Re: Hednesford Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Nov 2014, 21:42

Full time: 4.1

Glad we are out...

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Nov 2014, 22:51

Not going to go into too much detail. I enjoyed the game, 1-4 certainly flattered them. A good effort by our lads in a game where they stood up to the physicality of Hednesford. I think there were a couple of occasions where the game could have boiled over more than it did down to the downright baffling decisions made by an a referee who was only consistent in his inconsistency. At times it was like a wrestling match with a couple of their players.
They reminded me a little of Belper on a previous occassion. They argued, moaned and whinged at every single bloody decision and sadly the referee wasn't strong enough to deal with it. How in the first half he gave us a free kick when Campell and their CB were having a pushing match is beyond me. If he saw that we had a free kick, he clearly saw their player do something, but obviously felt no need to do anything.
Still, it's a game out of the way, we didn't pick up any injuries as far as I could see and we can look forward to Gresley on Saturday in a much more important game.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Nov 2014, 22:53

Johnny Bud wrote: 9. Nicholas Campbell (???)
Plays for Sporting Khalsa.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 26 Nov 2014, 00:01

Good work out for those who played. At times we played some nice football with a much changed team including a loanee. The result flattered Hednesford.

Saturday was always going to be important to us.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 26 Nov 2014, 00:56

Yes I agree with Rob. No point in going into too much detail and getting hung up about it. The changes made by John Hill tonight obviously showed that Saturdays game is more important and rightly so.

It wasn't the best of games, although to be honest an improvement on what I witnessed the previous night at Villa Park! But anyway, I agree that 4-1 was a bit harsh on us in terms of the score line but don't think we can have many complains about the result. They were a lot better than us, particularly in the second half although after a shaky first 10 minutes or so in the first half, we matched them at times.

Thought there were a lot of bad challenges, predominantly from them but we weren't perfect either but don't think the conditions helped and there was a lot of unnecessary squaring up to each other, particularly from the new guy Nick Campbell, would be very surprised to see him again to be honest, he did okay considering he is playing for a team two leagues below but cannot see him becoming a future player.

All in all, take it on the chin, move on, forget shout it and concentrate on Saturday!

Up the Yeltz!

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 29 Nov 2014, 08:30

Realistically, the B'ham Senior Cup is our best chance of some silverware in the cabinet, at the end of the
season, that and the Worcestershire Cup have always been our best chance of reaching a Final,the F.A.
Cup and Trophy are financially more rewarding but chances of winning them are anything between
10,000/1 and 1,000,000/1! ???