Gresley Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Gresley Updates

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Nov 2014, 23:10

juanillo wrote:Left it a bit late but a deserved win.

Very unlikely we'll get a southern team like Wimborne or Bristol Rovers as we'll almost certainly be in the northern half of the draw.

Usually the geographical restrictions are only lifted at Round 2 when 32 teams are left.

Maybe a derby with Worcester, Kiddy or Solihull.
I thought that, but Ramsbottom travelled to Banbury today... and Darlington where at St. Neots in the last round.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 30 Nov 2014, 02:09

I thought we really had to dig deep today, get down and dirty and credit to the lads they got the job done. It was about making sure we got ourselves in the hat for the next round, no matter how we achieved it.

I thought we missed Ben today, Iyesden seemed to be playing as the furthest man forward and Thompson-Brown in front, which for me should be the other way round so Iyesden can flick it on or hold the ball up.

Thought we were solid at the back as usual and I just love watching our 2 pacy wing backs bomb forward time and time again, I thought the timing of the subs was spot on as we were starting to be a little flat. I worry about Lait in a 3 5 2, but playing him further forward was a good choice.

Well done to everyone and eagerly awaiting the draw on Monday now.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 30 Nov 2014, 12:36

Tough one - do we want a 'big' team for money purposes or a lesser team in order to potentially progress further and therefore, earn more money in the long run?

Tricky one....