:I'm sure the lads did the Yeltz shirt proud.
Let's see how the Smethwick Tesco bags perform against Gatsheed in the FA Cup! ;D
You never know Lutley they may record another 1-0 win. ;) ;D

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 13 Dec 2014, 19:02

Another spirited display by Halesowen , not sure it helped us with Isyden going off so early , but every player gave his all , the commitment was first class, however their running off the ball seemed to give them an extra man all over the pitch , a few Halesowen players looked very comfortable playing at this level , and another fantastic following from Halesowen fans .

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 13 Dec 2014, 22:30

If any Gateshead officials or fans are reading this forum, I would like to thank your stewards for looking after two of us today. I'm sorry I don't have their names but 3 of them particularly enabled our visit to your stadium to be much more enjoyable, despite the result, than it might have been.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Dec 2014, 22:49

A very fair report from their website - http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5192/gatesh ... sowen-town

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 13 Dec 2014, 23:27

Well our third away day for Yeltz TV and it's a big one!

10 hours roughly on Sheila's Wheels was draining to say the least but was nice to spend time with the guys and the other fans, listened to a bit of music, filmed a pre match coach interview (harder than it looks!) and watched a film.

All in all a brilliant away day, except for paying almost four pounds for a sandwich and a packet of crisps, and of course the loss. Disappointing to be out of the Trophy but not exactly surprising. At the end of the day the higher division club won and progressed although if we defend a couple of balls in to the box better we could be looking at a replay at The Grove at the very least.

And enjoyable experience from us all at Yeltz TV and we hope to make this the start of many more away days in the future. Also a quick shoutout for Sheila, organised the raffle in which I won tonight! A Christmas stocking full of little treats - brilliant.

Our next game will be the big one. Stourbr*dge, away. We can't wait. Hope to see loads of you there, but until then, Up The Yeltz!
Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Dec 2014, 09:27

Well done!

i thought our boys were excellent yesterday. Their two goals were very well taken and were really the only two occasions where they managed to break down our stubborn defence. As a full time team in the fifth tier of English football you would expect them to all be comfortable on the ball and be able to knock it around and they did, but because we really held our shape well they failed to create as many clear cut chances as you would expect. Their goal coming from a good cross and a fine header right inside the post leaving Sarge no chance. We struggled to create anything as well in truth and our best chance of scoring was always going to be from a Tonksy throw, especially after the unfortunate injury to Isedyn. Ben had a good chance at 1-0 and unfortunately the keeper managed to claw it away and we couldn't make the most of the follow up. Isedyn's injury hindered us a lot I thought, his ability to hold up play was evident in the first 30 minutes and although Thompson-Brown worked his guts off in chasing the ball down when he could he's never really going to be as good as holding up the ball as Christie.
I thought they 'upped it' at the start of the second half and we still held them well. Their second goal came from another diagonal cross, and this time the header hit the post to rebound out to their player to follow up. Lait, Bragoli and MacKenzie all had long range efforts in the closing 20 minutes but unfortunately they all flew over the bar.
A strange atmosphere in such a big stadium, the traveling Yeltz fans in the main housed in the 4,000 seated stand opposite the main stand with the 500 home fans. (Even though it only looked like about 300). The club didn't 'sell beer' in the bar at 1:30pm so we headed off to a cracking little pub with a fine selection of ales on offer. Unfortunately, the 10 minute walk there and 10 minute walk back hindered the drinking opportunities , as did the lack of alcohol in the ground. Despite being the coldest I've ever been at a game of football it was a good day, (I even drank Bovril in an attempt to get warm) and as ever those boys in the Yeltz shirt gave their all for the shirt.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ